News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Moliphino @rteetz As a massive Tiffins fan, I just HAVE TO add that the octopus app — no matter the incarnation — is amazing!

(Also: if you like the wagyu there, someday do the Tokyo Pairing at F&W, and/or run into a Nobu if you’re ever near one)

Done with my food asides. :D

Alcohol consumption might be the only thing that would get me to ride one of these dangling sweatboxes of misery. :drinking1:faint:

This made me literally LOL - The skyliner is now officially the Dangling Sweatboxes of Misery for me - make it official with an acronym "DSM" lol....a friend of mine says she refuses to go on the skyliner and I keep telling her I'll we'll just have to visit World Showcase first. :rotfl2:

I love it too. My favorite dish was the strip loin and purple potatoes. I’m sad to see that go. I would definitely get the new steak dish but I’m not a fan of brussels.

Ask them to sub the sprouts. They are hugely accommodating at Tiffins. My 12 year old son loves the wagyu and complains about the quality of beef when he gets any other steak:sad2: Should have never let him get that disho_O

For me, I would rank the perks that make me want to stay on-site as follows:

1. Disney Transportation / Convenience
  2. Magical Express
  3. 180+10 for ADRs
  4. 60-day FP+ window
  5. RAC
  6. Being inside the "bubble"
  7. DDP
  8. EMH
So, EMH is not really an incentive for me. I generally employ the strategy of avoiding the EMH park anyway, and then go to that park the day after they have EMH.

Different strokes for different folks for sure.

Having only done EMH one trip last September (as that was the first onsite) I really enjoyed it. I actually specifically planned out park days with EMH in mind as well as normal park hours, MNSSHP and HHN over at Universal as well as their park hours.

So for my here's my list with our present touring strategy and traveling styles for why I would consider staying onsite in order of rank:

1. 60-day FP+ window
  2. EMH
  3. If by Disney Transportation/Convenience you mean proximity to the parks that I would understand. It was really nice jumping in the car and being in the AK parking lot in 4 mins for example. Otherwise Disney transportation is available to offsite guests as well.

• We would rent a car
  • We would not use DME
  • ADRs are of no real importance to us; it was nice to eat at the 3 TS meals we had, we would do it again but being offsite you still can book up to 180 days in advance
  • RAC didn't use that anyways-it's a nice perk but it's not a make it or break it by any means
  • I highly doubt we'd ever get DDP because that's not our style
  • Don't really care about being in the "bubble". The proximity was the main perk there. I enjoyed the theming for sure and wouldn't mind staying on site but being in the bubble without FP at 60 days and without EMH wouldn't matter to us at all. We would rather save $$ at that point and go with somewhere else. Honestly if they got rid of 60 days and EMH it's likely we'd stay at Universal the whole time and drive to WDW parks (the parking fee for offsite guests still wouldn't make up the difference in pricing for Universal and style of rooms for Universal).

Different strokes for different folks for sure.

Having only done EMH one trip last September (as that was the first onsite) I really enjoyed it. I actually specifically planned out park days with EMH in mind as well as normal park hours, MNSSHP and HHN over at Universal as well as their park hours.

So for my here's my list with our present touring strategy and traveling styles for why I would consider staying onsite in order of rank:

1. 60-day FP+ window
  2. EMH
  3. If by Disney Transportation/Convenience you mean proximity to the parks that I would understand. It was really nice jumping in the car and being in the AK parking lot in 4 mins for example. Otherwise Disney transportation is available to offsite guests as well.

• We would rent a car
  • We would not use DME
  • ADRs are of no real importance to us; it was nice to eat at the 3 TS meals we had, we would do it again but being offsite you still can book up to 180 days in advance
  • RAC didn't use that anyways-it's a nice perk but it's not a make it or break it by any means
  • I highly doubt we'd ever get DDP because that's not our style
  • Don't really care about being in the "bubble". The proximity was the main perk there. I enjoyed the theming for sure and wouldn't mind staying on site but being in the bubble without FP at 60 days and without EMH wouldn't matter to us at all. We would rather save $$ at that point and go with somewhere else. Honestly if they got rid of 60 days and EMH it's likely we'd stay at Universal the whole time and drive to WDW parks (the parking fee for offsite guests still wouldn't make up the difference in pricing for Universal and style of rooms for Universal).

Proximity to the parks, plus the convenience of not having to drive, and getting dropped off near the park entrance. We normally always stay on property. However, a month ago, we completed our first off-site stay. Only reason being that at one of our kid's school fund-raisers, we had won the use of condo in Kissimmee for a week. What a hassle to drive to the parks, pay the $22 for parking (many places I would opt for preferred parking as its usually 35-50% more than general parking, but at WDW it's more than double), get directed to park in a specific spot even though there are much better/closer spots available (though I understand why they do it,), then tram/walk in the heat to the park entrance. We missed just hopping on Disney Transportation from/back to our resort badly the entire time. Combine that with lousy FP+ availability at 30 days, no DME when getting off plane so having to retrieve luggage and then get rental car (RAC didn't mater this time since we were getting on the Fantasy at the end of our week) and we basically came to the conclusion of "Never again" when it comes to staying off-site.

Proximity to the parks, plus the convenience of not having to drive, and getting dropped off near the park entrance. We normally always stay on property. However, a month ago, we completed our first off-site stay. Only reason being that at one of our kid's school fund-raisers, we had won the use of condo in Kissimmee for a week. What a hassle to drive to the parks, pay the $22 for parking (many places I would opt for preferred parking as its usually 35-50% more than general parking, but at WDW it's more than double), get directed to park in a specific spot even though there are much better/closer spots available (though I understand why they do it,), then tram/walk in the heat to the park entrance. We missed just hopping on Disney Transportation from/back to our resort badly the entire time. Combine that with lousy FP+ availability at 30 days, no DME when getting off plane so having to retrieve luggage and then get rental car (RAC didn't mater this time since we were getting on the Fantasy at the end of our week) and we basically came to the conclusion of "Never again" when it comes to staying off-site.

Definitely pluses and minuses - we always stay offsite do to cost/needing more room. But like having a car as we can go directly wherever we want and don’t have to wait for buses or whatever. We are usually at the park for (or close to) rope drop so usually get a spot close enough we don’t need to do the tram. Only things I could not get FP at 30 days for were new Toy Story rides, FoP, and 7DMT so did those at rope drop with not too bad waits.

Definitely perks of staying onsite and we may do it occasionally but for us not with the cost

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter