News Round Up 2020

Touring Plans calls 2020 WDW crowd levels “unprecedented”.

30% of days so far have been a 10/10.

https://touringplans.com/blog/2020/03/02/crowd-calendar-update-for-march-coming-soon/

Presidents week/Princess Marathon week was completely insane. We were there for it in 2017 and the crowds were way greater this year than in 2017. Standby lines were completely crazy, though we were able to do pretty much everything we wanted without too long a waits using rope drop and FP+. I think if Disney didn't see an initial Star Wars bump they are seeing it now. I talk to people at work that haven't been to Disney in 20 years and want to go to see the Star Wars stuff. So much for price increases slowing down. (I could see Coronavirus fears affecting them this summer though.)

Presidents week/Princess Marathon week was completely insane. We were there for it in 2017 and the crowds were way greater this year than in 2017. Standby lines were completely crazy, though we were able to do pretty much everything we wanted without too long a waits using rope drop and FP+. I think if Disney didn't see an initial Star Wars bump they are seeing it now. I talk to people at work that haven't been to Disney in 20 years and want to go to see the Star Wars stuff. So much for price increases slowing down. (I could see Coronavirus fears affecting them this summer though.)
I have some relatives going in two weeks (middle of March), we'll see what they think of the crowds, but the only time they have ever gone was in late August 2015, my guess it will be WAY more crowded this March for them.

Definitely seems like the Star War "bump" is happening now (as many predicted that people were waiting until it was fully done before going (or going back (like my family) now that Rise and Runaway Railway is open). I mean DHS alone has 4 new attractions since we last went in summer 2019 (Lightning McQueen, Rise, MMRR, and the Mickey Shorts theatre (okay that is a stretch, but it is "new" and something to do).
|
I guess all the discounts they have been dumping on 2020 will be helping too.

It will be interesting to see how the next 3 months go in WDW though with the virus perhaps scaring away a lot of visitors. The virus "news" will only get worse as it will most definitely spread throughout the country (like any other flu-like disease). If the media keeps scaring the public, I am sure people will start cancelling vacations for April-June.

It will be interesting to see how the next 3 months go in WDW though with the virus perhaps scaring away a lot of visitors. The virus "news" will only get worse as it will most definitely spread throughout the country (like any other flu-like disease). If the media keeps scaring the public, I am sure people will start cancelling vacations for April-June.

I think even aside from fear based cancellations there will be other related cancellations. Say you're in the medical field and you're told that no one can take vacation time for a stretch of time; or you had a trip planned, but wound up burning through some of your time off from work because you were ill or family members were ill; or your work is dependent on imports that slow down or stop and again, you wind up not working for awhile; etc.

And some of those reasons can cause cancellations of trips further forward that just Spring time ones. We could have a fall or holiday trip planned, but if we use up our vacation time or experience a lay off of some sort, we'd probably cancel, kwim?

On the flip side, those who cancel now may reschedule for the end of the year, making that time possibly busier. So it will be interesting to see how the crowds are going forward.

They have the red carpet rolled out in front of the Chinese Theater this morning with a stage and Mickey and Minnie are out filming for the opening. Saw someone with a microphone but couldn’t tell who it was for.

They have the red carpet rolled out in front of the Chinese Theater this morning with a stage and Mickey and Minnie are out filming for the opening. Saw someone with a microphone but couldn’t tell who it was for.
Today is media day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter