News Round Up 2020

Why does The Good Dinosaur get so much hate? I've always liked that movie.
IMO......it was unappealing for the little boy to act like a puppy or pet and the dinosaur to be the smart, thoughtful character. In The Jungle Book where the characters are on more equal footing it is more appealing and enjoyable.

I’m seeing on Twitter that Mulan’s release in China has been cancelled - haven’t found an official source yet but I’m keeping an eye out

IMO......it was unappealing for the little boy to act like a puppy or pet and the dinosaur to be the smart, thoughtful character. In The Jungle Book where the characters are on more equal footing it is more appealing and enjoyable.
I figured that's what a lot of people held over it. I think it's fine in a fantasy world where dinosaurs still ruled, to show humans as a side creature. I thought it was an interesting take.

I figured that's what a lot of people held over it. I think it's fine in a fantasy world where dinosaurs still ruled, to show humans as a side creature. I thought it was an interesting take.

I didn't mind it EXCEPT the design on the dinosaurs weirded me out in some way I can't explain. Something about the way their eyes were set on their head reminded me of claymation (specifically the dad dinosaur), and there was a lot of claymation that for whatever reason terrified me as a child (ie Gumby) and I can't un-hitch these two things in my mind. I realize this is the strangest sounding thing ever but there we are.

I’m seeing on Twitter that Mulan’s release in China has been cancelled - haven’t found an official source yet but I’m keeping an eye out
They made all kinds of changes from the original to please the Chinese communist government, it serves them right that the movie won’t get a chance to open there until after everyone in China has watched a pirated copy.

Saw the first 2 cases of coronavirus were reported in Florida (Tampa area). I wonder if the panic will set in and affect Walt Disney World this year? And if so -- -will we see projects cancelled or delayed? :(

They are already delaying projects here because of the Asia closures, so the more issues crop up, the longer the delays and may turn to cancellations.

Saw the first 2 cases of coronavirus were reported in Florida (Tampa area). I wonder if the panic will set in and affect Walt Disney World this year? And if so -- -will we see projects cancelled or delayed? :(
I saw one earlier. Did they say if they had traveled overseas or if it was community transmission?

NEWS

new A Path Less Traveled tour coming to Animal Kingdom

note, this is the same name as a tour that was around in 2018, but the details are different - seems like a lot about the park design and how that factors into the care for the animals, etc:

"While on this onstage walking tour, you’ll learn more about the authentic details, clever construction and imaginative design throughout the park. You’ll also have the chance to meet with animal care experts to learn how we care for the hundreds of animals in the park and what we’re doing to save wildlife species worldwide. This limited-time opportunity provides a glimpse into what it takes to bring the magic of animals, culture and conservation to life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

The tour will be $69.00, plus tax per guest with a 15% discount for Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members. Check-in begins at 7:45 a.m. and the tour runs 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. daily from March 29 – May 2, 2020, with the exception of April 21, 2020. All guests must be 10 years of age or older to participate. Tour participation requires park admission and ticket cost is not included in the tour price. "

NEWS

new A Path Less Traveled tour coming to Animal Kingdom

note, this is the same name as a tour that was around in 2018, but the details are different - seems like a lot about the park design and how that factors into the care for the animals, etc:

"While on this onstage walking tour, you’ll learn more about the authentic details, clever construction and imaginative design throughout the park. You’ll also have the chance to meet with animal care experts to learn how we care for the hundreds of animals in the park and what we’re doing to save wildlife species worldwide. This limited-time opportunity provides a glimpse into what it takes to bring the magic of animals, culture and conservation to life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

The tour will be $69.00, plus tax per guest with a 15% discount for Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members. Check-in begins at 7:45 a.m. and the tour runs 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. daily from March 29 – May 2, 2020, with the exception of April 21, 2020. All guests must be 10 years of age or older to participate. Tour participation requires park admission and ticket cost is not included in the tour price. "

I wish it wasn’t for such a limited time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter