News Round Up 2020

Optimistic that they'd spend time/money promoting this for travel on June 1st. Don't think they'd waste the effort if they didn't think there was a real chance at opening that early.

Hope everyone is well I’ve noticed a drop in posts to this thread which is certainly understandable. I’m in the 60 + range so it certainly has my attention. Stay well DIS friends. We will recover and be back at the parks before too long but paying attention to the directions of experts will help to make that happen.

in the mean time let’s keep the conversaion going to provide a much needed diversion.

I feel you. I miss this distraction too, mentally planning future trips is near impossible it seems now. Love this free dining recovery though that is too awesome.

Our trip is scheduled for May 26th through June 4th, our fast passes are already made. Hard to know what to do. It is still over 8 weeks away and rescheduling means losing a lot of difficult to get fast passes that we probably won’t be able to get again. I also can’t help but wonder what it will be like when they reopen, will they be understaffed, will they do meet and greets, still have flower and garden, etc.....🤔

Hope everyone is well I’ve noticed a drop in posts to this thread which is certainly understandable. I’m in the 60 + range so it certainly has my attention. Stay well DIS friends. We will recover and be back at the parks before too long but paying attention to the directions of experts will help to make that happen.

in the mean time let’s keep the conversaion going to provide a much needed diversion.

Yep ... the news/rumors forums has remained my 'go to' filtering out a lot of other craziness. Whether working from home, furloughed, or out in public participating in life-sustaining industries we are all Disney geeks here ... or we wouldn't be reading!

I truly appreciate the input of the rumors/news participant even when the news slows. This has been a great discussion forum keeping things civil without a ton of the bickering and politics!

*special thanks to rteetz and the other mods*

nice gesture ... to try and fill the parks. But, out of country/town visitors all flocking back doesn’t put my mind at ease, at all. I was just talking about an AP re-visit that falls in that time frame. There goes that idea, no thanks!

I guess, as usual, this offer doesn't apply to annual passholders with room only reservations.😞
Unfortunately it doesn't. In the past I have found it more economical (even last year when we took 3 trips and were in the parks for 19 days) to travel during free dining and pay full price for room and tickets as opposed to getting an Annual Pass. It really depends on the times of year we travel and which resorts we like to stay in. For us, free dining saves us a bit more money over the purchase of an AP.

Hopefully they will offer another incentive to those guests who had room reservations and had to cancel them due to park closures.

Personally, I've taken a big step back from posting/reading on DISboards. Nowadays, anytime the closure is brought up (which is often) it just seems the most negative people are responding. Calling people crazy who have hope for May. I think we can be realistic and still have hope, but not at the moment on these boards.

The boards are just very much doom and gloom, so besides reading trip reports I've been attempting to stay away. I let myself log on every few days to see if real news has been happening.
Well people who hope the parks will be open in May are deluded, there is no prospect of that happening from a public health standpoint. That's not being negative that's being very realistic. Have hope for something far more realistic. This virus will be circulating until a vaccine is taken up by the population, with luck this will be Summer 2021. Until then social distancing will need to be practised by everyone and that concept isn't really compatible with theme park crowds and queues. It could be that the only people they allow in the parks are those that have had the disease, have recovered from it and can prove it. The biggest hope at the moment is they find an existing drug that can be used as a treatment, but that would need to go through months of testing. Again, not being negative or doom and gloom just realistic.

I take it this is worthless to anyone with an AP?

Yeah, as usual us AP holders don’t get to enjoy the dining plan. Been that way for years now. Hopefully they’ll come out with some other deal for AP holders to entice us back. We live about an hour from the park, but rarely just go for a day trip (usually want a couple nights in one of the resorts for the full experience), but we never get the added bonus of free dining.

Usual Disney planning being put on hold is so weird. I should be at Hilton Head right now. Probably like most of you, we’re starting to get cases in our town. It really makes you more comfortable with all the change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter