News Round Up 2020

Yeah, as usual us AP holders don’t get to enjoy the dining plan. Been that way for years now. Hopefully they’ll come out with some other deal for AP holders to entice us back. We live about an hour from the park, but rarely just go for a day trip (usually want a couple nights in one of the resorts for the full experience), but we never get the added bonus of free dining.

yeah, I am sure this is just the first of many deals that will be out there - probably just got this out to make people who have to cancel there trips that aren't AP holders (so more likely not "regular" visitors) to not just cancel them but to just push them back a few months

I suspect there will be a lot of AP room only discounts and stuff like that coming, once they know with more certainty when they will actually be open

yeah, I am sure this is just the first of many deals that will be out there - probably just got this out to make people who have to cancel there trips that aren't AP holders (so more likely not "regular" visitors) to not just cancel them but to just push them back a few months

I suspect there will be a lot of AP room only discounts and stuff like that coming, once they know with more certainty when they will actually be open
I think the next wave of "discounts" will be to the people who have trips in late May, June, July, August to encourage them to KEEP their current reservations.

I have one of those reservations that is "on the edge" of possible re-opening time. If Disney reopens in May (which means things are better in the world) . .I won't have an issue keeping that reservation. If they don't plan on opening up until June .. I may not UNLESS Disney throws me some huge bones (a bigger discount than the AP Sun and Fun). I don't want to pay those prices for the reduced experience (depending on what that will look like) that we are likely to get for many many months after re-opening.

But hey .. if Disney decides to limit the people in the park? Maybe that would be enough to keep it.

I think the next wave of "discounts" will be to the people who have trips in late May, June, July, August to encourage them to KEEP their current reservations.

I have one of those reservations that is "on the edge" of possible re-opening time. If Disney reopens in May (which means things are better in the world) . .I won't have an issue keeping that reservation. If they don't plan on opening up until June .. I may not UNLESS Disney throws me some huge bones (a bigger discount than the AP Sun and Fun). I don't want to pay those prices for the reduced experience (depending on what that will look like) that we are likely to get for many many months after re-opening.

But hey .. if Disney decides to limit the people in the park? Maybe that would be enough to keep it.

Same. Mine is May 21-25th. Fingers crossed.

We have a trip booked for late April. We have already purchased tickets so we could do our FP. Would we have to purchase new tickets to apply the free dining?

We have a trip booked for late April. We have already purchased tickets so we could do our FP. Would we have to purchase new tickets to apply the free dining?
This offer is a package offer. In order to get the offer you have to rebook between June 1st. and September 30th and you need a minimum 2-night stay and base ticket with that. Values and Moderates get the quick service plan and the deluxe resorts get the regular Disney Dining Plan.

Does anyone know if my original booking for May was through Undercover Tourist if I would qualify for the free dining? I "chatted" with a resort reservationist and they said No I don't qualify but not sure he was correct. I don't know if I want to be on hold for 2 hours to ask the question just to get the same answer.

Does anyone know if my original booking for May was through Undercover Tourist if I would qualify for the free dining? I "chatted" with a resort reservationist and they said No I don't qualify but not sure he was correct. I don't know if I want to be on hold for 2 hours to ask the question just to get the same answer.
Did you book just the tickets through them? If so you wouldn’t be able to apply those tickets to this new offer because those tickets were separate from your room. You can cancel you room and then book a new package though and use those tickets as a credit for a future vacation but you won’t be able to apply that to this offer.

Did you book just the tickets through them? If so you wouldn’t be able to apply those tickets to this new offer because those tickets were separate from your room. You can cancel you room and then book a new package though and use those tickets as a credit for a future vacation but you won’t be able to apply that to this offer.
I booked room and tickets through Undercover Tourist. So I think I'm outta luck entirely to be eligible.

I booked room and tickets through Undercover Tourist. So I think I'm outta luck entirely to be eligible.
I’m not exactly familiar with undercover tourist but you may be able to cancel that reservation if a package and then use that confirmation number and rebook on your own through Disney. You have to call though it can’t be done online.

Yeah, as usual us AP holders don’t get to enjoy the dining plan. Been that way for years now. Hopefully they’ll come out with some other deal for AP holders to entice us back. We live about an hour from the park, but rarely just go for a day trip (usually want a couple nights in one of the resorts for the full experience), but we never get the added bonus of free dining.
I live 10 hours away, but usually take 4-5 trips to WDW a year as an AP. I think Disney thinks all APs live close by, but lots of us don't. I sure wish they would show the APs some love with the occasional free dining plan.

There’s word out there on some corners of the internet that if APs take advantage of the deal that they’ll be able to apply the ticket portion to AP renewal. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I don't mind that I'm missing the DP, but I do with they were giving us SOMETHING. Yeah, extending our AP is nice, but not as nice as free dining. The best thing I can think of is free FPs or extending our renewal date an extra month or two even beyond what they will based on the amount of days it is closed. My Universal AP got me 18 months for the price of 12, and now that 18 will end up being 20-21. Almost 2 years for half the cost of my disney AP for 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter