News Round Up 2020

I don't get why Disney+ doesn't have more of the older TV shows on it. I personally find the content very lacking, especially when a lot of the original content is basically a long form Disney ad.

They also don't seem to have many of the C-list movies, stuff I've never seen but am interested in, like Tomorrowland.

Even the old shows they have it's just a few episodes, like only 6 Mickey Mouse clubs.

I'm locked in for 4 years and it's worth what I paid, but no way I'd keep it if I was paying monthly.

I don't get why Disney+ doesn't have more of the older TV shows on it. I personally find the content very lacking, especially when a lot of the original content is basically a long form Disney ad.

They also don't seem to have many of the C-list movies, stuff I've never seen but am interested in, like Tomorrowland.

Even the old shows they have it's just a few episodes, like only 6 Mickey Mouse clubs.

I'm locked in for 4 years and it's worth what I paid, but no way I'd keep it if I was paying monthly.

I am about as pro-Disney+ as you can get but I agree with this abut the shows. I would love if more/all of the Wonderful World of Color and stuff like that was on there - maybe they want to roll stuff out over time but now woul dbe a good time to do so, and maybe provide guides of ones that focus on different topics?

I agree! Can we PLEASE get Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color? Put Uncle Walt out there for this generation who has never seen him.

This... Also more/all of the classic cartoons. Ludwig Von Drake, Humphrey the bear... Maybe it's on there already but if it is it's not easy to find.

I still haven't done a free trial. There's some things on there I want to watch but I agree about the older stuff. If they'd put the old MMC stuff up or the disney channel movies from the 90s I'd be more likely to keep it after a trial. Especially now with most new shows finishing on tv and only old sports except for a couple of iracing events on the weekend, I've been looking for stuff to watch.

I still haven't done a free trial. There's some things on there I want to watch but I agree about the older stuff. If they'd put the old MMC stuff up or the disney channel movies from the 90s I'd be more likely to keep it after a trial. Especially now with most new shows finishing on tv and only old sports except for a couple of iracing events on the weekend, I've been looking for stuff to watch.
I believe the vast majority of the Disney Channel Original Movies are on Disney+. Are there specific ones you're looking for?

I agree.
While I enjoy what is there, it seems lke a lot of content is missing. Maybe they don't own the rights to Wonderful world of color, etc.
I also am surprised that they haven't added any of the Fox content on disney +. When they purchased Fox, I figured that would be a quick addition. Add family friendly content to Disney + and the rest to Hulu.

I agree.
While I enjoy what is there, it seems lke a lot of content is missing. Maybe they don't own the rights to Wonderful world of color, etc.
I also am surprised that they haven't added any of the Fox content on disney +. When they purchased Fox, I figured that would be a quick addition. Add family friendly content to Disney + and the rest to Hulu.
There are a lot of factors in play here. They may not have the rights to some shows, but I believe any of the Wonderful World of Color/Walt Disney's Disneyland were owned by ABC, which Disney now owns as well. I think a major reason for the lack of some content is that they want to slowly add new content when memberships begin to stagnate. They need to have a backlog of things to add in addition to their new content to continue to draw new users.

Also, I don't think Fox has a lot of content that is "family friendly" in the way that Disney wants for Disney+. IMO, they added the Simpsons and Avatar solely because of how big and popular the IP is, not because it fits with the overall vibe of Disney+.

I believe the vast majority of the Disney Channel Original Movies are on Disney+. Are there specific ones you're looking for?

I don't know, I'd have to see what's there, can't say I retained movie names from disney from jr high and high school but I know I watched them. We had Disney channel as an add on. Zenon movies for sure, there was some ridic one with Justin Timberlake.

MMC, their concerts and emeral cove would get me, I watch clips on you tube. I also vaguely remember the disney channel showing a new kids concert on a free preview weekend, pretty sure I recorded it. Oh and umm what's the name that Fergie came from that was on Disney. I think Mario Lopez was a dancer the first season. That'd be good too but I don't know if that was a dis show or just one they showed.

ETA Kids Incorporated!

Last edited:
I"d also like for Disney to put all of their old marketing videos and parades(from when Regis and Joan used to host) on Disney +. They're so fun. I watched one yesterday on youtube. I miss the way they used to run the parades on holidays.

I think at least some of the parades are on you tube because someone posted them to the dis fb group for easter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter