News Round Up 2020

the higher ups want anything kathleen kennedy was involved with in galaxys edge including the removal of rey finn poe

the higher ups want anything kathleen kennedy was involved with in galaxys edge including the removal of rey finn poe
You realize no one here is taking your “takes” seriously? You keep posting single sentence rants that are not substantiated by anything or anyone (other than random internet posters) and have no facts to back up your arguments. Other than the random, I have sources argument.

Sad -- I had somehow skipped that attraction for decades until last year. And I loved it. Though those laser effects were REALLY dated. What a great little live-action show for the kids. I liked how it was in a smaller theater (compared to say Frozen or Nemo).

I could see a lot of live action shows getting a "permanent" axe soon as this virus drags on and hurts WDW attendance. Especially the ones that have been around a LOONG time like Indiana Jones and Beauty and the Beast. Probably time to brace ourselves for more permanent closures soon? Will we see a permanent closure or two in each park?

Hopefully this is a first step (though FAR into the future) of taking that whole Animation courtyard and turning it into a good attraction. That Launch Bay is such a waste of space now there is SWGE (still surprised they didn't incorporate some M&G areas into SWGE).

As much as I feel that Kennedy mishandled the Star Wars sequel trilogy .. I really doubt that Disney is going to try and "erase" it. They could EASILY build up (and around) the sequel trilogy like they did with the prequel trilogy. The Clone Wars cartoon pretty much "saved" the prequel trilogy in terms of the fans, marketing and toys.

They could do the same with the sequel trilogy, though it does appear they have "abandoned" it (with just how little toys/merchandise Rise of Skywalker had compared to the first two movies). But they aren't just going to re-skin Galaxy's Edge ... (though .. I will admit .. the land (outside of Rise of the Resitance) is built pretty generically that they easily could.

rise of the resistance was originally planned around the orignal trilogy before kathleen kennedy squashed that at least shes getting fired

The utility is its own thing and something I’m not going to argue isn’t a huge money maker for Comcast; I was referring to the TV network operations.

People think of Disney as parks and movies, but Disney’s TV media segments make up 35% of revenues and 50% of profits (and that doesn’t include Disney+) while Comcast’s TV media segments make up only 19% of their revenues and 18% of profits. When we’re sitting here on Tuesday and most people are flabbergasted that Disney only lost 1 or 2 billion dollars in a quarter where their theme parks were closed the entire time, well, that’s why.
I thought you were comparing all of NBC and the cable network to ABC/ESPN.

There are a couple new Premium Bands available to be purchased by Resort Guests/APs. One is Happily Ever After exclusive and the other is a fairly new band that's a new option as a premium bands.

There are a couple new Premium Bands available to be purchased by Resort Guests/APs. One is Happily Ever After exclusive and the other is a fairly new band that's a new option as a premium bands.

I like the premium bands and cost (they should have been doing this since the beginning!).. I don't necessarily like how they are shipped right away. The last two sets, got them shipped to me and then I cancelled one trip (was in October, 2019 because we got to go to SWGE preview in 8/2019 instead and then had my last June 2020 trip cancelled) .. Got both sets of premium bands (and I never did notice a second charge to pay the difference between the discount and full price) At least one set of them were actually used. The others have been sitting on the shelf since March waiting for the June trip that never happened. :(.

I feel if I order some cool bands now for a January trip I have planned .. I may end up cancelling it (because things are still reduced/restricted) and have even MORE Magic bands sitting around going unused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter