News Round Up 2020

I teach high school band. Thanks for being grown band kids! Yea, there’s a lot of concern playing indoors. The National Study is the University of Colorado aerosols. We’re all making adaptations like bell covers, nylon bags for clarinet/saxophones, wind covers for flutes, UB lights for percussion instruments. Ugh.

Playing outdoors with 6’ distancing, 6x9 for trombones is very effective and safe.

https://www.nfhs.org/media/4029974/preliminary-testing-report-7-13-20.pdf
study preliminary findings if you’re interested or worried about your kids.

all this is why drumline is the best section in the marching band ;)

The marching band in Main Street has been playing daily. How is this any less safe than that?
I didn't know they were, either way doesn't seem smart to be projecting droplets out onto guests. But I have not personally studied the movement of spit droplets through brass instruments.

it can be safely if done outside with 6’ perimeter around trumpets, 6x9 trombones. I put up the study that all band directors are adapting to in a previous post (If you’re bored, intreagued or concerned).

You‘d be kissing your hearing goodbye if you got close to the MK Band trumpets. Davey Jones and Chad Shoopman are legends in the business and extremely loud (and funny). That being said, I’d step back a few more feet.

I teach high school band. Thanks for being grown band kids! Yea, there’s a lot of concern playing indoors. The National Study is the University of Colorado aerosols. We’re all making adaptations like bell covers, nylon bags for clarinet/saxophones, wind covers for flutes, UB lights for percussion instruments. Ugh.

Playing outdoors with 6’ distancing, 6x9 for trombones is very effective and safe.

https://www.nfhs.org/media/4029974/preliminary-testing-report-7-13-20.pdf
study preliminary findings if you’re interested or worried about your kids.
What are you doing with the condensation water? When I was in band we'd just dump it on the floor, which is pretty gross even without covid around. Dumping it on the ground outside is probably fine.

Reading many comments about the SM incident. Amazed that people don't realize that there is an alternative to getting out of the boat. Simply stand up.

Sinking ship jokes aside, doesn't look like a problem with the whole attraction.

The warning signs do say you might get soaked though.

Can you imagine sitting in that boat submerged instead of getting out??? HA! #rulefollower
I'm pretty sure that water would be over my daughter's head. A boat being able to sink that deep with restraints is a pretty big safety issue. Telling people to stay in it is just dumb.

Reading many comments about the SM incident. Amazed that people don't realize that there is an alternative to getting out of the boat. Simply stand up.
And when the next boat hits theirs causing everyone to fall over, is that actually safer than standing on the walkway?

That's assuming the next boat didn't ramp over the back of the sunken one hitting the people.

Last edited:
And when the next boat hits theirs causing everyone to fall over, is that actually safer than standing on the walkway?

That's assuming the next boat didn't ramp over the back of the sunken one hitting the people.
This is what I thought too. Those boats get bumped numerous times after they first bump into the boat in front of them. We’d have been found standing beside our boat too.

Also, guests have no idea how deep the water is. We’d be getting out for sure!!

I'm pretty sure that water would be over my daughter's head. A boat being able to sink that deep with restraints is a pretty big safety issue. Telling people to stay in it is just dumb.

This is what I thought too. Those boats get bumped numerous times after they first bump into the boat in front of them. We’d have been found standing beside our boat too.

Also, guests have no idea how deep the water is. We’d be getting out for sure!!

Oh my, right! Sorry, I was kidding about staying in the boat, sorry that didn't come across.

Yea, that is comically unsafe to be in a boat, submerged, on a ride, being bumped, I'm sure there's chemicals in that water, etc. Glad everyone is safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter