News Round Up 2020

Disney society orchestra

If they are using brass and woodwind players, I hope they've got the bells/instruments covered, musicians spaced, and a barrier between the audience and the stage. I was reading the other day about how instruments disperse droplets. Covering the bells for brass and enclosing the entire instrument for woodwinds, aside from flutes which don't really have a solution yet, does drastically reduce droplets- to the level of an unmasked conversation, which still isn't safe is someone is infected. I love music, was a band geek, was in chorus, think local orchestras are an essential part of the community, but it just seems really hard to this kind of thing safely right now.

I would love to see regular orchestra performances at WDW, but not in place of BatB. The Pixar concert they did in the evenings a few summers ago were nice. Hopefully they're not considering cutting BatB once they end the union dispute, or the other shows...part of what sets WDW apart is their stellar live entertainment. Even Universal has nothing that compares to BatB, FotLK, or Nemo.

If they are using brass and woodwind players, I hope they've got the bells/instruments covered, musicians spaced, and a barrier between the audience and the stage. I was reading the other day about how instruments disperse droplets. Covering the bells for brass and enclosing the entire instrument for woodwinds, aside from flutes which don't really have a solution yet, does drastically reduce droplets- to the level of an unmasked conversation, which still isn't safe is someone is infected. I love music, was a band geek, was in chorus, think local orchestras are an essential part of the community, but it just seems really hard to this kind of thing safely right now.

I would love to see regular orchestra performances at WDW, but not in place of BatB. The Pixar concert they did in the evenings a few summers ago were nice. Hopefully they're not considering cutting BatB once they end the union dispute, or the other shows...part of what sets WDW apart is their stellar live entertainment. Even Universal has nothing that compares to BatB, FotLK, or Nemo.
I was wondering the same thing about the droplets being sprayed everywhere. I was actually thinking about this yesterday WRT band at schools.

My local schools are doing an A/B hybrid, but letting the band practice together. I used to play Tuba, and the amount of spit/condensation that collects in them is insane. Doesn't seem smart to have bands practicing in tight rooms with poor ventilation.

It's also unbecoming that they are using CM and guest safety as a stick to bust the Union.

It's quote weird seeing the B&B characters without voices on that stage. I suppose that they need as many attractions open as possible at the moment as HS has had the highest wait times, and not a lot of attractions (at least AK has Gorilla Falls/Maharajah Jungle Trek to swallow some crowds)

I like the music quite a bit but seems a stretch to call that a show.

Honestly I would love it if they just had the band play there and opened up a few bars inside the theater and just made it a place to hang out and listen to some live music - guess more like an outdoor club than a show

A speakeasy type place would be fun with a live band like in the video.

Or a Supper Club.

I like the music quite a bit but seems a stretch to call that a show.

Honestly I would love it if they just had the band play there and opened up a few bars inside the theater and just made it a place to hang out and listen to some live music - guess more like an outdoor club than a show
Yet another dead attraction - and the 50th is coming :(.

i can’t say I’m surprised but I thought the show held up reasonably well for its age. We enjoyed it last year.

I wish they’d give it a budget overhaul. Simply reorganizing the story to make it make more sense and use a copy of the blu-ray to do the projections. The Ariel rock/seat, Under the Sea puppets, Ursula, and Max are awesome! Make it a few minutes longer and rework the script then add better projection (or just nix it and add King Triton onstage) and boom! Very good, popular show! Even the lasers could stay - kids don’t see those much, so they’re “neat” to them.

I was wondering the same thing about the droplets being sprayed everywhere. I was actually thinking about this yesterday WRT band at schools.

My local schools are doing an A/B hybrid, but letting the band practice together. I used to play Tuba, and the amount of spit/condensation that collects in them is insane. Doesn't seem smart to have bands practicing in tight rooms with poor ventilation.

It's also unbecoming that they are using CM and guest safety as a stick to bust the Union.

The marching band in Main Street has been playing daily. How is this any less safe than that?

The marching band in Main Street has been playing daily. How is this any less safe than that?
I didn't know they were, either way doesn't seem smart to be projecting droplets out onto guests. But I have not personally studied the movement of spit droplets through brass instruments.

News - Especially for the person asking about Coco Music :)
There has been name-calling on all of these threads. Lots of bullying of opinion. If you believe this, that makes you that! Honestly, it's been horrible. If anyone has a differing opinion, they must be a (insert your choice of insult). Unfortunately, it's like a train wreck. I try to look away but I keep coming back.

I teach high school band. Thanks for being grown band kids! Yea, there’s a lot of concern playing indoors. The National Study is the University of Colorado aerosols. We’re all making adaptations like bell covers, nylon bags for clarinet/saxophones, wind covers for flutes, UB lights for percussion instruments. Ugh.

Playing outdoors with 6’ distancing, 6x9 for trombones is very effective and safe.

https://www.nfhs.org/media/4029974/preliminary-testing-report-7-13-20.pdf
study preliminary findings if you’re interested or worried about your kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter