News Round Up 2020

Potential news: Stacy (and her Must-Do’s) are MIA on the Resort TVs. She was on when we checked in on Monday, but today the channel is all promos for Disney shows, movies, music, etc. 😭 Don’t know if this is permanent or official, but had to share. She is an integral part of our vacation! (But we knew this day would have to come at some point.)

I may have to cancel our September and October trips if this is true 😭

@MommaBerd you should march straight to the lobby and demand answers as well. Biggest on site perk taken away without goodbye merch or announcement?!

I will get right on that! Maybe I’ll make our own merch with all our favorite Stacy quotes! 🤣

It’s ironic because I was just telling the family on Tuesday that they almost need a crawler at the bottom of her show with a disclaimer that states, “Not all attractions or experiences are available, and some have been modified due to COVID”

I don't know why Disney is complicating this for people used to the existing model:

I have Prime (which gives me "free" access to their Prime Video library. As long as I pay my Prime fee every year I continue to have access to the videos for streaming.

Separate from that I purchase a movie from Amazon and add it to my streaming library.

If I stop being a Prime member, I will still have access to the content I purchased.

This is the model people are expecting from Mulan on D+ If it's just early access and you lose access to it if you stop paying the $7/month that's a huge problem.

That's not what this is though. This purchase is like purchasing movie tickets with the side bonus is that you have access to the movie until everyone else does on D+. From what I've read, this is not replacing a bluray/digital purchase as you're describing from Amazon or anywhere else.

That's not what this is though. This purchase is like purchasing movie tickets with the side bonus is that you have access to the movie until everyone else does on D+. From what I've read, this is not replacing a bluray/digital purchase as you're describing from Amazon or anywhere else.
This is the problem of tying it to D+ and then saying "keep it as long as you have D+." I agree that you are just paying for early access, but it complicates the overall story by being somewhere between a rental and purchase.

Net zero for electricity use at theme parks and stores or everything they do? I have a feeling this doesn’t include manufacturing. They need to work on reducing plastic waste for merch.
They need to focus on all waste. The amount of trash generated by food and wine is crazy.

Still at least they are making movements in the right direction, although this story didn't seem to have anything new in it

I get that. I'm saying it's complicated and not-well-enough defined to the public who IMO are going to think it's like the Amazon situation I described.

Net zero for electricity use at theme parks and stores or everything they do? I have a feeling this doesn’t include manufacturing. They need to work on reducing plastic waste for merch.

Do they count manufacturing as part of the company? They don't own the factories.

I honestly can’t decide when to go. Don’t they have a few other Projects that should open in 2022-23ish? I get the foreign parks confused.

I think there was something for 22/23, but I suspect it will move out further. I think it’s the expansion at the Seas, 2022 is a birthday milestone for my husband and I. That’s why we are targeting it. We will see what COVID gives us.

They needed this so much at DHS. I got stopped all 3 days we went to the park. Every time I had to empty the contents of my bag. They would dig through the pile incredulously, like I must be harboring something. Then they would wand me, and then do both again when they couldn’t find anything. Never had problems at Epcot/AK with the new machine or at MK with the old metal detectors.

I noticed they have fixed several of the big street signs around property. There was a particularly bad exit sign that was almost unreadable off World Drive. Anyone know if they generally replace or repaint?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter