News Round Up 2020

The bulk of the mailing costs are for the household - i.e., the single mailing - I would bet the cost for including an additional magnet in the same mailing are much less significant.
Disney isn’t smart enough to put 4 in the same package. They’d probably mail 4 individual packages to the same house. Easier for them to just do one per household.

or at the very least more subscribers paying for it this way than theater tickets sold if they released it to theaters soon or eventually

It might not be that they think they will make a ton of $ this way, but that they think it is the "best of bad solutions" so they will "make back" the most this way vs other options

I paid for 3 years of Disney + up front through the D23 offer and it worked out to, I think, $4/month? Since it isn't something I have active in my budget, I wouldn't mind $30 to see something like this. However, I think Mulan is not something my very young kids would enjoy yet so I probably won't get it right away unless DH and I decide we want to watch it that badly... but we haven't invested much in the live-actions in general. I don't think we've seen any in the theaters.

Walmart is doing this. They’re converting a bunch of their lots into pop up drive ins. And I believe it’s free.
There's a couple of dates near us that they are doing that for...funny..ironic IDK but all the KS locations are showing Wizard of Oz..I mean yes us Kansans love Wizard of Oz but....still maybe just a wee bit of variation, eh?

We check the MO locations and they are not showing Wizard of Oz.

Disney isn’t smart enough to put 4 in the same package. They’d probably mail 4 individual packages to the same house. Easier for them to just do one per household.
Well, I'd give you that, although my wife's AP is on a separate account, so they have to sort by address anyway - so they're doing half the work as it is. They could also save on shipping costs altogether and just include it with the Mickey Monitor mailing that I assume will go out at some point.

Potential news: Stacy (and her Must-Do’s) are MIA on the Resort TVs. She was on when we checked in on Monday, but today the channel is all promos for Disney shows, movies, music, etc. 😭 Don’t know if this is permanent or official, but had to share. She is an integral part of our vacation! (But we knew this day would have to come at some point.)

There's a couple of dates near us that they are doing that for...funny..ironic IDK but all the KS locations are showing Wizard of Oz..I mean yes us Kansans love Wizard of Oz but....still maybe just a wee bit of variation, eh?

We check the MO locations and they are not showing Wizard of Oz.
There is not a location near us, but Wizard of Oz is at other Colorado locations.

Potential news: Stacy (and her Must-Do’s) are MIA on the Resort TVs. She was on when we checked in on Monday, but today the channel is all promos for Disney shows, movies, music, etc. 😭 Don’t know if this is permanent or official, but had to share. She is an integral part of our vacation! (But we knew this day would have to come at some point.)

Thankfully she’s on YouTube. I’ll hook up to the TV and stream through it if I need to!!

@rteetz I’m gonna need you to get to the bottom of this one.

@MommaBerd you should march straight to the lobby and demand answers as well. Biggest on site perk taken away without goodbye merch or announcement?!

Seriously for some reason I love watching that when we ever stay on site.

Last edited:
Plus it being $30 on top of already having to have the subscription to Disney+

We still may get it as I want to see the movie and no idea when movie theaters will be open in my area ... But even if it was like $20 for subscribers and $30 for non subscribers that would *feel" better

I don't know why Disney is complicating this for people used to the existing model:

I have Prime (which gives me "free" access to their Prime Video library. As long as I pay my Prime fee every year I continue to have access to the videos for streaming.

Separate from that I purchase a movie from Amazon and add it to my streaming library.

If I stop being a Prime member, I will still have access to the content I purchased.

This is the model people are expecting from Mulan on D+ If it's just early access and you lose access to it if you stop paying the $7/month that's a huge problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter