• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

You must be very lucky. Many days I have quite literally refreshed for 1-3 hours almost non-stop at HS whilst enjoying other things before seeing a SDD come up- if one came up at all. Only exception is if Disney decides to do a same day drop while I’m there. And this is for one or two people. 7DMT I haven’t refreshed constantly for hours, but we use around 10 fp; almost never does a single fp for that turn up.

I have seen SDD once day of. 7DMT I’m not sure if I have at all. Every other attraction I’ve seen or be able to grab without much difficulty.

I kind of want to see the inside of the Space restaurant, but, I am super happy with all my ADRs and add on up charge events, so, I am going to miss it. Can't do it all.
Same as ROTR, will skip that too. REALLY hoping to ride MMRR but, if it is get up early and get a BG for some unspecified time later, then I will have to miss that too. I am not going to be going back, so, anything I miss now, is missed.
I am just lucky that I have been able to visit the times I have done.

You must be very lucky. Many days I have quite literally refreshed for 1-3 hours almost non-stop at HS whilst enjoying other things before seeing a SDD come up- if one came up at all. Only exception is if Disney decides to do a same day drop while I’m there. And this is for one or two people. 7DMT I haven’t refreshed constantly for hours, but we use around 10 fp; almost never does a single fp for that turn up.

A bit lucky to find them this quickly together, and normally I wouldn't settle far out for SDD if I were in the parks, but they can all be found and I don't find that it generally takes hours day of.

Screenshot_20200123-152240_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20200123-152450_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20200123-152739_Samsung Internet.jpg

A bit lucky to find them this quickly together, and normally I wouldn't settle far out for SDD if I were in the parks, but they can all be found and I don't find that it generally takes hours day of.

View attachment 467502View attachment 467503View attachment 467504

You must have the lucky touch, since I just did that same search a few times (party of 2) and got nothing but junk. AK, only ITTBAB, RoL and a character greet. MK, lots of stuff like IASW and Philharmagic, no mountains. DHS, there was AS2, ToT, RnRC and lots of shows, so better than the other parks but still no SDD or TSMM. And that’s how it almost always is. Maybe one in ten trips do I get tier one rides day-of. I really wish we had your luck.

NEWS

Refurb on Small World queue to start Jan 27th and last into the spring. Ride will stay open, guests will use temporary queue

https://blogmickey.com/2020/01/its-...urbishment-begins-january-27-at-magic-kingdom
I'm trying to remember if I missed a conversation but what will they likely be doing in the queue here? I'm thinking just because of the length of time. Is it just paint retouching, lights being fixed, that kind of thing or something more? Apologies if that was already discussed and I missed it.

You can refresh for FP's, even top tier FP's, and not be glued to your phone. On average we only look for 2-3 minutes for our next FP once we've tapped into the current one. After doing EEMH to ride Smuggler's Run twice in September we didn't even bother going on the ride in October because there weren't FP's and we weren't interested in waiting 45-60 minutes to ride it. With FP I hope to ride multiple times each day we're at HS.

I would agree that this works for some people under certain circumstances. For example, when it is just my daughter and I we have no trouble finding multiple FPs throughout the day. When we went with another family and there were 7 of us...not so much.

I'm trying to remember if I missed a conversation but what will they likely be doing in the queue here? I'm thinking just because of the length of time. Is it just paint retouching, lights being fixed, that kind of thing or something more? Apologies if that was already discussed and I missed it.

I don't think it was discussed or known. Nights just be repainting and stuff, not sure. No end date was provided so could be more substantial (redoing the entire facade or something)

I'm a little bit late to the party, but I just realized that one of the Pixar Spark Shorts on Disney+ was nominated for the Oscar short animated film category: Kitbull.

Word of warning: only watch it if you're ready to have your heart wrecked.
I haven't watched it since it was first released but it has def. stuck with me ever since

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter