News Round Up 2020

We walked right on SR one evening last week. (No one in the cue until just before the first show room)
Honestly this might be part of why they did it. FP spreads out the crowds throughout the day. Waits get shorter at peak times and longer in the slower times because everyone has an appointment.

Like the one TS place on WDW's property I'm super excited for. It won't ruin my trip if I can't get an ADR for it but I sure really want to try it out. Hoping the reviews once it opens are positive though. The concept is something both my husband and I really like which is space-related.
I'm hoping for good reviews. Would love to go on our next trip. I know it's IP related. But, wouldn't it be cool to have Wally floating outside the window at some point?

Shanghai Disneyland will be closed starting 1/25 due to fears over coronavirus.

Imagine that's a big hit to be closed for Lunar New Year.
Sounds like many areas in China and that part of the world are closing up to try to contain this deadly virus. Large gatherings like New Year celebrations would be a hot bed of spreading it. It's sad and I feel bad for them, but I think it's necessary.

Sounds like many areas in China and that part of the world are closing up to try to contain this deadly virus. Large gatherings like New Year celebrations would be a hot bed of spreading it. It's sad and I feel bad for them, but I think it's necessary.

I agree it's necessary. My company has offices in Wuhan, and those employees have been told to work from home for at least the next 2 weeks.

Honestly this might be part of why they did it. FP spreads out the crowds throughout the day. Waits get shorter at peak times and longer in the slower times because everyone has an appointment.

That might be part of it - and right now, with the hoards coming right at park openign to try and secure a Boarding Group for RotR you are seeing crazy long lines right at opening for both MFSR and SDD - if at least some of that crowd had a FP for MFSR it would take them out of that crown

They also closed all 70,000 movie theaters in the country. Best to contain it while they can.

They also closed all 70,000 movie theaters in the country. Best to contain it while they can.
Disney has to be hoping this gets contained soon. Because if it doesn’t they are looking at restricted travel around the world and probably all public entertainment venues shut down across Southeast Asia.

News

Ewan McGregor confirms Obi Wan delays. Says it won’t start filming until January now, but the release isn’t delayed and episode number has not been cut down to four.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2020/01...y-wont-change-release-date-says-ewan-mcgregor

Well, he actually just said he hadn't "heard" that the episode number had been cut to 4, but is that really something he would be privy to at this point? Not that they would keep it from him on purpose, but I'm sure there are a lot of things happening behind the scenes that he doesn't exactly know about. He's not the writer/director/producer, he's just an actor. I'm happy to read his thoughts and know that he believes it'll still come out "on time" (whatever that means, since Disney hasn't publicly said when the release date is), I'm just not taking his word and knowledge as totally authoritative. If Kathleen Kennedy or Deborah Chow had been the person interviewed, I'd believe it 100%.

You must have the lucky touch, since I just did that same search a few times (party of 2) and got nothing but junk. AK, only ITTBAB, RoL and a character greet. MK, lots of stuff like IASW and Philharmagic, no mountains. DHS, there was AS2, ToT, RnRC and lots of shows, so better than the other parks but still no SDD or TSMM. And that’s how it almost always is. Maybe one in ten trips do I get tier one rides day-of. I really wish we had your luck.

Part of me really does wonder if they change the algorithm or availability depending on how often you go, if you're an AP, ect.

Well, he actually just said he hadn't "heard" that the episode number had been cut to 4, but is that really something he would be privy to at this point? Not that they would keep it from him on purpose, but I'm sure there are a lot of things happening behind the scenes that he doesn't exactly know about. He's not the writer/director/producer, he's just an actor. I'm happy to read his thoughts and know that he believes it'll still come out "on time" (whatever that means, since Disney hasn't publicly said when the release date is), I'm just not taking his word and knowledge as totally authoritative. If Kathleen Kennedy or Deborah Chow had been the person interviewed, I'd believe it 100%.
I take it more as a comforting statement, over it being a fully correct statement. I also doubt it doesn’t get delayed at this point. I imagine he has a bit more information than the average crew member on the show.

The rumor I heard is that McGregor was ready to bolt from the show when all this stuff about the show being in trouble started. So if he is now out there talking up the show he knows how many episodes there is going to be and approves of the direction the show is going in.

Whatever your opinion on the quality of Star Wars movies/shows lately, Lucasfilm has got some serious problems.

Just think of all the directors who have been replaced for major projects lately. And now this. Without going into it deeper because I am (supposed to be) working, might be time for a vote of no confidence for the leadership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter