Nickelodeon Slime Time Live Info

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
The basics:

To check for scheduling call 1-407-363-8500 a few weeks before your arrival. They will tell you if there's a taping for the days you need. Go to the Nickelodeon area and tickets will be handed out around 1pm at a first come first served basis. It is advisable to arrive at least 2 hours in advance. The taping is at 4pm of that day.

Robin, I called that number & got recording on that line said"if your calling about recording dates & time to call 363-8586 but when you that number it says it is a non-working # and to call 3000. I held called back 8500 and held on the line for 5 minutes and got disconnected. I'll try again.

PM: Do try again. I've called twice, but only during business hours and got them. I just tried at 6pm and got a recording. Let me know what happens.

If you want a good way to get Slime Time Info....please call us at Guest Services at 407-224-6350 and hit 5 to talk to a coordinator. We have an up-to-date binder on Slimetime Live and if we don't have the current info, we'll find it for ya! Just know that I believe (don't quote me on this) but Slimetime will conclude taping around May 23 for the summer.

I just called the number and the CR said no production going on the week of April 22-26. BUMMER

We just returned from Orlando last night and made it onto Slime Time on Wednesday. It was so incredibly frustrating because I got so many different answers to my questions when I called various Universal numbers so I decided to post my experience here.

The banner at the studios says they will tape through May 24th. I would definitely advise calling them for exact taping information though.

Tickets are given out at Nickelodeon Studios only. The line starts to form when the park opens, but doesn't start to get long till 11:30 or 12:00. Kids must be at least 6 years old to get a seat in the audience and 9 to participate in the show. They pulled the first 30 kids out of the line to audition for the show. They were broken up into groups of 9-12 year olds and 12-15 year olds. These are the kids that will participate in games and such. I was in line at 11:20 and they already had more than 30 kids so if you want a chance to audition... line up EARLY.

There were two times for the show 3:30 and 4:30. We were in the first group and then they moved us out and the second group came in. We taped 8 segments and a promo for the Kids Choice Awards... our side did the one with Jess that is airing now.

If they tape outside, younger children can hang out around the barricades and still get shown on tv. Also, if people don't show up for the actual taping they will fill spots in the audience with kids waiting outside. If you really want to be in the audience and don't get tickets hang around when they are doing the tapings.

They will give a ticket to only one parent and however many children in a family. There were people who got in line with one child and then had the other parent get in line with another child... PLEASE don't do this... you are taking a seat away from another child who wants to be there just as much as your child. Only one person from your party has to be in line for most of the time... if you are close to the front and your kids want to audition they have to be in the line at 12:15. Everyone has to be in line at 12:45.

Rest your voice and prepare to scream and yell. They want constant noise for the couple of minutes they are on the air. I think this is why they let the parents in. :) The hosts won't sign autographs or anything, so don't expect that to happen either.

I observed this routine for a couple of days, and this was my experience, so take it for what you want. I am sure I forgot many things in my exhaustion, so if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them if I can.

Beavismom, thanks for posting, that was so helpful! A couple of questions, which phone number did you finally get accurate information on taping days from, and how far in advance? Also, is there any place to sit while waiting in line, besides the pavement? Diana

I believe it was the number that is listed at the top of the thread and I called a couple of times starting about 6 weeks out. For the second question, unfortunately there is nowhere else to sit except the ground. The area is covered though, so you have shade and they have the mister fans going as well.

One more point to add, it is a rumor, but supposedly this is the last season of Slimetime.

Thanks for the info Beavismom, The last 2 times we have gone to USF, we've thought about hanging around for the show, but DD didnt want to spend alot of time hanging around. We'll have to see what happens next trip in October.

Patty

I just called the Studio Audience Center and was told that there will be no tapings from May 4-20. If anyone gets any different information, I would appreciate an e-mail. Diana

we went to universal on monday 4/15 and at 9am and there was a sign stating tickets for slime time will be distibuted at 1 pm, needless to say by 12nooon the line was so long and it was 90 degrees so we were pretty disappointed.

We were there that day too. It was awful. The main purpose of our visit that day was to get the real scoop on what to do for the show and maybe get it out of the way if we could, but as you said, no luck.

Considering the storm that moved in I am glad we didn't make that taping. They started taping outside and had to scramble to get indoors during the taping according to our audience coordinator on Wednesday.

The kids really enjoyed the waterplay area that day though :) .

I was there April 9, 11, and 12th. Once my son was at the parks and THAT close to rides the thought of standing on line was a complete turn off. The line was VERY long and the parents looked quite frustrated. There was NO WAY we were going to deal with it, especially when we had so many other options.

Good luck to those who get through, though!

we went to US last summer (adults only) and took the Nick tour. We saw how they made slime and enjoyed a little game and saw alot of the props for the shows. It was wonderful! So when we went this April we took the children and they are nick nuts! and they couldn;t wait to see these things. We only got to see the small game they do. I guess this is because they are shooting.. I guess going off season does have it's perks... They kids would not waste the day in line to get tickets nor would I, but they would have LOVED the tour... the old Tour. I guess we might have to go in the summer again. :D

As stated above it does take a committment of time to get the tickets. We were in line by noon since my kids are (almost) 6 and 7, so we knew there would be no need to be in the first 30. We waited the hour, got the tickets and scrammed. The park was really empty so we rode ET, MIB and watched the Wild Wild West show. Then we were back at 3pm to stand in the line to get it. It was really important to be there pretty early for the show, as they seated kids in that order. So my kids got to be in the front row right next to th sliminator(sp?!?). It was a lot of fun, but my arms hurt from clapping and we all pretty much lost our voices for the next hour. Be completely prepared to get very very messy. The two adults on either side of m got doused in slime by our audience coach for various reasons. My kids did not get slimed but thought it was soooo cool that I had green slime on my shoes they wouldn't let me wash it off.:D Overall they both said it was worth the time investment. The banner did say that taping wasthrough May 24 and I also heard the rumor that this was the last season of slimetime live from the person who gave me the info about getting the tickets in the morning. However, our audience coach said that it was the #1 promo kids show (promo meaning it aired between other shows.)

The guest star was Little Romeo, who my kids don't really know and he seemed to have a really good time and it showed. He was filming a music video on the NEw York area after the park closed that night and kids age 9 and older in the Slimetime ticket line could also ask for tickets to be in the music video. Two tickets for the price of one line... We weren't old enough and my kids wouldn't have known that was cool, but some of the preteen in line were frantically talking mom into going home a little later than planned.

It WAS a lot of fun, interesting for both myself and the kids to see how tv shows are made and probably worth the time we spent on it as it park was slow and we didn't really miss much by doing it.

This was the last day of our vacation and my kids though it was a really memorable way to end it.

Jennifer

FYI...

Slime Time Live will be returning next season around September 2 through December 20. These dates are tentative, thus please call the Studio Audience Center for more information closer to those dates @ (407) 224-6355 (between 12pm and 6pm).

TTFN!!!

I was wondering if they tape most weekdays during the taping season, or is it usually only a few days a week? Also, what kinds of things do the kids have to do when they audition for the show? Anyone know what they look for when they audition the kids? Thanks.

When we were there in Nov. 2002 they had the kids jump up and down and cheer! They also told them that if they were selected that they may be taping all day so if they didn't have a lot of time they may not want to audition. Then they gave each child a # and if your # was picked you were a contestant. This was like a raffle. They never really auditioned one on one. The contestents had to be from 10-17 yrs old and to sit in the audiance you had to be at least 8. Any child who was not choosen to be a contestant could watch the show in the audiance with 1 parent and you may get messy (very messy!). My daughter was lucky enough to have her # drawn and she was a contestant. Her team lost the first game but she still had a great time and we were able to leave after the first taping.:)

I went with my son 10/01. The sign said they were going to hand out tickets so we went. We stood in a very long ling in the sun. Kids were pulled out and grouped by ages to audition. My son did not want to audition. We did get tickets to the show. The show was outside where there is more seating than indoors (they tape indoors when bad weather). If your child gets a ticket, the parent gets a ticket. It was an experience. (Also note that I had no clue what slimetime was). They tell you you have to clap and scream whenever they tell you to, which is quite often. You can't hear what the people are saying. We did call home and tell them to tape it the show. While we were there we were told two of the nsync kids were going to be there the day after. My son wanted to see them so we decided to come back then. Since they let you stand around when filming outside we decided not to stand in the line to get tickets and we would just stand outside and get to see them. Wrong!! It was bad weather that day and they filmed indoors, limited tickets. My son was so disappointed. They told us if we came back when the ticket holders were to show up and there was room they would let us in. We came back but it was full to capacity because of nsync. We hung around a little longer with a few other people who also wanted to get in. One of the producers? came out to find out another contestant (someone did not show). She went up to the first kid (which was a girl) and asked her if she wanted to be a contestant and she said yes. The producer than asked her to yell and scream right there on the spot. The girl could not do it (she was shy). The producer then looked at my son and asked him and my son started to yell, scream and jump on the spot. He got in. To make a long story short, my son's team lost. The winning team got some small prize. They don't even let them keep the shirts they were on the show.

I was very amazed that the people on the show were not very friendly to the kids (except for dave). The "tv stars" sit inside of tents and only come out when they are filming. They really did not seem that kid oriented. Joey of nsync seemed nice but Lance did not want anything to do with the audience. Needless to say my son stopped watching slime time after this.

When we got home we watched the video. It was fun to see the two of us on tv but even more, when my son went back to school, a few kids who saw them on slimetime called him a tv star. We still pull out the tape and watch it from time to time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter