Nikon D80

The D80- a little newer with a few more bells and whistles. Two command dials, larger rear LCD, illuminated top LCD, DOF preview, higher ISO, more pixels. I had both- going from memory.

I have both. I replaced my D50 with a D80 2 years ago and gave the D50 to my college age DD. I personally like them both, they are very similar. Off the top of my head the only differences I can think of now are the D80 is 10mp, the D50 is 6mp, the D80 has a depth of field preview button. I have found I can crop down photos quite a bit more having the 10mp's, I do like that. The D50 is in France w/DD studying now, so I can't look at them side by side. They have both served us very well so it would be a tough choice. I would probably stick with the D80 due to the megapixels and my love of cropping but the D50 is a great camera.

The D80- a little newer with a few more bells and whistles. Two command dials, larger rear LCD, illuminated top LCD, DOF preview, higher ISO, more pixels. I had both- going from memory.

Thats right! The illuminated LCD is great! It used to drive me crazy trying to change settings on the D50 in the dark.

I have the D50 and LOVE it. Though I have upgraded to the D300. I have over 16,000 shutter clicks on my D50. GREAT camera. If price is the same or similar, I would go with the D80 for everything everyone else has said already. It has the extra features that come in handy over the D50.

Thanks everyone :) I have both, just had the D50 repaired (it's been broken for 3 years) trying to decide which one to give to DD15 for Christmas (shhhh it's a surprise ;))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter