No Bread

DVC92

DIS Veteran
What's with many table service restaurants doing away with the bread service. Skipper's, Cinderella's Royal Table, and now Space 220 are three I know of, and I'm sure there are probably others. The meals are expensive enough that they can afford to give us some bread.

Last edited:
I personally don't miss bread service. I'm not a fan of bread before a meal anyway because I want to avoid filling up on the bread instead of the meal, but I understand your sentiment. I can't imagine the bread costs that much.

I think you have part of the answer right there - if you fill up on bread you will be less likely to purchase sides/add on's. The price of bread is negligible. I imagine they also want to expediate the meal service as much as possible.

I think you have part of the answer right there - if you fill up on bread you will be less likely to purchase sides/add on's. The price of bread is negligible. I imagine they also want to expediate the meal service as much as possible.

I don't think Cinderella's Royal Table has any sides or add-ons to tack on even if you wanted to! We sat down for a meal there recently, my first since I was a kid, and we were starved. I asked if they had any bread to go along with our soups and the server said, "No. Sorry. We used to though."

I was like... what type of cost-cutting crap is this? 😂 I know not every restaurant has bread but it just seemed like the type of meal that would and was honestly one of the few times Disney cheapening out was so apparent to me as a guest.

I wonder if they'd gotten a lot of pushback, ala "what type of cost-cutting crap is this? "

We went to USF shortly before the lockdown. My research had said that several places had bread service, you just had to ask for it. But, no, we never had to ask. At the time I said to myself that people complained.

Count me in the group that doesn't even want it brought to the table. #nobreadman

We ate at Yachtsman’s Steakhouse; Be Our Guest; Brown Derby; California Grill; Le Cellier; Via Napoli & Chefs of France. All had bread service, but several of the servers offered & asked if they could bring it first. I think that’s a good method. Because like you, not everyone wants it. Sadly, we love breads & eat way too much of it.

Ale & Compass has a paid bread service, Parker rolls with bacon jam, flavored butter & cheese. The only table service places we ate at that didn’t offer bread service were Sci Fi Dine In & Beaches & Cream. But I don’t expect it at those type of places anyway.

And yea, we ate way too much food last week! :rotfl2:

We ate at Yachtsman’s Steakhouse; Be Our Guest; Brown Derby; California Grill; Le Cellier; Via Napoli & Chefs of France. All had bread service, but several of the servers offered & asked if they could bring it first. I think that’s a good method. Because like you, not everyone wants it. Sadly, we love breads & eat way too much of it.

Ale & Compass has a paid bread service, Parker rolls with bacon jam, flavored butter & cheese. The only table service places we ate at that didn’t offer bread service were Sci Fi Dine In & Beaches & Cream. But I don’t expect it at those type of places anyway.

And yea, we ate way too much food last week! :rotfl2:
We always eat way too much food. Really though, the closest thing I ever have on the trip to bread is the Pretzel and beer cheese at Baseline. Just a couple bites, but oh that beer cheese!

We always eat way too much food. Really though, the closest thing I ever have on the trip to bread is the Pretzel and beer cheese at Baseline. Just a couple bites, but oh that beer cheese!

Love bread but every time DW and I visit Disney, we try to eat small healthy meals in the parks and sometimes bring our own sandwiches but also get a side from QS. Then we plan at least two expensive meals at dinner during the week as a treat. I make sure we have bread at the table.

I personally don't miss bread service. I'm not a fan of bread before a meal anyway because I want to avoid filling up on the bread instead of the meal, but I understand your sentiment. I can't imagine the bread costs that much.
I feel for the bread-lovers as I know it is something a lot of people enjoy but I'm not really a fan of bread. Ironically, the place I immediately think of that has bread I do love is Fogo, the ultimate don't-fill-up-on-bread restaurant, IMHO. The cheese bread they bring to the table is absolutely addictive.

Perhaps they found that the bread was a net loss for them....more discarded than eaten. We don't eat bread any more and don't miss it. However, if it's important to someone, they should ask about it. There might just be a nice, warm loaf in the back somewhere.

I still remember the large sweet bread with Macadamia nut butter at Kona. Rolls and butter are still served, but not the good old stuff.

I love bread.

I remember when I used to try very hard to not eat it at times in every day life. But when I’m on vacation and walking 9 miles a day and eating donuts the size of my head or a $15 cocktail at the pool at 2pm…. I’ll enjoy that pre-dinner roll WITH butter thank you! (Haven’t been to yachtsman steakhouse in many years but 19 years ago on our honeymoon they had this warm garlic they would bring out to spread on your bread…. We still talk about it.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter