No More Villains!

Currently ready to board the Dream, looking at the Personal Navigator, Newsies (the movie) has replaced Villains Tonight! I asked a CM, and she said it's a permanent change since they're currently switching over the stage to BATB in November. Wow, I wasn't a fan, but my kids are bummed. Wish we could see the new BATB!
Have a great trip. In 3 weeks, we will be waiting to board the dream as well. Cant wait.

We'll be on the Dream in January and are very excited for the new show but I would be incredibly disappointed if this was the substitution before the new show begins. I just assumed they would keep "Villains Tonight" until it was switched out.

The reason they had to close Villains before putting BATB in is because they have to put entirely new sets in. In all the other cases when a change of show has been made there has been a dry dock to provide time to do it. The show sets are not something that can just be popped out and new ones in in one night.

Anyone know if Disney has a clause in the terms and conditions about live shows/entertainment? Seems like since they are omitting a night of a live stage show with basically three days notice (or in the case of the OP, no advanced notice) compensation in the form of an onboard credit seems fair.

Anyone know if Disney has a clause in the terms and conditions about live shows/entertainment? Seems like since they are omitting a night of a live stage show with basically three days notice (or in the case of the OP, no advanced notice) compensation in the form of an onboard credit seems fair.
All things are "subject to change" on a cruise. Even whether you actually depart from the embarkation port.

think about it for a minute, new show means new stage props, which means it will take time to change over, which means they can't do it during the day, which means it will take time to make the change over, which means why they are replacing the stage show with a movie. Why am I so not concerned, I'm sailing Dec 4th which means the new stage show will be showing :yay:

Right, also, I would think they could really only work on it when the Dream's in Canaveral. Otherwise, they'd have to have a place to store the things they've removed and space is always at a premium on the ship...

think about it for a minute, new show means new stage props, which means it will take time to change over, which means they can't do it during the day, which means it will take time to make the change over, which means why they are replacing the stage show with a movie. Why am I so not concerned, I'm sailing Dec 4th which means the new stage show will be showing :yay:

Is it the 1992 movie or the filmed theatrical production that they released this year? If it's the one from this year- it's a fantastic show, even if it isn't live in front of you.

It says Broadway Smash Hit Musical, so I'm guessing the new one currently on Broadway?

We'll be on the Dream in January and are very excited for the new show but I would be incredibly disappointed if this was the substitution before the new show begins. I just assumed they would keep "Villains Tonight" until it was switched out.

Me,.too!

The movie night would be a great night to hit the pool or aquaduck.

That's the plan!

I actually couldn't stand Villains (so I'm secretly okay with it. ..shhhh) but would have loved a chance to see BATB stage show!

Don't understand why they wouldn't run a more recent first-run movie? Although, I frankly would rather watch Newsies than be tortured watching Into The Woods again *shudder* That would have been a GREAT time to visit the pool/aquaduck!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter