• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No More Villains!

So, it's official, we are ready to board the 4nt, no Villains. Golden Mickeys, Newsies, Taylor Mason (ventriloquist), and Disney's Believe is showing. Moana is only showing one day at 8:30am. That's odd to me. BATB is showing in 3D thank goodness in the evening.

Thanks for the update. Enjoy your cruise!

Yes, Villains played its last performance on Monday, August 7, 2017.

So just a side note.. I was with my best friend last night as she was doing paperwork for her fifth graders back to school stuff, and one of the movies she had to sign off on for him to see in class was Newsies.

We are doing a Halloween cruise also. BOOO to Newsies! Hopefully on the Halloween cruises they replace that with Nightmare Before Christmas...that would be 100000x better than Newsies. Lame!!!
On our Halloween cruise, they did a midnight 3D showing of Nightmare Before Christmas--most awesome 3D movie I've ever seen and even though it was at midnight, well worth staying up for (even though I might have had a snooze for a few minutes in the movie...oops)! It was a "sing a long" and really fun since most of the audience actually did "sing a long"! I won't ruin the surprise that happens at the end (in case people haven't seen it)

On our Halloween cruise, they did a midnight 3D showing of Nightmare Before Christmas--most awesome 3D movie I've ever seen and even though it was at midnight, well worth staying up for (even though I might have had a snooze for a few minutes in the movie...oops)! It was a "sing a long" and really fun since most of the audience actually did "sing a long"! I won't ruin the surprise that happens at the end (in case people haven't seen it)

Yes, I saw this in the Navigators, but we cannot stay up that late, especially since we plan on going to Atlantis the next morning.

I am heartbroken about this. I had hoped to see Villains Tonight on my cruise in 3 weeks (especially as my last cruise was 2 years ago). I didn't think it would be removed so soon :(

"so soon"? The show has been running since 2010 (on the Magic. Been on the Dream since the beginning). Generally a show only has to run about 4-5 years to recoup the cost of mounting it.

Soon as in BatB doesn't start until Nov (I know how long Villains had been running)

They need the time to remove old sets, put in new sets and rehearse (two casts).

And I understand that. I just didn't think it would take 2 months to do so. I probably would have tried to sail again earlier if I had known

So is Beauty and the Beast replacing Villians. Past Navigators have Villians on the first night. So does that mean BATB will be on the first night. I hope so.

So is Beauty and the Beast replacing Villians. Past Navigators have Villians on the first night. So does that mean BATB will be on the first night. I hope so.

I thought Golden Mickeys was usually the first night...?

I was just looking at some Navigators from Nov 2016, a year from when we were sailing. Villains was on the first night. Maybe it's changed

just talked to DCL on another matter and she said it was replacing Villains which is usually the 2nd night, but no guarantee on which night it will play.

When I sailed Sept 25th, it was: Golden Mickeys, B&B replacement, pirate night, Believe

It is.

On our 4 night Dream cruise it was
Night 1 - Golden Mickeys
Night 2 - Villains
Night 3 - Pirates
Night 4 - Believe

At least it was supposed to be that way - they switched nights 2 & 3 on our cruise due to weather.
Usually but not always. There were many sailings last year that had villains on the first night.

I would much rather have them just do believe or golden mickeys again than show some stupid movie as newsies...just saying:(
Unfortunately that would require the props for said show, which would mean there wouldn' be enough room to bring in the props and scenery for Beauty and the Beast, as there is a finite amount of space available. So a movies makes sense and Newsies is incredible.

Is it the 1992 movie or the filmed theatrical production that they released this year? If it's the one from this year- it's a fantastic show, even if it isn't live in front of you.
I totally agree! We have paid $20 each 3 times to see Newsies in the theaters. It is so very good!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter