No More Villains!

We went into Into The Woods expecting it to be fantastic and were miserable. It was such a bad movie. We still laugh about how horrid it was.

I tried to watch that movie twice and I couldn't ... I thought it was just me.

LOL--I was so excited when i saw it that it was playing and then ACK! Just terrible!! I can't believe we sat through it! My kids slept through it, which was the smart thing to do. Bu we came out shaking our heads wondering what possessed Disney to produce somethings so...well, you can fill in the blank! :crazy2: And then it was nominated for an Oscar (can't remember what category), which still makes me snicker! So glad that thing did not come automatically in our Disney movie club or it would've been returned, ASAP :sad2:

What is the nightly entertainment each night on the four night Dream cruise?
Usually, on DCL ships, there are 3 productions shows. At this time, on the Dream, there are only 2 - Golden Mickey's and Believe. In November Beauty and the Beast will be added.

Currently, on a 4 night cruise the shows would be Golden Mickeys, Believe, and (apparently) the movie Newsies. The 4th night (actually night 3) would be Pirate night, and there's typically a movie or individual entertainer in the Walt Disney Theater that night, as the entertainment CMs are busy with Pirate night shows on deck.

Usually, on DCL ships, there are 3 productions shows. At this time, on the Dream, there are only 2 - Golden Mickey's and Believe. In November Beauty and the Beast will be added.

Currently, on a 4 night cruise the shows would be Golden Mickeys, Believe, and (apparently) the movie Newsies. The 4th night (actually night 3) would be Pirate night, and there's typically a movie or individual entertainer in the Walt Disney Theater that night, as the entertainment CMs are busy with Pirate night shows on deck.

Perfect! Thank you, PrincessShmoo!

We were on the Magic while they were changing over to Tangled (we sailed a few weeks before it premiered) and we were shown a placeholder show "Walt Disney The Dream Goes On” which was a sort of a mini-bio of Walt Disney with live musical interludes from early favorites like Pinocchio and Mary Poppins. It was a good show with minimal sets and costumes. I'm surprised they didn't do something like that on the Dream. Maybe the cast of the Dream isn't able to perform it?

Hey Shmoo, any idea what they do when there is a PremEar? On a 4 night on the Dream, the PremEar would have to be on the 4th night (Thursday) , so would they get rid of one of the shows (hopefully not BATB!!). Then the first night of the 3 night would have to be the PremEar, so presumably they would get rid of...Golden Mickey's? Right now we are booked back to back on the Dream on 12/11 & 12/15, and we did it specifically for Star Wars.

Hey Shmoo, any idea what they do when there is a PremEar? On a 4 night on the Dream, the PremEar would have to be on the 4th night (Thursday) , so would they get rid of one of the shows (hopefully not BATB!!). Then the first night of the 3 night would have to be the PremEar, so presumably they would get rid of...Golden Mickey's? Right now we are booked back to back on the Dream on 12/11 & 12/15, and we did it specifically for Star Wars.

Premiers are usually shown at midnight (well 12.01). Sometimes it's different, but it normally won't be shown instead of a show, it will be in addition of, or on a no show day.
Sometimes they're shown in the day in the WDT, epseicially on sea days, but again, not the same time as one of the stage shows.

We were on the Magic while they were changing over to Tangled (we sailed a few weeks before it premiered) and we were shown a placeholder show "Walt Disney The Dream Goes On” which was a sort of a mini-bio of Walt Disney with live musical interludes from early favorites like Pinocchio and Mary Poppins. It was a good show with minimal sets and costumes. I'm surprised they didn't do something like that on the Dream. Maybe the cast of the Dream isn't able to perform it?

The ships that often sail for 7 nights (or more) may have additional shows that the stage and cast are prepared for. For example, on our 7-night European cruises on the Magic, The Dream Goes On (and another show on the first night that showed excerpts from the main shows) played in addition to the 3 "main" shows that play on even the shorter Magic cruises.

Because the Dream does mainly 3- and 4- night cruises, the sets, costumes, and cast are not set up to perform additional shows. Even a show with minimal sets and costumes would require some backstage preparation and a lot of performer training.

What is the nightly entertainment each night on the four night Dream cruise?

I have to say we were disappointed in the movie selections on this 3nt as well, no Moana, Made in China or BATB (movie). Very surprised. We're about to get on the 4nt so I'll update.

So, it's official, we are ready to board the 4nt, no Villains. Golden Mickeys, Newsies, Taylor Mason (ventriloquist), and Disney's Believe is showing. Moana is only showing one day at 8:30am. That's odd to me. BATB is showing in 3D thank goodness in the evening.

This is heartbreaking.

For one, I literally will be two weeks from missing the Beauty and The Beast.
And second, I am doing a Halloween Cruise. of course I want to see Villians.

This is heartbreaking.

For one, I literally will be two weeks from missing the Beauty and The Beast.
And second, I am doing a Halloween Cruise. of course I want to see Villians.

We are doing a Halloween cruise also. BOOO to Newsies! Hopefully on the Halloween cruises they replace that with Nightmare Before Christmas...that would be 100000x better than Newsies. Lame!!!

Possibly??? The actors are rehearsaing for the new show and can only work so many hours a week??
Nope, the opening cast is still in Toronto for rehearsals for a few more days.
Then there is two weeks of crossover cast (two weeks where both casts are on the ship, first week its the old cast doing most stuff when the new cast is observing and settling, second week its the new cast starting to do things while the old cast is still around and still does certain things)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter