• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**November 2019 check in ***

Has anyone called recently to ask when reservations for WOC will open for the rest of November? I don't want to spend time on hold if someone readily has the answer. If not, I'll call and report back!

What I have read so far the thanksgiving info is usually relayed 60 days out. I guess that might be mainly about those hotel offerings and DTD... especially this year when they are so slow releasing dinner packages and park hours. But I have no idea if the park menus change a lot each year. I guess you didn’t find menus from different years otherwise you wouldn’t be asking...
sorry I couldn’t really help you...
but this thanksgiving holiday is driving me nuts...:rotfl:

I initially found the menus for 2018, but recently I found 2015, too. There are slight variations, which isn't so bad for the adults in our group. The hard part is my kids. They are very picky eaters and we have food allergies to deal with. We'd like to do a buffet so that there's something for everyone, but the cost of the DLH one is way above our budget.

In years past, Plaza Inn & French Quarter (both quick service) along with Carnation Cafe and River Belle Terrace have offered more traditional Thanksgiving meals. Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans also have seasonal offerings for the holiday. Over at DCA I believe Flo's does a more classic Thanksgiving dinner ...Carthay puts their own twist on it. Of course menus are always subject to change. Hope this helps a little - hard to know for sure until Disney releases those menus!! :)

Thank you. I just really wish they'd release the stinkin' menus already. It seems like cruel and unusual punishment to wait until 60 days out to release details when many of us want to make our reservations as soon as they go live. 2015's blog on Thanksgiving offerings didn't come out until a few days after reservations opened for Thanksgiving day. I'm hoping they don't pull that again. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that either of the options we're looking at doesn't change much from past years.

I initially found the menus for 2018, but recently I found 2015, too. There are slight variations, which isn't so bad for the adults in our group. The hard part is my kids. They are very picky eaters and we have food allergies to deal with. We'd like to do a buffet so that there's something for everyone, but the cost of the DLH one is way above our budget.

Thank you. I just really wish they'd release the stinkin' menus already. It seems like cruel and unusual punishment to wait until 60 days out to release details when many of us want to make our reservations as soon as they go live. 2015's blog on Thanksgiving offerings didn't come out until a few days after reservations opened for Thanksgiving day. I'm hoping they don't pull that again. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that either of the options we're looking at doesn't change much from past years.
If the menus are late you can make several reservations and cancel as needed.

Has anyone called recently to ask when reservations for WOC will open for the rest of November? I don't want to spend time on hold if someone readily has the answer. If not, I'll call and report back!

UPDATE: I called Disney Dining and they don’t know when WOC Dessert Parties will be made available for the rest of November. They said it’s due to a delay in the entertainment schedule for the holiday edition of WOC. The cast member recommended checking back daily.

UPDATE: I called Disney Dining and they don’t know when WOC Dessert Parties will be made available for the rest of November. They said it’s due to a delay in the entertainment schedule for the holiday edition of WOC. The cast member recommended checking back daily.
That’s what we were told and happened for us for the end of Oct. Keep looking, with Oct sometimes the release was daily and on other occasions a few days at a time.

Any idea how long? It’s my daughter’s favorite ride. Luckily we rode it a lot over the last 4 days (we are now home).
No clue, I just saw it on the calendar for Nov. which is being released day by day so we just have to wait and see.

UGH I hope they continue it--I'm really looking forward to bringing my 4.5 year old DD when we visit November 12-13.

There aren't times on the calendar yet, but they do they do show availability for the Frozen Dining Package on November 3 (although no further than that). So I'm confident it's just that they haven't fully populated the calendar yet.

That’s what we were told and happened for us for the end of Oct. Keep looking, with Oct sometimes the release was daily and on other occasions a few days at a time.
Yep, I know. I guess I was hoping they'd have all this ... nonsense resolved! Wishful thinking.

So the schedule for the first week of November has Fantasmic showing every night - I thought it was only on weekends. Is this for real??

I have been looking for dinner packages for world of color and fantasmic for the 20th and 21st of November....still no luck BUT I can get a fantasmic dinner package for the 22nd! Does that mean it will not be offered on the 20th or 21st? Help please, never been to disneyland before

Park hours for Nov 8th are up and they have the Christmas Fantasy parade (3:30 & 6) and Autopia is the only thing showing as under refurbishment! Wonder if Indy will be open on the weekends or if the refurb is really that short (hey, I can dream ;)).

DCA has the Festival of Holidays https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disney-california-adventure/festival-of-holidays/
and Viva Navidad! https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disney-california-adventure/viva-navidad/

So excited to see the Three Caballeros! I've seen Donald dressed up in his Three Caballeros costume at WDW but have never seen Panchito or Jose Carioca. Really hope they are available for photos.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter