Occupancy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImagineEar

I believe in the Tag Fairy...
I know they have the daybed , which would be for my third small child. My question is pointed more to am I "allowed" to have 3 kids in a studio?
Will they stop me at check in if this is my plan?

The only studios with a daybed are the handful of dedicated studios at BWV. All other studios at the resorts have a Queen bed and a full size sofa sleeper. All OKW studios have 2 queen beds.

These daybed studios are NOT guaranteed, thay are handled like any other request, you may or may not get one.
Wil they stop you at check-in? I doubt it seriously, but what will you do if you get a studio without a daybed? DVC resorts do not offer cots/rollaways or additional bedding.

I did not mean to imply that I was tring to do something sneaky, It is just that I read that sleeps 4 and a child 3 in a portable crib - but my youngest no longer sleeps in a crib.

A studio was all that was available for my dates - I did not realize that the day beds were not standard in every room...now I am worried....

Your best bet would be to get a studio at OKW. It has a bigger studio than all of the other DVC. Good luck!:hyper:

If one of the children is under the age of 3, yes. Theyprovide a pack 'n play crib.

A DVC studio holds 4 people and a child under age 3 in a pak and play. They do not provide extra bedding for any extra people.

IMHO the "daybed" (which is in a few select BWV studios) is not suitable for sleeping anyone. It holds my suitcase and that is about it.

We also had the "studio plus" on our last trip and I definitely would not call that a day bed. It was more like a wooden bench with a cushion on it (maybe 2 in. thick). I had heard a lot about it and was surprised when I saw it because I wouldn't have my child sleep on it...it just didn't seem comfortable at all. We stayed at the BC (not villas) many years ago and that room had more what I would call a day bed.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you have 3 kids with 1 under 3, but your under 3 one doesn't sleep in a crib. I understand your dilemna, because my DD didn't sleep in a crib after she was about 1 1/2. Quite honestly, the studio is going to be very crowded with that many people and your only other option would be to bring an airmattress although I'm not sure where it could be put if the sofabed is out. I agree that OKW might be the best option because there is more room in the studios where you could make a pallet or put an airmattress for your under 3 child.

Hope this helps!

The max in a studio is 4 people and you can have one child under 3 who does not count, so 4 plus one little one.

If your 3 YO is unable to sleep in a Pac N Play, I would bring along an air mat for them. I have to agree that OKW might be a bit more comfortable because of the two queen beds. The studios in other resorts have a full size pull out plus a queen, so the queen would be more comfortable for two children to share. Also, the larger bathroom at OKW is a plus with 5 people to share it.

You can go to readybed.com, JCPenney, Target, sometimes Mervyn's or ToysRUs, and get this really cool sleeping bag that is "child size" with an air mattress built in. I would say it really wouldn't accomodate a child over 6, but for a little one, it would be fine. I think they are wonderful because your child cannot roll off of the air mattress, and they don't take up a lot of room.

I'm not allocating breaking any rules here, but if your child is under three, they are totally allowed. Someone told me that if you register your party as "5 in a studio", then BWV tries to get you a "studio plus" if there are any available. If you had a child with with the "ready bed", they could sleep in the sleeping bag, on the air mattress, ON the "daybed", and then they would not be in anyone's way, would not roll off, and would be very comfortable!!!

:wave:

Beca

Here's Melody's terrific photo of the "daybed".

Daybed aka Luggage Rack

As already mentioned, they are only in some of the BWV studios and they are no longer guaranteed but are treated as a "request".

You will be fine with you and the wife and your 3 kids in the studio. We take a fols away cot with us or a nice roll up airmatress if my mom comes then either myself or my wife sleep on the cot or airmatress. Unless we get a 1 bdrm.

Wow..I didn't realise that was a day bed, I thought it was a bench LOL :)

Am I right in thinking that not <b>all</b> rooms have this?

Originally posted by KayleeUK
Wow..I didn't realise that was a day bed, I thought it was a bench LOL :)

Am I right in thinking that not <b>all</b> rooms have this?

You are right. Only some have it.

BTW, I love the spelling of your name "Kaylee". That is our oldest daughter's name, who turned 17 yesterday. I never see it spelled that way anwhere.

HBC

I don't believe anyone at the check-in desk will care if you have 3 children with you. When we bring our grandchildren, they don't like sleeping in a separate room from us, so we generally get a studio for 2 adults and 3 children. Since the children are small, they have plenty of room in the pull-out sofa bed.

Are there any one-br villas in any of the DVC resorts that would accomodate a family of 6 (mom, dad, 4 kids - all under 8) -- i.e. 2 queens in the br and a pullout couch in the lr (like the size of the "junior suites" at WL and BW)? Or for our family size will we always require a 2br?

Originally posted by ellenmiele
Are there any one-br villas in any of the DVC resorts that would accomodate a family of 6 (mom, dad, 4 kids - all under 8) -- i.e. 2 queens in the br and a pullout couch in the lr (like the size of the "junior suites" at WL and BW)? Or for our family size will we always require a 2br?

All master bedrooms have a king-sized bed. I don't think that you would be very comfortable in a 1 BR, even if you were to bring sleeping bags and/or an aero bed. There is only one bathroom.

Once you've tried a 2BR you will wonder why you ever even considered anything smaller. ;) It's well worth the points!!

Room occupancy in DVC resorts is:

Studio and One bedroom - 4 guests plus one under the age of 3.
Two bedroom - 8 guests plus one under the age of 3.
Grand Villa - 12 guests plus one under the age of 3.

You'll need a two bedroom with 6.

For accomodations at a DVC resort, yes, you would need a 2 bedroom unit for 6 people. If however, you are not a DVC member, but are asking in regards to renting points...
you may be happier with paying cash through CRO for a cabin at Fort Wilderness Campground...I think they sleep 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter