• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OceanGdss SBP/Ariel's December 2008..PS TR finished!!

We had Marion too-and Kevin-learning from Marion--she was wonderful! She definately knows her stuff!

Love the waiting and BEO going up:lmao:

So we went through all of the ceremony, reception, and misc. We even decided on our Dessert Party for our Rehearsal Dinner!! (YAY!!!!!!)

Next...the Cake Tasting!!

The Setup:
IMG_0439.jpg

This was SUCH a cool experience!!! DF was looking out the window at the monorails passing overhead the whole PS...except when the cake came out! lmao We tasted...

IMG_0440.jpg

FMIL:
IMG_0444.jpg

DF:
IMG_0445.jpg

And Me:
IMG_0441.jpg

I enjoyed almost ALL the flavors! I REALLY enjoyed the passion fruit icing, and almost decided to have a 'brides cake' with that flavor lol...but DF was the one who made the ultimate decision on our cake flavor...and here is the winner!
IMG_0447.jpg

After the cake tasting Laura from floral came in and we talked flowers. This part was super easy/fast because I already knew what I wanted down to the petal

Here is the silk I'm using:

(This is just a mock up of my bouquet...the actual one will be much bigger of course lol)
IMG_0373.jpg

Here is the inspiration pic I'm using:
bluebouquet.jpg

We're also using blue w/ silver tipped poinsettias in the walkway at the ceremony, transferring them to half the tables at reception. The other half of the tables will have silver bowls with silver painted pinecones in them as the centerpieces. The cake table will have the bridal party bouquets and tealights, and the head table will have a few white poinsettias (moved from the archway at SBP from ceremony). The guestbook table will have the tossing bouquet, and the "memory table" (pics of all the family weddings) will have my bouquet. We will also have two flowers, we havent decided what type to use yet, one on each side of the aisle in a seat (front row, out-wards most seat on each side) in memory of our grandmothers.

After floral that was it! We were done!! We trekked back to the GF parking lot (that thing is FOREVER away!! lol) and headed back home!!! (we live 2hrs away..not a bad drive). We were exauhsted!!!!! My mind was so overwhelmed with wedding stuff I didn't even want to talk about it the whole way home! lol...it was seriously AFTER our cruise in June that I even wanted to talk about the wedding!!!!

Ok..next update will be the Tasting Session in June! :)

We had Marion too-and Kevin-learning from Marion--she was wonderful! She definately knows her stuff!

Love the waiting and BEO going up:lmao:

I L-O-V-E Marion!! She is an amazing lady!! And her personality rocks! :cool1:

We finally got our BEO btw... we were *hoping* for close to 12k, but it came in near 18k. So we did some immediate chopping (no more alcohol! lol) and got it down to around 13k. I need to send in the revised copy to Marion! :)

I L-O-V-E Marion!! She is an amazing lady!! And her personality rocks! :cool1:

We finally got our BEO btw... we were *hoping* for close to 12k, but it came in near 18k. So we did some immediate chopping (no more alcohol! lol) and got it down to around 13k. I need to send in the revised copy to Marion! :)
Our original was about the same and we came in, our final bill at under 12k! It is so easy to add everything on, even with restraint! It is so beautiful there and you cant help but want it all!:goodvibes

YAY MEG FOR THE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

I love your inspiration bouquet. Love the colors and the flowers. We are pretty similar except my hyrdangeas are pink. I love the idea of poinsettias on the walkway at SBP. Everything sounds beautiful!

thanks guys :)

I'm so glad to get our BEO down. I'll NEVER beat Carrie, lol, but I'm going to try to get close!! If it wasn't for the Holiday season charge for the DJ we'd be BELOW minimum before taxes!! lol

I guess I should have been more specific about the poinsettias lol...they will be in pots, there will be 4 of them, 1 on each side of the aisle at the steps leading to SBP, and two at the front, infront of the beams of the arch. :) The way I said it made it sound like they'll be poinsettias sprinkled on the aisle! lol..its a novel idea...but..not for me lol!

blue poinsettias sound beautiful!! The pic of your bouquet is so pretty!

Ok, I worked hard today lol...hope it came out as good as you were expecting!

I got through DF's bout, the 4 GMs bouts, and 1 bridesmaid bouquet.

Here are pics:
(please remember ive NEVER worked with flowers before!)

The bridesmaid bouquet..
IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

The back:
IMG_0015.jpg

The top:
IMG_0020.jpg

The GM's bouts:
IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0028-1.jpg

DF's bout:
IMG_0021.jpg

Thats it for now. Ill do the other bouquets this weekend probably.

I just finished your entire PJ up to this point :surfweb: (I have LOTS of catching up to do!!)

You are SOOO organized! :thumbsup2

I love your toasting glasses! Question: do you think those could be ordered? I won't be able to get back to WDW before the wedding :sad2:

I'm so excited for you! :cheer2: You seem like such a FUN person! :dance3:

I'm having mine about a month after you, so I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

Thanks for the update Meg! I'm sorry you don't feel as comfortable anymore about posting info on here :(.

How were you able to keep the BEO so low? Lots of cutting, or what?

Ok, I worked hard today lol...hope it came out as good as you were expecting!

I got through DF's bout, the 4 GMs bouts, and 1 bridesmaid bouquet.

Here are pics:
(please remember ive NEVER worked with flowers before!)

The bridesmaid bouquet..
IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

The back:
IMG_0015.jpg

The top:
IMG_0020.jpg

The GM's bouts:
IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0028-1.jpg

DF's bout:
IMG_0021.jpg

Thats it for now. Ill do the other bouquets this weekend probably.

WOW, your silks turned our great :thumbsup2

Linz xxx :)

How in the world did I miss the pix of your floral? :confused3 You did a wonderful job on them! They are gorgeous! Any more to show us? :banana:

ok...throwing some updates in here...they've been posted in a different PJ, so im pasting them in here. It will seem like i did a lot of work in one day..but thats not true :rotfl:

Here are some pics to update u with...nothing new really.

Here is a pic of all my silk flowers...
IMG_0071.jpg

Now I need to get busy making the bouquets and bouts!!

And a pic of our favors! Me and one of my BMs stayed up the other night practicing making them. They were a bit of a pain in the **** to get all the tees in and the box closed...so we're getting a couple bottles of wine, some good Matthew McConaughey movies, and tackling all 100 of these boogers!

The four we completed in an hour lmao
IMG_0070.jpg

I started on my welcome folders today...I haven't typed up all the papers to put in on the other side..but here is what I have...

IMG_0005-1.jpg

IMG_0006-1.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

August...

Ok, here's the Cliffnotes:
  • Bachelorette cruise is in 3 weeks!! (Sept 18th)
  • My bridesmaids have set a date and printed the invitations for my shower, October 5th
  • DF's Aunts are throwing us a couples shower (the theme is 'Honeymoon' so everyone is buying us gifts from our Disney Honeymoon Registry!! yay!!) It will be on November 21st
  • My sister is coming from North Carolina for the Bachelorette Cruise and BOTH showers!!! yay!!
  • My mom may not be attending my wedding (a big part of the reason ive been MIA from the boards here for so long..dealing with that..so now there is a good chance the only family member that will be at my wedding will be my sister)
  • I have all but finished my invitations, just need to address the envelopes, RSVP envelopes, and type/print/glue the outside labels for the names on the pocketfolds
  • I purchased all my postage for my invites today
  • I made a super cute basket for flip flops for the reception (no one likes sore feet!)
  • I'm starting my wedding-bootcamp diet/exercise this week to get in shape for the wedding!
Thats as much as I can think of for now.....and now some pics :)

The basket of flip flops I made to have at the reception...
IMG_0048.jpg

The goody bags I made for the kids...
IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0050-1.jpg

The bubbles...im working on them..
IMG_0057.jpg

I started packing things up to take down in December!
IMG_0059.jpg

Me working on the invites:
IMG_0031.jpg

My dress hanging in the closet of the rec room...
IMG_0045.jpg

Flowers

Ok ladies, I got the bouquets done today!!!!! Be forewarned...there are a lot of pictures!! lol :) My fingers are all cut up from the thorns/floral wire/wire cutters....but they look cute!! :)

Here are some pics...

Everything all layed out....
IMG_0172.jpg

The Bridesmaids Bouquets:
IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

Gizzy wanting to be a bridesmaid lol...
IMG_0189.jpg

The tossing bouquet...
IMG_0192.jpg

cont....

Flowers cont...

Me working on the flowers...
IMG_0204.jpg

The bridesmaids bouqets and the tossing bouquet together..
IMG_0199.jpg

The Bridal Bouquet...

before i started on it....
IMG_0202.jpg

Getting it arranged...
IMG_0207.jpg

wrapped with floral tape...
IMG_0219.jpg

Suprise inside..
I wanted to wrap something special in the handle of the bouquet...so I put a photo of the sunrise the morning Deej proposed to me under the ribbon wrap...
IMG_0222.jpg

The finished product...
IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

My hidden mickey..
IMG_0229.jpg

cont....

:goodvibes Thank you so much for updating your PJ!

I love all of your flowers!

It looks like you worked so hard on it!

I love your flowers. They are so beautiful. The colors are going to look great in December!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter