October 2010 Car Rentals

piglet33

DIS Veteran
Has anyone found any deals for October? I am going to WDW Oct. 13-19 and so far the best I found is from Alamo for a midsize for $212 using the Costco rate and the $30 off weekly rate, which I booked. Is this the best that's out there? I also did a search here and haven't found an official October 2010 car rental thread. Isn't anyone going in October?

Thanks!

We are going Sept. 29-Oct 5 and again Oct. 31-Nov 12, so I've been watching both the September and November car rental watches, but I'll watch this one too. I've not seen anything reasonable yet.

I got a good rate on a compact through http://carrentalsavers.com/ and their Visa discount. $165 for a week. But the prices have gone up since I booked it. If I could apply the $30 coupon the total would be $120 (they take it off before taxes), but the only $30 off coupon I can find expires 6/30/10. What $30 coupon code did you find that is good in October?

We'll be there from Oct 22nd through the 30th and the best I've gotten from Alamo is $194.42, down from $212 using the Costco w/$30 off. Not too bad for 9 days.
We were hoping to pick up the car at MCO, drop it off at the Dolphin, and take ME back to the airport. I don't remember the cost, but it was way more than we were willing to pay for less days.

Keep checking the Alamo site. My cost is down $17, not a lot, but better in my pocket than Alamo's.
Good Luck!

:)

I got a good rate on a compact through http://carrentalsavers.com/ and their Visa discount. $165 for a week. But the prices have gone up since I booked it. If I could apply the $30 coupon the total would be $120 (they take it off before taxes), but the only $30 off coupon I can find expires 6/30/10. What $30 coupon code did you find that is good in October?

You have to go through the Costco website. There are a few different coupons available. I used 30% off a weekly rate plus the Costco member discount. I don't remember if Alamo asks for proof of membership or not.

Hope that helps.

It's on Costco's website and is good until 12/31/10. Try here:
http://www.costcotravel.com/#15_rentalCars_alamo_ALA10AD8221SDF20100209

in early March both Alamo-midsize (SAMS club code) & National-fullsize ExAisle (Continental code & $30 coupon ND3Z11ZDQ-no copy required) were in area of $190 for 8 day rental beginning 10/3

Alamo rate is without a coupon. Im waiting to see what pops up, will probably go with National regardless:)

Man we are going 10-16-2010 to the 10-25-2010 and are not finding any good rates!! WOW!! They are double what we paid last October for the same time frame. I like to have an SUV, but I am not sure that is possible. I signed up for the Emerald Club, but I have no idea how to use it!

It is making me nervous.

Does anyone know anything about the Executive Isle @ National that people are talking about?

So far the best I have is $179 for a week, October 2-9 through Enterprise. There are 5% off codes floating around the internet, booked through carrentals.com :thumbsup2

Its kind of early to find deals. I booked with National for a 9 day midsize rental. Oct 23rd to Nov 1st, pickup at MCO...
Code 6100120 AARP
Coupon 1 free day nf6197fjd ent book
Total with all fees and taxes $232.33

I've been checking daily for my trip in late September and the prices are crazy ! I went a few months ago and paid $118 INCLUDING taxes for the week and that was a mid size through Alamo ! everyone keeps saying it's early but I had my car booked a few months in advance last time!

I will keep my eyes peeled for deals and post if I find anything good :)

I always use Action car rental and they are the best prices I can find. I always deal with the same person there, if I can help just let me know, she will always match other car rental company's prices.

My employer participates in Tickets-at-Work. I got a great discount through them for park tickets and rental car for the 1st week of Nov.

It is making me nervous.

Does anyone know anything about the Executive Isle @ National that people are talking about?

usually you have to "earn" executive privilege at National by renting at least 42 days in a year, then you book mid size price but pick from the executive aisle which usually has "fuller" size vehicles on it

Some people got the perk through a Continental airline code posted a couple years back, however, you have to re qualify each year. If you do not, you revert back to Emerald Aisle

the days of getting minivans and suvs on Emerald aisle seems to be a fond memory of the past, if you are very very lucky and the time of the year is right you might see some of those on the aisle, but in our recent trips that has not happened

some of the offerings which have been seen recently on Emerald Aisle would not even meet "mid size criteria" ....for example the HHR which is more a speciality vehicle ala what the PT cruiser used to be

Picked up a Pontiac G6 on the EA on 6/24. There were no mini-vans or SUV's. I had the Executive Aisle membership for one year thru Continental, but it reverted back to regular Emerald Aisle status in Feb of this year.
We flew on Continental. The G6 is a standard vehicle according to my receipt.

usually you have to "earn" executive privilege at National by renting at least 42 days in a year, then you book mid size price but pick from the executive aisle which usually has "fuller" size vehicles on it

Some people got the perk through a Continental airline code posted a couple years back, however, you have to re qualify each year. If you do not, you revert back to Emerald Aisle

the days of getting minivans and suvs on Emerald aisle seems to be a fond memory of the past, if you are very very lucky and the time of the year is right you might see some of those on the aisle, but in our recent trips that has not happened

some of the offerings which have been seen recently on Emerald Aisle would not even meet "mid size criteria" ....for example the HHR which is more a speciality vehicle ala what the PT cruiser used to be

Yep, I agree, seeing a minivan or SUV is luck and time of year. I've been an Exec. Aisle member for 5+ years now (always earning it). But the requirement is 40 days a year. I only know this because one year I missed it by one day. I had 39 days. I had counted the days, but National counted the nights, so I was off and hadn't realized it. I check with them throughout the year now when it's close (plus they now give you a status report throughout the year which is very helpful). This year I'll be over 50 days, so I'm good for next year. We managed a Ford Explorer in May with a 3rd row seat, but that was off of the Executive Aisle.

I'm going Oct 23 to 29, I haven't seen anything much cheaper than my $187 weekly corporate rate at National which includes insurance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter