October 2010 Car Rentals

UGH! Just reserved a minivan for 10/7-1/14 for $382.49. I am hoping that Priceline comes through for me again, but at least I have this as a back up. YUCK!

I've been watching prices since I booked our October rental with National in May (hoping for a cheaper rate) but unfortunately the prices have just gone up - right now the rate is almost double :sad2: I'll keep watching to see if prices drop at all but am very glad I booked when I did :goodvibes

Bonny

:rolleyes1 Still waiting for lower rates.....

....anytime now.... popcorn::

I have what I think is an okay price. One full week Oct 14 - 21 with my emerald club membership number and a coupon for 30 off........... 225.00 taxes included.
This is for a midsize on the emerald isle. Pickup and dropoff - MCO

Not great but better than what I have been seeing. I am hoping it will go down but I can live with that price.

We have a total weekly rate of $327 for a minivan from Dollar with the Orlando Magicard code. Picking up at the Regal Sun Resort and returning at MCO. (No ME from Vero Beach.. doh!)

I have a compact reserved for October 15-30 for $300.19, including taxes and fees. I used the Costco code and $30 coupon.

I'm trying to lower my Oct 23rd to Nov 1 reservation but having no luck.
I currently have a 9 day reservation with National Emerald Aisle.
AARP code 6100120 and the one day free for $232.23 total with all fees and taxes and add'l driver free. When I try to change to the $30 off coupon ND29Z3ZDI it brings it up to over $300.

We have a car on the Emerald Isle for $253.74 for October 16-25. I really want a bigger car, guess I have to keep watching.

Do you have to show youe AARP membership card when you pick up the car?

No you don't need to present your aarp membership card, but if you use 6100120, you have to put your AARP membership id in the reservation... Won't take the code without the ID.

Stilllllll waiiiiiting..... popcorn::

Not so good rates... and I'm 2 months out! AGGH!!!! :sad2:

I was really hoping that the prices would start going down, but that's not the case. The same car I booked for $212 is now $243:eek: with the same Costco code and coupon.

Got a compact for a week with Enterprise for $135 with my company discount.

I was really hoping that the prices would start going down, but that's not the case. The same car I booked for $212 is now $243:eek: with the same Costco code and coupon.

Oh, I should check mine then.

I use the Costco codes but I have longer than a week, which usually throws pricing out of whack.

DH wants to only rent from the "known" agencies and where he can walk to at MCO. The lowest I could find for a minivan was from Enterprise from 10/14-10/25 was $441.00. Used a weekly 10% off code from the Entertainment Book.

My parents have a full size (same time period) from National for $292 using a double upgrade coupon from the Entertainment Book.

DH wants to only rent from the "known" agencies and where he can walk to at MCO. The lowest I could find for a minivan was from Enterprise from 10/14-10/25 was $441.00. Used a weekly 10% off code from the Entertainment Book.

My parents have a full size (same time period) from National for $292 using a double upgrade coupon from the Entertainment Book.

I booked with Budget, who is located at the terminal. I'm paying $225 a week, with a total of $300 after taxes and fees. My dates are Oct. 31 - Nov. 7. (I originally put in the wrong dates, as I got my trips mixed up.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter