October 2010 Car Rentals

Eesh, the prices are awful for October 8-16th even for a compact/economy. I was able to get it for $200 including taxes but that was before I booked my flight so I put in picking up at 6:00 PM and returning at 6:00 PM -- now we will be arriving at about 2:00-2:30 but when I try to adjust the time for pick up the price went up over $150 :scared1: Does anyone know what will happen if I show up early to pick up our car? Will they re-adjust our price :confused3

Eesh, the prices are awful for October 8-16th even for a compact/economy. I was able to get it for $200 including taxes but that was before I booked my flight so I put in picking up at 6:00 PM and returning at 6:00 PM -- now we will be arriving at about 2:00-2:30 but when I try to adjust the time for pick up the price went up over $150 :scared1: Does anyone know what will happen if I show up early to pick up our car? Will they re-adjust our price :confused3

I want to know the same thing!!!

I booked with Budget, who is located at the terminal. I'm paying $225 a week, with a total of $300 after taxes and fees. My dates are Sept. 29-Oct. 5.

Just went and checked Budget for my dates and a minivan...got a total of $882 before tax and $1087 :scared1: after taxes and that's with a coupon. Guess their rates went up a bit :rotfl:

I haven't seen my car rental with Alamo for Oct 9-13 even budge since April when I first booked - it's stayed steady at $123 taxes in for a midsized picking up at MCO. That's with a Costco code and coupon.
I've tried many coupons with National as well and best price I could get from them was over $300.
I miss the days where you could check each day and the rates would drop a few more dollars each time you tried.

Just went and checked Budget for my dates and a minivan...got a total of $882 before tax and $1087 :scared1: after taxes and that's with a coupon. Guess their rates went up a bit :rotfl:

Did you use the coupons and codes that have been posted on the boards? The dates I posted were the wrong trip. The minivan rental is for Oct. 31-Nov.7 (1 week) with Budget and found these codes:

code = x474200

coupon $25 = MUWZ023 (the coupon does not come off of the estimate, but I've been told in other posts that it comes off at the end of your rental).

I got a base rate of $225 with a total of $302 (before the coupon is applied).

Still, so far, the best price.

Did you use the coupons and codes that have been posted on the boards? The dates I posted were the wrong trip. The minivan rental is for Oct. 31-Nov.7 (1 week) with Budget and found these codes:

code = x474200

coupon $25 = MUWZ023 (the coupon does not come off of the estimate, but I've been told in other posts that it comes off at the end of your rental).

I got a base rate of $225 with a total of $302 (before the coupon is applied).

Still, so far, the best price.

Ahhh - much better using those codes instead of the ent.book codes. I think it's the fact we need it for 11 days that is killing us. With taxes came out to $527.95. So the Enterprise is still cheaper.

I want to know the same thing!!!

You did not say which company you are renting from. Last time this happened to me (National) they charged me for another full day. However, each company may have different rules. Why dont you call and ask?

You got a great deal. I just tried and I couldn't get a compact for less than $270 :sad2:

I've been checking them every day and this is the first day I got a break. $160 still isn't GREAT... I got a week for $126 that I stupidly cancelled by mistake a couple of months ago :sad2:, so I've been back to square 1 again.

DH wants to only rent from the "known" agencies and where he can walk to at MCO. The lowest I could find for a minivan was from Enterprise from 10/14-10/25 was $441.00. Used a weekly 10% off code from the Entertainment Book.

My parents have a full size (same time period) from National for $292 using a double upgrade coupon from the Entertainment Book.

Try Dollar. I was looking for a compact and saw that for some reason minivans were way cheaper out of MCO - $207 + taxes/fees

I'm pricing rentals at Budget....and I accidentally has US residency filled out (I'm Canadian). When I changed it from US to Canada, the compact rate fell from 189 (+taxes/fees) to 117 (+taxes/fees)!!!

Hope this helps someone!

I'm pricing rentals at Budget....and I accidentally has US residency filled out (I'm Canadian). When I changed it from US to Canada, the compact rate fell from 189 (+taxes/fees) to 117 (+taxes/fees)!!!

Hope this helps someone!

Well I live in Maine...couldn't I get the Canadian discount?? I'm as close to Canada as you can get!!

I just rented a mid-sized car from Dollar for $188.21 for a week. In case it helps anyone out, I used the promo code KISSE.

I got an even better deal. GREAT costco rate through Alamo-

ID 7015309
Coupon AD8221SDF

I got a week for $148, 1st week of October.

Well I am now down to $316 for a minivan from Dollar. Pick up at MCO 10/7 and drop off at the Regal Sun at DTD 10/14. We don't leave until 10/15, but we save a lot by dropping it off at the Regal Sun and then taking ME back to the airport the next day. Oh and to get this rate I used the Orlando Magicard code oi1054. I had a budget reservation for $302 dropping off at the Doubletree, but since that is a farther walk I just took the Dollar reservation.

eta: the $316 is the grand total

Some of the rates being quoted on here are really good if they include all the taxes and fees.

I tried all the codes listed and still came out best this way, booking today.

Date: 10/23-10-30, 8 days
Company: Advantage in terminal at MCO. ( booked on Advantage website)
Car type: Compact- Cobalt or simular.
Coupon used: None

Rate: Weekly 139.00 + one day at 27.75 + taxes/fees + 230.81 total.

One thing that I did notice was that it showed that I had to rent another day because of my pickup and drop off times. In the agreement it showed late charges after one hour to be equal to the daily rate. So, since I am already paying for a full day, I decided to show a pick up time 1 hour earlier and a drop off time 3 hrs later than what I really need. The price is the same and I figure that this way I don't have to worry too much about flight delays

Try Dollar. I was looking for a compact and saw that for some reason minivans were way cheaper out of MCO - $207 + taxes/fees

Thanks - I tried Dollars and when it was all set with taxes, I realized it would be more than Enterprise. I'll keep playing with all the different agencies and hope it comes down somewhere a bit.

I got $243 inc all taxes and fees for a midsize through Dollar for 9 days using the city special. It was actually a better rate than using any of the codes. Pretty happy with that. I love Dollar and always book through them. In February, I saved over $100 by checking again at about a week out. I have found that to be my new trick. Book something you can live with, but keep checking, especially starting at about a week or two out, then everyday after that. If you find something cheaper, re-book and cancel your existing. I will keep checking cause I really want the fullsize (for the same price)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter