• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2017 Discount and code watch

Yes, booking one place in case of no discount makes sense - however some book multiple, that doesn't so much!

However, because people had multiple bookings and obviously the cancellation of them has just begun, I have been able to change from a river to a standard view at PORFQ, which is in effect a discount on the total amount for us, so I am happy!

I am not saying people should not book. We go regardless of discounts as well, in fact, out of all of our trips, I think we paid rack rate every trip* except the last three! What I am seeing is that people are booking many multiple trips in advance in case of free dining to take advantage of booking ADR's 180+. This artificially fills up resorts which then reduces the need for discounts.

*Nor have we ever had a dining plan, free or otherwise.
My point exactly eastendlights. I book the room I want because no matter what I am going, discount or not. However it is advised that if you are not going without a discount you are better off not booking until the discount is released. People can do as they please and that is fine with me because to me the discount is just icing on the cake, but for those that will only go if they are able to receive a discount they may end up shooting themselves in the foot. If they book early and resorts are full Disney is not going to offer Discounts for those periods. Even if they do there will be no availability because discounts are only available for open rooms, they aren't applied to a current reservations. As much as we would like to think Disney does these deals out of the kindness of their hearts the fact is it is a marketing strategy to fill vacant rooms. No vacant rooms, no discount offer. That's all I was trying to say. Like I said though, if people do start cancelling because they cannot afford to go without the discount, we may see a new discount offered to help fill those rooms.

This year the Disney VISA deal gives an extra week for cardholders from August 13 to 20 to travel.

upload_2017-4-24_21-19-3.png

In 15-ish trips since 1998, I have never ended up paying rack rate! I have a DVC rental for a week and am just looking to add 2 nights before, so I may end up paying this trip, but time will tell.

I bit the bullet and booked; I really wanted to hold out for a RO discount, but availability is sooo low already for the resorts I was looking at, I didn't want to risk being shut out :/

I'll be interested to see when/if late Oct discounts actually show up

I bit the bullet and booked; I really wanted to hold out for a RO discount, but availability is sooo low already for the resorts I was looking at, I didn't want to risk being shut out :/

I'll be interested to see when/if late Oct discounts actually show up

Same... my cousin is staying at Poly and it's been a dream for us to stay there for a while. We can afford it this time around; we checked and the park view was already sold out (we wanted standard, anyway) so we bit the bullet and did it. If a RO discount comes around, great. If not, oh well.

Got an email yesterday from the travel-agency-which-shall-not-be-named-on-this-board and booked a discounted room at the GF through them for 2 nights. All done now.

Got an email yesterday from the travel-agency-which-shall-not-be-named-on-this-board and booked a discounted room at the GF through them for 2 nights. All done now.

I get the "he who shall not be named" but what did the email say?

@LouFapp you hit the ball out of the park with your comment above. Multiple bookings, if there are enough of them only says one thing to Disney..........no need for discounts. My only advice to those looking for discounts........is if you have a room in mind.........book the room. I was waiting for the summer discount and did not book the room/view I wanted........much to my chagrino_O that room became unavailable.........I lost out waiting. So I booked a more expensive room (at WL) so I'd at least be in the location I wanted. When the discounts came out...........we did get a break but for a room that wasn't our first choice. HOWEVER, in the end...........we were able to get a better discount at the YC which works better for our park touring..............

But again..........multiple bookings......if there are enough of them..........lowers the chance for discounts.

Doug :goofy:

I get the "he who shall not be named" but what did the email say?

Basically discounts available for certain resorts (6 or 7 usually) for specific dates in Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec. The week of Oct 15-22 was excluded. Have to request a quote. My discount was about 30%. Let's see if that is too much info and I get in trouble!

Basically discounts available for certain resorts (6 or 7 usually) for specific dates in Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec. The week of Oct 15-22 was excluded. Have to request a quote. My discount was about 30%. Let's see if that is too much info and I get in trouble!

No it's not too much info for you to get into trouble with, just no names. No worries and thanks for replying.

I must be way too new or have really missed something. I do not get the "he who shall not be named" reference. I feel so out of the loop. LOL

You haven't missed anything, @georgina posted she received an email from a travel agency = "he who shall not be named" per house rules. Anyway I asked what was the content of the email was which is still a bit of a mystery. It was nice of georgina to respond.

Can someone please PM me the name of that travel agency? I see it mentioned a lot and I don't know which one it is!!!

Same here, but I've got a feeling PMing the name would be off limits also. If not, please send me one as well.....LOL.

Nothing should happen to your ADR's, I had made a bunch for a planned trip in February that I had to cancel. After I cancelled, all of my ADR's still existed and I had to go in and cancel each one. You may want to link your ADR's to your new reservation though. You can do that in My Disney Experience.

Thank you for this! Right now we're booked at AoA from 10/20- 10/26, but looking to upgrade to WL, AKL, or POR if/when the discounts are available. We've been worried about losing all of our ADRs if we changed our reservation at that time.

Had to cancel our August trip but we just booked for Oct. instead (18-23). Staying at POR and hoping a discount for Oct. comes out soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter