• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2017 Discount and code watch

Yeah, I am looking to add a few nights from 10/12-10/14, so I will keep waiting also. I have a reservation I can live with, but a discount would allow me to upgrade!

Booked 10/28-11/1. Going on a trip with my family, my cousin and her little ones. It's both my cousin's and her little ones' first trip. Staying at Poly. REALLY hoping for a RO discount. We're AP holders. FD would have been nice for her, but now we're hoping for some sort of discount. My only thought is that they'll extend through October soon. They had it last year, right?
Yeah, I'm in that spot too... Oct 29 thru Nov 4... Upside maybe is being there during the FD blackout will maybe be a BIT less crowded....Hope springs eternal!

Booked for a solo trip 10/28 - 11/1. I knew when I booked that FD wouldn't be available to me, but a RO discount would be really helpful! They added a RO at the same time as FD this morning, but it only goes through 10/7.

Hello! Is there something going on mid Oct besides MNSSHP? it seems like the crowd reports show it pretty busy around Oct 10-17?.

More and more schools are having October fall breaks. October 9 is Columbus day, so a lot of breaks fall that week since some states get that day off school anyway. We don't get Columbus Day off in our state, but our district is still out the last 3 days of that week. We are usually out the week before, but this year we got switched.

Following! Booked for Halloween and was hoping to see RO released today with free dining...but it looks like those of us in late October will have to wait a little longer :sad1:

Following! Booked for Halloween and was hoping to see RO released today with free dining...but it looks like those of us in late October will have to wait a little longer :sad1:

Are there any dates in October with dining or package discounts? I didn't' think I saw any the entire month of October

Slim pickings right now for my dates. I can do All Star Sports for under 100 a night, not bad but not where I want to stay. For now I'm just waiting for the frenzy to die down a little. Also Gartner being in session doesn't help things.

Hello! Is there something going on mid Oct besides MNSSHP? it seems like the crowd reports show it pretty busy around Oct 10-17?.
International Food and Wine festival always draws a pretty good crowd and it's getting bigger each year it seems.

Yeah, I'm in that spot too... Oct 29 thru Nov 4... Upside maybe is being there during the FD blackout will maybe be a BIT less crowded....Hope springs eternal!
Based on current resort availability I wouldn't hold my breath. I am thinking there might be a bunch of people who booked because they thought they would have a leg up when the discounts were released (big no, no) and now that Disney didn't release anything for mid October through December as far as RO discounts go and FD being blacked out (likely because most rooms are filled for those times) we may see a bunch of availability opening up as people decide to cancel their reservations since they are not able to get any discount. If that happens we MAY see another RO discount released to try to fill those rooms, but then again I think there might be people chomping at the bit to scoop those rooms up when they become available. We will just have to wait and see.

In reviewing the MouseSavers website (http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/) and looking at historical offers, I came across a Disney Visa offer for the same dates as the General RO offer...however, I can't find out what the offer covers or if the percentages are different. It's not on the Disney Rewards website that I could find...anyone have more info?
They may have just done it that way to keep in format with how they posted previous offers. Typically all Disney Visa members get is advanced booking options for the discount (a day or two before general public) but that doesn't always happen and it would appear it did not happen this time either.

Based on current resort availability I wouldn't hold my breath. I am thinking there might be a bunch of people who booked because they thought they would have a leg up when the discounts were released (big no, no) and now that Disney didn't release anything for mid October through December as far as RO discounts go and FD being blacked out (likely because most rooms are filled for those times) we may see a bunch of availability opening up as people decide to cancel their reservations since they are not able to get any discount. If that happens we MAY see another RO discount released to try to fill those rooms, but then again I think there might be people chomping at the bit to scoop those rooms up when they become available. We will just have to wait and see.

Yes, this pre-booking in hope of discounts is absolutely preventing discounts. I can't imagine how everyone does not see that. Basic economics-if they can fill the rooms without discounts, why on earth would they offer discounts??????

I disagree somewhat. You expect people to not book their trips, and run the risk of being closed out of the dates they want to go? They have offered discounts throughout most of the year. Last year the discount released in April went through 11/5. I doubt there is much difference in bookings between last year and this year. I expect there will be RO discounts released at a later date, but it may not cover everyone's preferred room type and resort. That's the way it is. I have a reservation because I am going discount or not, but still hope there will be some discounts.

I disagree somewhat. You expect people to not book their trips, and run the risk of being closed out of the dates they want to go? They have offered discounts throughout most of the year. Last year the discount released in April went through 11/5. I doubt there is much difference in bookings between last year and this year. I expect there will be RO discounts released at a later date, but it may not cover everyone's preferred room type and resort. That's the way it is. I have a reservation because I am going discount or not, but still hope there will be some discounts.
Yes, same here. We book because we are going discount or not. Period. If a discount comes along, great....nice bonus!

I am not saying people should not book. We go regardless of discounts as well, in fact, out of all of our trips, I think we paid rack rate every trip* except the last three! What I am seeing is that people are booking many multiple trips in advance in case of free dining to take advantage of booking ADR's 180+. This artificially fills up resorts which then reduces the need for discounts.

*Nor have we ever had a dining plan, free or otherwise.

Last edited:
I actually am happy that there is no free dining when we are going in October because I am hoping some restaurants have ADR's open up. I booked our ADR's at 180+ and had a very hard time getting what we wanted. I've had an easier time booking ADR's for Easter week than I did this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter