** OCTOBER 2017 DISNEYLAND CHECK-IN **

Personally I would schedule it for another day. The reason I say this is because one year we arrived at LAX at 12pm and plans to be at DL at 4pm for MHP entrance at 4pm. The traffic was horrible that day and it took us 2 hours in traffic then we had to check in and get our costumes on and we missed the pre-party because of it. You can't anticipate when you will arrive due to flight delays, traffic, checking into hotel and/or dropping off luggage while waiting in line to do so. Shuttle drop off could be longer than anticipated etc. This is just my past experience and what other dissers have suggested to me for planning on an arrival night. I hated to admit it but they were right. Its better to not be stressed on arriving on time when you have no control on when you will arrive. So, now I plan a qs meal on arrival night and it works out better.

True you never know anything with planes and traffic is iffy... we fly into John Wayne (SNA) so getting to the hotel is easier for traffic etc. Last trip I think we were at the park just over an hour after we landed.

Are they seriously only going to have Fantasmic on Saturday and Sunday in October? I know they've done that in the past, but with the new version having just debuted after being gone for so long, and knowing how busy the parks are this time of year now, I thought they'd have it more often - if only to sell their dining upgrades. They only seem to be doing Tomorrowland Terrace on Saturday and Sunday as well (not that I particularly wanted to do that). Are Fireworks only going to be Saturday and Sunday as well?

After two years having to go through my wife's cancer and having to cancel multiple planned trips we are finally making it back to Disneyland! We purchased our MHP tickets yesterday so there is no backing out now, so our trip is officially "On!" We will be there from Sep 30-Oct 9th staying at the Tropicana. This is huge for us, we used to go twice a year so this kind of gets us back to "normalcy" in a way. Plus we get to go during Halloween Time which is our favorite time at the resort.

Last edited:
I think the Dessert package starts at 7:30 for September anyways... So as long as your flight is on time and everything goes smoothly I don't see why you couldn't drop your luggage and go straight to the park and check in for woc

We are hoping doing the same thing except we land at 2pm so we have lots of time to get over there...

Personally I would schedule it for another day. The reason I say this is because one year we arrived at LAX at 12pm and plans to be at DL at 4pm for MHP entrance at 4pm. The traffic was horrible that day and it took us 2 hours in traffic then we had to check in and get our costumes on and we missed the pre-party because of it. You can't anticipate when you will arrive due to flight delays, traffic, checking into hotel and/or dropping off luggage while waiting in line to do so. Shuttle drop off could be longer than anticipated etc. This is just my past experience and what other dissers have suggested to me for planning on an arrival night. I hated to admit it but they were right. Its better to not be stressed on arriving on time when you have no control on when you will arrive. So, now I plan a qs meal on arrival night and it works out better.

After doing some thinking, I think we will opt for the second night instead. We'll plan on just going to Cozy Cone or Flo's and try to ride RSR at night this time - we haven't gotten to ride it in the dark yet and I've heard it's amazing! That way I won't be stressed out all day - it will be stressful enough making our first flight out of MCO and flying across the county! We have breakfast booked that morning at CM in WDW and United keeps moving our flight time!! I am still waiting for Disney to release WOC spots! I'm 40 days out - come on! :hyper:

Ugh! So annoyed that they are showing no availability for WoC dining reservations/dessert party for October. I really hope they are just figuring out scheduling and that it isn't going down for a refurb.

After two years having to go through my wife's cancer and having to cancel multiple planned trips we are finally making it back to Disneyland! We purchased our MHP tickets yesterday so there is no backing out now, so our trip is officially "On!" We will be there from Sep 30-Oct 9th staying at the Tropicana. This is huge for us, we used to go twice a year so this kind of gets us back to "normalcy" in a way. Plus we get to go during Halloween Time which is our favorite time at the resort.
So, so happy for you and your wife. I'm finally taking my son in October after having to cancel my trip with him in 2015 due to my being diagnosed with cancer. We will be there October 3rd to 10th. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! We really will!

You are going the same dates we are! Have a great time!

So, so happy for you and your wife. I'm finally taking my son in October after having to cancel my trip with him in 2015 due to my being diagnosed with cancer. We will be there October 3rd to 10th. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! We really will!
Thank you! I am happy you are getting to go on your trip as well! Have a great trip!

After doing some thinking, I think we will opt for the second night instead. We'll plan on just going to Cozy Cone or Flo's and try to ride RSR at night this time - we haven't gotten to ride it in the dark yet and I've heard it's amazing! That way I won't be stressed out all day - it will be stressful enough making our first flight out of MCO and flying across the county! We have breakfast booked that morning at CM in WDW and United keeps moving our flight time!! I am still waiting for Disney to release WOC spots! I'm 40 days out - come on! :hyper:
Riding RSR at night is my favorite! I've only done it once but would love to do it again. It just never works out for us. Your going to have an amazing,g trip!

I'm going with my mother-in-law September 29th through October 3rd and we're staying that the Park Vue Inn. So excited to use Maxpass!

Ugh! So annoyed that they are showing no availability for WoC dining reservations/dessert party for October. I really hope they are just figuring out scheduling and that it isn't going down for a refurb.

I've been waiting for those to open up too, I'd imagine they would have to release the schedule in the next couple of days.

We'll be there Oct. 1-5, and we're going to the party on the 3rd. I've never gone to MHP and can't wait! My son turns 7 in October and has no idea we're going to DL at all. He has been before, but never for a holiday event. I think he just thinks I'm super enthusiastic about Halloween this year, since I've been assembling costume stuff since June... Ha! I am so excited to surprise him, I'm freaking out with anticipation, and in my freakouts I found these forums, which are magic. So glad this place exists!

:welcome: all ...

A few more days until I can book the Halloween Dinner Package at Blue Bayou for the date I want ...

Here are quick links to the most popular dining packages available during October ... will post these links to on the first page of this post ...

Planning to be there just for the day during a girls' trip on October 23rd! :)

Last edited:
:welcome: all ...

A few more days until I can book the Halloween Dinner Package at Blue Bayou for the date I want ...

Thank you, great to have all the links together!!

I'm impatiently waiting for October World of color to be released.. ahhhhh I can start booking on Sunday but that is the first thing I need. Then Monday I can a Fantasmic package. That one will get me up at 3am haha.. there are 7 of us makes it a little more tricky..

Thank you, great to have all the links together!!

I'm impatiently waiting for October World of color to be released.. ahhhhh I can start booking on Sunday but that is the first thing I need. Then Monday I can a Fantasmic package. That one will get me up at 3am haha.. there are 7 of us makes it a little more tricky..

You're welcome :)

Just booked Mickey's Halloween Party Dinner Package at the Blue Bayou for Tues, Oct 24th as the booking window opened up today for that date ... :yay:

can't wait to go Oct 11-15. going to the party on Oct 13. i hear it is already sold out. yikes. i better psych myself out for crowds.
I have been waiting and waiting for the Oct schedule to come out for the WOC dining. I am so impatient! Haha!

So, we bought our Mickey Halloween party tickets for Sept. 20th. Super excited! Well be going as super royal snow white and Prince. But, we will also be going on Halloween , but to anniversary dinner at Cathay circle. It's the most wonderful time of year.....

I'm so surprised that park hours and schedules are not posted for October yet. We originally cancelled our October trip back in May, and today decided to go through with it. Went to check park hours so I could book a character breakfast, and no times. WTH?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter