October 27, 2017... Wonder EBPC!

Hello, Everyone. I am SO excited! I have been wanting to do a Panama Canal cruise for a long time. I'm Brenda and my husband Eric and I are Platinum crusiers. This will be my 17th and my husband's 14th Disney cruise. We will be celebrating (belated) our 10th wedding anniversary. Our honeymoon, first, and fifth anniversaries were celebrated on the Wonder. We have sailed on all for ships, but the Wonder is our favorite, with the Fantasy being a close second.

We were lucky enough to book a "secret" veranda so, I'm doubly excited. I didn't pay attention to the fact that this sailing will be over Halloween either. So, now I'm excited all over again! We have done a couple of Halloween cruises and they are so fun.

I love the the idea of a treat exchange. I have done FEs several times and actually have oraganized a couple of them. It's been a while since we have participated and are ready to join in again.

Looking fowarded to getting to know everyone!
Hi Brenda :)
I think we sailed with you on our very first cruise :)
October 2010 and we were on the Sailing to the Saints cruise :)

Hello everyone we are so excited to be on this cruise :)
It will be myself (Crystal), DH(Bob), and our DD (Kaprisha) who will turn nine just days before this cruise.
This will be my 9th Disney cruise, DH 8th, and DD 4th :) This will be mine and my DH 2nd time on the Panama cruise. We were on the 2015 EBPC cruise and loved it!!! Any questions we would be happy to answer. I have to say it was the most fun and relaxing cruise we have ever taken!!!
We would love to see a candy exchange, FE Exchange, postcard exchange, or anything like that :) On our last cruise since we were on it for Halloween (just like this one) we had a signup for trick-or-treating so the kids could go door to door :) We didn't bring our daughter last time but we had a blast passing out candy to the kids :) Can't wait to sail with everyone in 1 year and 5 months from today!!!

Hi Everyone!

My husband and I (Mike & Karyn) just booked this cruise and I'm so excited! This will be our 3rd DCL cruise, and the longest vacation we've ever taken. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the itinerary from those who have done the Panama Canal cruise before.

Count me in for the snack exchange! :)

Hello, Everyone. I am SO excited! I have been wanting to do a Panama Canal cruise for a long time. I'm Brenda and my husband Eric and I are Platinum crusiers. This will be my 17th and my husband's 14th Disney cruise. We will be celebrating (belated) our 10th wedding anniversary. Our honeymoon, first, and fifth anniversaries were celebrated on the Wonder. We have sailed on all for ships, but the Wonder is our favorite, with the Fantasy being a close second.

We were lucky enough to book a "secret" veranda so, I'm doubly excited. I didn't pay attention to the fact that this sailing will be over Halloween either. So, now I'm excited all over again! We have done a couple of Halloween cruises and they are so fun.

I love the the idea of a treat exchange. I have done FEs several times and actually have oraganized a couple of them. It's been a while since we have participated and are ready to join in again.

This is great! Lots of people with lots of ideas!

I will edit my first post to mention all ideas, with mention of organizers and lists of interested people. As far as the candy/ snack exchange, I will not collect actual cabin numbers and information about any allergies until next summer.

Hello ! Bruce and I (Gina) just booked this cruise. We're platinum. I would be interested in doing the FE. Also the treat exchange sounds like fun ! I've already got some ideas for my home state of Texas. The scrapbook exchange sounds interesting. Looking forward to chatting with everyone ! In the meantime we're doing the Thanksgiving cruise this year

On our last cruise, we received bag of Dr Pepper Jelly Bellies from TX!

Hi Brenda :)
I think we sailed with you on our very first cruise :)
October 2010 and we were on the Sailing to the Saints cruise :)

Hi, Crystal. Yes, I remember! We met a lot of great folks on that cruise. Were you all the folks who were adopting a little girl? I met a now very dear friend on the Disboards for that cruise.

Hi, Crystal. Yes, I remember! We met a lot of great folks on that cruise. Were you all the folks who were adopting a little girl? I met a now very dear friend on the Disboards for that cruise.
Yes we were adopting a little girl who will be sailing with us on this cruise :)

This is great! Lots of people with lots of ideas!

I will edit my first post to mention all ideas, with mention of organizers and lists of interested people. As far as the candy/ snack exchange, I will not collect actual cabin numbers and information about any allergies until next summer.

(I'd be up for a craft beer exchange too!) :)

Hi! I'm Bobbi, DH Tom, we are Platinum and can't wait to do this cruise. The WBPC cruise we did on DCL in 2014 was our best cruise ever, we hope this one is just as memorable!

I have organized a Local Candy/Snack Exchange on many of my DCL cruises. We use FE's to pass out tasty treats from our area. We've enjoyed treats from Salt Lake City, TX, Jersey Shore, Idaho, and many more places. I hope someone will organize some FE groups, maybe a Dis Meet onboard on embarkation day, whatever someone can think of!

Bobbi:boat:

Candy Exchange interest..Bobbiwoz organize...I will keep the number of babies in each group between 6-11

Bobbiwoz
scrappy cruiser
Amie 416
sunshine 1259

FE

Scrap book Exchange

PJ breakfast

Cabin to Cabin trick or treating

Pin exchange---I organized this week twice, interested people met at the buffet lunch around noon, we ate and exchanged pins. Another time we met in a vacant lounge

Farewell lunch.....in the sit down restaurant

Anyone for private Mixology sessions? We participated in Wine tasting once.

If anyone wants to organize something, I can provide a link here to your post. Any other suggestions? Interests?
We would be interested in Candy exchange, FE, PJ Breakfast, Cabin to Cabin trick or treating, and if someone organizes an open bar :)

(I'd be up for a craft beer exchange too!) :)

That is a good idea actually.
My husband will def be getting beer at each port.

You can bring up to a 6 pack on at each port. Would be interesting to see what beers cruisers could find in each port.

Or just from home if that becomes too complicated.

Hi all
We are booked too. Me, DH and DS (10 yo) at time of cruise. This is our 6th. We are interested in all the activities, well DS in candy and trick or Treat of course. Count is in for the fun! Edited to add: I don't mind at all doing the trick or treat exchange
DS would be bummed without celebrating Halloween, we usually have an annual party, but in 2017 .... The mouse gets us.
Also since I do have a child on-board I plan on getting some lessons from school and some reading time with worksheets. If anyone with children between 8-11 are on this sailing and want to meet as a friendship group for them or reading group (like a kiddo book club) I can get that going. I have only had him keep a journal but as he will be older and in middle school, I think this time we must add actual reading, to keep teachers happy.

Last edited:
Hi all
We are booked too. Me, DH and DS (10 yo) at time of cruise. This is our 6th. We are interested in all the activities, well DS in candy and trick or Treat of course. Count is in for the fun! Edited to add: I don't mind at all doing the trick or treat exchange
DS would be bummed without celebrating Halloween, we usually have an annual party, but in 2017 .... The mouse gets us.
Also since I do have a child on-board I plan on getting some lessons from school and some reading time with worksheets. If anyone with children between 8-11 are on this sailing and want to meet as a friendship group for them or reading group (like a kiddo book club) I can get that going. I have only had him keep a journal but as he will be older and in middle school, I think this time we must add actual reading, to keep teachers happy.

Thank you! I will put you down for the Trick or Treat exchange! Also I will list an "8 to 11 year old reading/ friendship group!"

Bobbi

Thanks Bobbi

Official Trick or Treat Post (post # 32)
Please provide your: Stateroom #, DISname, & How Many passengers in SR (adults children)

I will organize by Deck to make it easier:

SR #: 8534, Belac...................2(A) 1(C) (DS, 10yo)
SR #: 8088, CaliFamily...........2(A) 2(C) (DS- 10, DS- 10)
SR #: 7046, christineD186......4(A)
SR #: 7036 , WeB4Pirates.......2(A) 2(C)
SR #: 7038 , WeB4Pirates.......2(A)
SR #: 6309, jennyl772003......2 (A)
SR #: 6590, Bobbiwoz.............2(A)
SR #: 5509, Dennisbryce........2(A) 1 (C)(DD, 9yo)
SR #: GTY, Ethanash1.............2 (A) 2(C) (DS-14, DS- 12)
SR #: 2104, Diana32578.........3 (A) 1 (C)(DGD Age 7)
SR #: GTY, Arielmomma...........1 (A) 2 (C) (DD-10, DS -13)

Last edited:

Hi Brenda
The Wonder is where DH and I spent our Honeymoon as well, so we will be celebrating right along with you :) We were just on her in April because I wanted one last chance to see her in the original form before dry dock. I'm also excited to see the transformation that has been so hush hush.

Last edited:
Official Children's Friendship Post: (Post #34)

So roll call for a children's friendship group
Boy or Girl/Age/Interests/Get to know through email ahead of Cruise?
(Some people are uncomfortable giving out names this far in advance, so lets limit it to gender and age for now. We can change it later on).

Friendship List

• Belac - Boy - 10 - Music, Cooking, Art, Crafts, Animals - Yes would love to email friends ahead of time.
  • Dennisbryce - Girl - 9 - music, cooking, art, swimming, soccer, shopkins
  • CaliFamily - Boy - 10 - soccer, all sports, chess, board games, computer games, reading
  • CaliFamily - Boy - 10 years old- soccer, piano, chess, robotics, board games, computer games, reading

Reading Club
So my DS will have homework, don't know what as of now but I do know reading will be a part of it.
So I am thinking of a book club sort of group. Ages between 8-11. You find the time that works best for your schedule to read say 2 chapters if we choose a book, or smaller stories that I can get online before hand and we meet up casually for 15 mins a day to have kids maybe answer verbal comprehension questions and allow them to discuss. Parents can schedule the discussion time the prior day. We may have to skip a discussion day due to ports or what ever but like I said flexible.

Reading Club List
  • Belac - DS, age 10 - Likes books about animals, planes, cars and short stories
  • Dennisbryce - DD, age 9 - likes short stories, animals, just about anything

Last edited:
Hi Brenda
The Wonder is where DH and I spent our Honeymoon as well, it will be 14 years in Sept 2017, so we will be celebrating right along with you :) We were just on her in April because I wanted one last chance to see her in the original form before dry dock. I'm also excited to see the transformation that has been so hush hush.

That's so cool!!! Our anniversary is in September too! I am going to try for the 2-day wonder cruise that sails in September that is actually on our anniversary next year.

This seems like it is going to be a great group of folks!!!

I can look into setting up a mixology class. We participated in a private mixology group earlier this month and it was a blast. That was on the Fantasy. Last year we did a scheduled mixology class on the Wonder and I much preferred the drinks we had there. But, I love the private group because we had already met the folks either on board or online, which made it a lot of fun.

That's so cool!!! Our anniversary is in September too! I am going to try for the 2-day wonder cruise that sails in September that is actually on our anniversary next year.

This seems like it is going to be a great group of folks!!!

Yes can't wait, already looked into hotel in San Diego, too far away to book tho..
I hope you get to that one on your anniversary. That would be great.

Yes can't wait, already looked into hotel in San Diego, too far away to book tho..
I hope you get to that one on your anniversary. That would be great.

Yes, I was looking for the one we used last year, but it appears to be under construction. That cruise doesn't seem to be booking since I was able to book three secret porthole rooms and there are still two available.

Yes, I was looking for the one we used last year, but it appears to be under construction. That cruise doesn't seem to be booking since I was able to book three secret porthole rooms and there are still two available.
The fact that you have to pull your kids out of school, might have a bit to do with it. I think the Westin hotel that is right across from the port has an airport shuttle, we will most likely be flying in the day before, so that would be helpful. There was another listed across the street and when I went to the map goggle view it showed a building under construction, might be finished by the time we cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter