Of course there are free cabanas......a fabulous 10 day summer solo trip! August 19-29/23. New PTR link 02/25

We loved that cider flight in the Odyssey Building!
Looks like a wonderful chill day!
The food at Olivia’s looks delicious!
I wish I had some of that pimentos dip from the Boathouse that was so tasty!
That cider flight was fabulous!

Olivia's was really good. I definitely enjoyed their dinner menu more than breakfast.

Our lunch at the Boathouse was SO good!!!! It definitely redeemed itself! I love that pimento cheese dip too and snacked on the rest of it at the airport before my flight. Super yummy!

All good things must come to an end!

Even on a 10 day trip, the last day comes too quickly! Originally I had scheduled MK with lunch at Tony's for my last day plans but woke up feeling I really needed more time at AK. So a quick switch of park reservations and I was set! I finished packing up my room and got my Owner's Locker organized. Soon Bell Services was there to store everything for the day and I did one last sweep of the room to make sure I hadn't left anything behind. Then I was on my way to AK!

Just as I was heading towards Dino Land, Kevin appeared. This was another great sighting with Kevin responding to the guests and just generally being awesome!

93175686-5525-4F67-8747-41444FBCCCDF.jpeg

Next up was a meet with Daisy which was absolutely adorable!

A47F1AA0-0452-4050-A220-2D934EDE8D7A.jpeg
As I was walking towards EE, I noticed Minnie and Mickey only had a 2o minute wait. So I hopped in line and had a super fun interaction with them. Minnie loved my dress of course!
AA402178-E4CF-4341-8062-82151343ABDF.jpeg
I managed to get on EE using the single rider lane within 10 minutes and it was super fun as always. I strolled the Maharajah trail for a while, then decided to stop for a treat. I love Mickey ice cream sandwiches!

47A63D99-ED7A-46AE-AA77-C19632D132CE.jpeg

Next up was a lovely last day lunch at my favourite spot.
6393602E-EFCF-49AC-99A4-A92FA0490E45.jpeg

I went for the chicken and rice bowl which sadly doesn't seem to be on the menu anymore.
127861FF-21C5-4F54-8D2A-9D3CA52885C3.jpeg
Of course I had to have churros!
E2F51C61-DF3C-4BDE-9CF3-5609A3FE7099.jpeg

I went for something different today and chose the Snow Leopard Salvation (Grey Goose Vodka, Belle de Brillet Pear Liqueur, Mint, and Lime Juice topped with Ginger Beer) for my drink, I really enjoyed this. It was awesome to take in the beautiful surroundings while sitting out on the deck and reflect on all the fun I had on my trip.
E117E1C0-30D3-4138-8E12-F76B4FD48274.jpeg
I adore the murals Disney has up and am always proud that they are inclusive and welcoming to all.
11D9ED55-4902-4C75-81D7-AE87F9058A2F.jpeg
Sadly I had to head back to OKW for my Mears pickup and was soon back at MCO. Of course I stopped by my favourite little spot near my gate for a leaving Orlando bevvie and some time to relax before my flight home.
3BED2BAB-B1D4-43B8-A30B-856AB4361150.jpeg

Thank you to all who joined in on this report! I always love the chat and am happy that I have made many friends through these boards. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and many blessings in 2024!

See you real soon!

Susan ❤️

Last edited:
Even on a 10 day trip, the last day comes too quickly!
I don't know, I often find that by day 10 I'm missing my kitties and ready to go home....
I managed to get on EE using the single rider lane within 10 minutes and it was super fun as always.
I can't wait to ride this in April. It was closed on my last trip which was almost two years ago.
I went for something different today and chose the Snow Leopard Salvation (Grey Goose Vodka, Belle de Brillet Pear Liqueur, Mint, and Lime Juice topped with Ginger Beer) for my drink, I really enjoyed this.
That sounds absolutely delicious! We are planning lunch at Tiffins on our trip and I would definitely like to order that. They do share a drink menu with the Nomad Lounge right?
I adore the murals Disney has up and am always proud that they are inclusive and welcoming to all.
I love that they do this, possibly just to taunt the Floridian establishment! ❤️
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and many blessings in 2024!

Merry Christmas to you as well! 🎅

Even on a 10 day trip, the last day comes too quickly!
I've never had a Disney trip that long, so I couldn't say, but... I can say that every last day comes too quickly!
So a quick switch of park reservations
How do you do that? Through the app I presume? Somehow? I usually have a limited amount of dates and don't change my parks once I've decided on it.
I did one last sweep of the room to make sure I hadn't left anything behind.
I was sure this was foreshadowing. Glad I was wrong.
Just as I was heading towards Dino Land, Kevin appeared. This was another great sighting with Kevin responding to the guests and just generally being awesome!
She's great. I'm amazed at the puppetry.
A47F1AA0-0452-4050-A220-2D934EDE8D7A.jpeg
Cute shot of you two. :)
Minnie loved my dress of course!
But of course!
I love Mickey ice cream sandwiches!
mmmm... yes. I could go for one right now.
Which means nothing since I could always go for one.
I went for the chicken and rice bowl which sadly doesn't seem to be on the menu anymore.
Too bad... that looks good.
Of course I had to have churros!
Really need to try those there!
I went for something different today and chose the Snow Leopard Salvation (Grey Goose Vodka, Belle de Brillet Pear Liqueur, Mint, and Lime Juice topped with Ginger Beer)
I've come close to ordering that, but... I'm not a big fan of ginger beer, so shy away from it.
::yes::
Thank you to all who joined in on this report! I always love the chat and am happy that I have made many friends through these boards. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and many blessings in 2024!
Thanks for writing and taking us with you on your journey! Merry Christmas to you too! :goodvibes

As I was walking towards EE, I noticed Minnie and Mickey only had a 2o minute wait. So I hopped in line and had a super fun interaction with them. Minnie loved my dress of course!
That is the cutest spot to get a picture with Minckey and Minnie. We did that once and it was a lot of fun.

It looks like you had a great trip. I can't wait to hear about your Christmas trip. :)

Have a Merry Christmas! :)

I don't know, I often find that by day 10 I'm missing my kitties and ready to go home....
I definitely was missing my kitties...they are pretty sweet!
That sounds absolutely delicious! We are planning lunch at Tiffins on our trip and I would definitely like to order that. They do share a drink menu with the Nomad Lounge right?
Yes, they do. It's a great drink.
I love that they do this, possibly just to taunt the Floridian establishment! ❤️
It's the best! Inclusivity always beats hatred. Last year there was a woman on the boat dock at WL who said "I wish they still said welcome ladies and gentleman, boys and girls". I just looked at her and replied "do you really think there are only two genders? The world is much more diverse than that." Then I added "Walt always wanted his parks to keep growing and changing to reflect the world around, not be stuck in a time that doesn't exist." Then I just smiled sweetly at her and wished her a magical evening!
Merry Christmas to you as well! 🎅
Enjoy your time with your family!
How do you do that? Through the app I presume? Somehow? I usually have a limited amount of dates and don't change my parks once I've decided on it.
Yes, just in the app. Although this won't be an issue anymore with no park reservation required for date based tickets.
She's great. I'm amazed at the puppetry.
::yes::
Cute shot of you two. :)
Thank you!
mmmm... yes. I could go for one right now.
Which means nothing since I could always go for one.
Same!
I've come close to ordering that, but... I'm not a big fan of ginger beer, so shy away from it.
It really didn't taste like ginger beer at all.
Thanks for writing and taking us with you on your journey! Merry Christmas to you too! :goodvibes
You're welcome! Enjoy Christmas...you might be in the only Canadian city having a white one!
What a fun trip. Thank you for sharing it with us! Happy holidays 😊
The same to you! :)
That is the cutest spot to get a picture with Minckey and Minnie. We did that once and it was a lot of fun.

It looks like you had a great trip. I can't wait to hear about your Christmas trip. :)

Have a Merry Christmas! :)
Merry Christmas to you and Dana!

It's the best! Inclusivity always beats hatred. Last year there was a woman on the boat dock at WL who said "I wish they still said welcome ladies and gentleman, boys and girls". I just looked at her and replied "do you really think there are only two genders? The world is much more diverse than that." Then I added "Walt always wanted his parks to keep growing and changing to reflect the world around, not be stuck in a time that doesn't exist." Then I just smiled sweetly at her and wished her a magical evening!

I never really thought about that phrase, but your reply made me tear up. Since Fran passed, I've made three new Trans friends, and also realized that quite a few of my women friends use the pronouns they/them. I've always had empathy for folks who felt they were born in the wrong body, but I never understood the humanity of their struggles until we sat down and talked about their situation.

People who refuse to recognize this fact are just ignorant and fearful of change. I won't say anymore because it's best if I just leave it there. But you and I are lucky to feel comfortable with our love of Disney dresses and feeling happy with ourselves they way we were born.

People who refuse to recognize this fact are just ignorant and fearful of change. I won't say anymore because it's best if I just leave it there. But you and I are lucky to feel comfortable with our love of Disney dresses and feeling happy with ourselves they way we were born.

My youngest sister came out in 1992 and I was the first person she told. She has always been loved and accepted in our family but I know there were people who ostracized her for being who she is. My other sisters youngest child transitioned (FtM) and when Milo told me about his journey all I said to him was “it’s the greatest honour and privilege of my life that you trust me with the core of who you are.” Love is all that matters.

Love your Minnie Dress.

Your last day was just perfect. I would love to have a 10-day solo trip someday. Thanks for sharing yours.

Love your Minnie Dress.

Your last day was just perfect. I would love to have a 10-day solo trip someday. Thanks for sharing yours.
Thank you! It's another Ambrie dress. I love them so much. :)

I worried that 10 days might be too much on my own but I loved it! Maybe I should do 14 days next.....:)

Thanks so much for joinng in and commenting along.

Thank you for another wonderful trip report! I love reading about your solo reports. I believe there a quite a few of us here on the DIS who have now daydreamed about some perfect solo time in the parks. :goodvibes

Hope your holidays are going well, and you're taking time to rest and enjoy the break before diving back into work!

Since you revived this report with your PTR link I figured I could add a few comments about your last few days!

Your relaxing day at the WL and the Savor the Savanna Tour sounded wonderful! I’ve only done one Disney Tour (KTTK) but loved it and would love to do more.

Your time at OKW also sounded lovely. So much relaxing pool time and good food and drinks.

Also, WOW, 20 minutes for Rise?! That’s amazing! What a fantastic end to an evening when combined with Fantasmic. I’d love to see Galaxy’s Edge at night (as well as Toy Story Land) as they look beautiful - we’ll see if I can pull that off on a trip with two small children!

Thank you so much for sharing your trip. I’m off to join your PTR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter