Of course there are free cabanas......a fabulous 10 day summer solo trip! August 19-29/23. New PTR link 02/25

Off to University!
I was sure this was a "Universal" typo or something...
I was up bright and early on another glorious day and had only one thought in mind…..pool time!
:laughing:
When I think up early at Disney, it's for rope drop. :)
As you can see, it was terribly crowded.
Packed! Jammed! How ever did you manage?
I was heading off to Coronado Springs for Sangria University!
Cool! (And now I see it was no typo.)
Originally I thought I would boat to Disney Springs and take the CSR bus but that felt too complicated so I opted for a Lyft instead.
Yeah. I've done that. Faster, and fairly inexpensive.
Gran Destino tower. It is stunning and I am so looking forward to staying there in just 6 days!
Soon!!
There was a cava, a white, a rose and a red sangria. We learned the history of sangria and the CM leading the class shared lots of information about the resort as well.
That sounds pretty good. :)
The view from Three Bridges ….just beautiful!
Not too shabby. ::yes::
We got to make our own Sangria as well. I went for Cava, Stoli vanilla vodka and fresh raspberry purée. It was fabulous! What a super fun experience!!
That's great! :)
B8C0D742-E6C5-431F-9DD1-7CE0C3DFB476.jpeg
Heh. I wonder what response you'd get if you took that to a local bar and asked for a job.
:lmao:

What a fun morning and afternoon. Andi and Kait loved Three Bridges! They went there almost every evening when we were there in January 2022.
The sangria university is right up my alley. I love a good sangria!
I really hope we can sneak some Three Bridges time into our packed schedule. :)
I was sure this was a "Universal" typo or something...
I have never been to the dark side....maybe one day!
When I think up early at Disney, it's for rope drop. :)
I naturally wake up by 5 am. I really wish I could sleep longer but I can't. Works well for Disney trips though!
Packed! Jammed! How ever did you manage?
Luckily I am smart and resourceful so I was able to figure it out....

I have never been to the dark side....maybe one day!
You might like it. :)

But... it's not Disney. ;)
I naturally wake up by 5 am. I really wish I could sleep longer but I can't. Works well for Disney trips though!
I guess it would!
With my work schedule, my sleep is all over the map.
Luckily I am smart and resourceful so I was able to figure it out....
:laughing:

I aspire to vacation like you. Every trip I promise that THIS time, I'm going to relax more, spend more time at the pool, etc. And every trip, I return home exhausted from getting up by 6:45 every day to make genie+ selections and running to every park, every ride, etc. I know the April trip is going to be weird because of the wedding in the middle so...now I'm thinking I need to plan a future trip and FORCE myself to vacation like you!!!

I wasn't aware of this class until I saw your post about it. What an interesting and varied activity to do. Just goes to show Disney is about so much more than characters and attractions.
The sangria you created sounds delicious!

I definitely need to add Sangria University to my list for next winter's trip! I bet I could even talk hubby into it 😉

Safe travels on your trip and hope y'all have a great time.

Loved your relaxing morning. Someday I need to try this.

Your University class sounds excellent, so glad you graduated.

You might like it. :)

But... it's not Disney. ;)
I might try it one day. I do love Harry Potter so that would be fun to see.
I aspire to vacation like you. Every trip I promise that THIS time, I'm going to relax more, spend more time at the pool, etc. And every trip, I return home exhausted from getting up by 6:45 every day to make genie+ selections and running to every park, every ride, etc. I know the April trip is going to be weird because of the wedding in the middle so...now I'm thinking I need to plan a future trip and FORCE myself to vacation like you!!!
I think the big change for me was when I bought into DVC. I know I'm going to be back so feel no need to rush around. If I don't do something, there's always another trip!
I wasn't aware of this class until I saw your post about it. What an interesting and varied activity to do. Just goes to show Disney is about so much more than characters and attractions.
The sangria you created sounds delicious!
I saw other Disers post about this class in the past and thought it looked fun. And it certainly was! I think you would enjoy it, Alicia. :)
I definitely need to add Sangria University to my list for next winter's trip! I bet I could even talk hubby into it 😉
It really is a lot of fun!
Safe travels on your trip and hope y'all have a great time.

Loved your relaxing morning. Someday I need to try this.

Your University class sounds excellent, so glad you graduated.
Thank you so much, Vanessa!

Just wait for a fun trip with Dennis and the two of you can kick back and chill all you want. :goodvibes

Popping in to say tomorrow is Disney Day!

I work tomorrow then am on the 8pm flight out of Toronto tomorrow evening! I am all packed, checked in for my flight and feeling excited! Can't wait to be in the bubble!

Popping in to say tomorrow is Disney Day!

I work tomorrow then am on the 8pm flight out of Toronto tomorrow evening! I am all packed, checked in for my flight and feeling excited! Can't wait to be in the bubble!

Have a great time!

I'm excited too because I'm picking up a Canadian and some new friends tomorrow for a Disneyland adventure. While I don't get to stay overnight tomorrow, I will on Saturday and I can't wait for that!

Have a great time!

I'm excited too because I'm picking up a Canadian and some new friends tomorrow for a Disneyland adventure. While I don't get to stay overnight tomorrow, I will on Saturday and I can't wait for that!
Hope you had so much fun at DL!
Uni does a wonderful job of bringing that world to life.
One day I will get there. :)
Have a great trip!!!!
Thank you!
I hope you have a wonderful holiday trip!
Thank you!

Good morning friends! It's hard to believe that one week ago I was getting ready to head to Hollywood Studios with the lovely @disneyAndi14 ! We had so much fun and will be doing a report together for that trip. But first I need to wrap up the last two days of my summer extravaganza!

I was heading to Epcot on the Monday morning to meet up with my friend and work colleague who was doing 1 park day after a cruise. They had the DAS pass reserved for Soaring and the CM was kind enough to allow me to join their party. It was lovely to see them and enjoy some time together in the park.
0EFA699C-87C8-4CEC-A3B1-16009BED7AF3.jpeg
I was feeling hungry and decided to try the Chilaquiles at Flavours of America. This was fantastic but very rich and filling. It might be better on a cool day rather than the swamp like heat of August.
CFE16C7B-C5A3-49E5-9C31-E004F84C6B0B.jpeg
I enjoyed strolling through World Showcase and taking in the beautiful day. I finished up my Remy scavenger hunt as I went. I had a Guardians ILL booked so headed in that direction. But first I decided to stop in the Odyssey building for some AC and a chance to try the Cider flight. This was absolutely delicious with three great choices (Tropicolada Hard Cider, Raspberry Lemonade Cider and the Peach Berry Hard Cider).
8770F296-0C50-4F11-A7AA-5CFE65EA0A89.jpeg
After GotG, I went to pick up my scavenger hunt prize which was a super cute insulated lunch bag. I happened to pass by the Australia booth and picked up the Leamington cake which was fab! It's a yellow cake with a raspberry filling, chocolate icing and coconut. Feeling full and happy, I decided to head back to the resort for a little R&R . I was starting to worry about the impending hurricane (Idalia) and wanted to check how the weather was progressing.
9804E63F-1BCB-4A0F-81AA-3A689C678546.jpeg
Of course I had to stop for some photos on the way out!
2B2FA704-B9E6-4928-AC2D-69DDB32A66D0.jpeg

A386F9A9-D04A-4B33-A271-60D7CD7395B0.jpeg
Arriving back at my room, I watched the weather predictions for a bit. It was not looking good! I was feeling nervous about my flight for the following evening and decided to check if I could add an extra evening or two if things got bad. Luckily that was not a problem which made me feel so much better. I headed out to my balcony with a delicious gin and tonic while I pondered my plans for the evening.
1B9EE75B-D861-4EA1-AC89-7C820C2FBFBA.jpeg
Ultimately I decided on a relaxing resort evening rather than heading to MK for fireworks. Olivias had walk up availability so I headed there. I went for their fabulous house salad (Mixed Greens, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Quinoa, Avocado, Orange, Toasted Almonds, and Key Lime Vinaigrette) along with a glass of iced tea.
DADBCB05-2584-45FA-B2EE-BEA5A159C263.jpeg
I also chose the Crab Cakes (Pan-seared and served with Jalapeño Aïoli, Grilled Pineapple Salsa, and Chayote Slaw).These were excellent with lovely fresh crab and very little filler.

68410BFF-8E65-43C3-B88A-3C1EEE19364C.jpeg

I followed my yummy dinner with an Orange Bird hunt around the resort before heading back to my room to relax on the balcony. It had been another perfect Disney day!

6D31DAA2-F1CE-4D03-BDCB-D2F5A7F18217.jpeg

Last edited:
Good morning friends! It's hard to believe that one week ago I was getting ready to head to Hollywood Studios with the lovely @disneyAndi14 ! We had so much fun and will be doing a report together for that trip.
I can't wait to read all about it!
They had the DAS pass reserved for Soaring and the CM was kind enough to allow me to join their party.
That was very nice of the CM to let you join!
I was feeling hungry and decided to try the Chilaquiles at Flavours of America. This was fantastic but very rich and filling. It might be better on a cool day rather than the swamp like heat of August.
I've never had Chilaquiles. The idea of soggy chops never appealed to me! :laughing:
But first I decided to stop in the Odyssey building for some AC and a chance to try the Cider flight. This was absolutely delicious with three great choices (Tropicolada Hard Cider, Raspberry Lemonade Cider and the Peach Berry Hard Cider).
That sounds very tasty!
Australia booth and picked up the Leamington cake which was fab! It's a yellow cake with a raspberry filling, chocolate icing and coconut.
Nope. No thanks. I thought i saw coconut on there.
Ultimately I decided on a relaxing resort evening rather than heading to MK for fireworks. Olivias had walk up availability so I headed there.

Olivia's is usually an excellent choice!

I can't wait to read all about it!
I can't wait to relive it! It was the best. :goodvibes
That was very nice of the CM to let you join!
So kind!
I've never had Chilaquiles. The idea of soggy chops never appealed to me! :laughing:
I'm glad I tried it but I don't know if it's something I would have again.
That sounds very tasty!
Absolutely!
Nope. No thanks. I thought i saw coconut on there.
You and @pkondz ! Coconut is one of those things you either like or you don't. No middle ground there!
Olivia's is usually an excellent choice!
It really is! The CMs are lovely there too. :)

We had so much fun and will be doing a report together for that trip.
Great! :) Can't wait to hear all about it. :)
They had the DAS pass reserved for Soaring and the CM was kind enough to allow me to join their party.
Note to self: Susan likes to scope out people with DAS passes and glom on to them to avoid waiting.
I was feeling hungry and decided to try the Chilaquiles
First I had to Google what those were. (Although I may have done that before... not sure.)
But first I decided to stop in the Odyssey building for some AC and a chance to try the Cider flight. This was absolutely delicious with three great choices (Tropicolada Hard Cider, Raspberry Lemonade Cider and the Peach Berry Hard Cider).
mmm... all three sound good to me.
After GotG
Have fun? How did you feel after? I know for some people, it makes them a bit nauseous.
picked up the Leamington cake which was fab! It's a yellow cake with a raspberry filling, chocolate icing and coconut.
Nope, nope, noppity nope.
Alison already was smart and covered this.
Cute pic. :)
You look so happy! :goodvibes
I also chose the Crab Cakes (Pan-seared and served with Jalapeño Aïoli, Grilled Pineapple Salsa, and Chayote Slaw).These were excellent with lovely fresh crab and very little filler.
That sounds good!
I followed my yummy dinner with an Orange Bird hunt around the resort
Oh! I wonder if that's new. I don't think that was a thing when we stayed there.
It had been another perfect Disney day!
:goodvibes

We loved that cider flight in the Odyssey Building!
Looks like a wonderful chill day!
The food at Olivia’s looks delicious!
I wish I had some of that pimentos dip from the Boathouse that was so tasty!

Note to self: Susan likes to scope out people with DAS passes and glom on to them to avoid waiting.
A girl has to have a strategy after all........
mmm... all three sound good to me.
They were great!
Have fun? How did you feel after? I know for some people, it makes them a bit nauseous.
I have no issues on GoTG. That was my 8th time riding and it gets better every time. :)
You look so happy! :goodvibes
Always happy in the bubble!
Oh! I wonder if that's new. I don't think that was a thing when we stayed there.
I think it's newish? I don't remember seeing this when we stayed at OKW in March '22. I thought it was really cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter