Of course there are free cabanas......a fabulous 10 day summer solo trip! August 19-29/23. New PTR link 02/25

This was a longer walk than expected
And that's why I've never wanted to stay at that resort. Just too wide-spread!
8BC77D85-B0C6-43CD-ADEE-FC81A659319F.jpeg
Really nice photo of you, Susan. :)
My plan was to head for Galaxy’s Edge as I had never been there at night.
Isn't it great?
Although... I think all of Disney looks better at night. :laughing:
I strolled by Rise and had to do a double take as the standby wait was listed at 20 minutes!!!
Typo there. You accidentally typed "20 minutes"... I'm sure you meant 200.

:rolleyes:
Friends, it was a walk on!! I didn’t stop until I got to the Rey holographic
I'm shocked! This... I mean...

Are you sure you weren't dreaming???
My attempt at a scared face, lol!
:lmao:
Ooohhh... you look terrified. :scared1:
I am not the biggest fan of Fantasmic but it was really lovely. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and felt it was the perfect ending to a perfect day!
:goodvibes

And that's why I've never wanted to stay at that resort. Just too wide-spread!
It is a massive resort! First you walk all day in the parks, then you come back and walk everywhere at your resort. My preference is for a more compact resort. I like the All Stars for a quick stay when not using DVC points or Gran Destino tower. Caroline and I are there on our trip next week!
Really nice photo of you, Susan. :)
Thank you!
Although... I think all of Disney looks better at night. :laughing:
It really does! I love the parks in the evening.
'm shocked! This... I mean...

Are you sure you weren't dreaming???
I was walking along the queue and thinking it must stop soon and then I'll wait for a while but it just kept going!

I just found out about this TR and your upcoming trip. I'm subbing in so I can come back and read!

As long as you don’t get a building a mile away in the back!
Right??? Although when I stayed at Movies, I was in the Love Bug section and didn't find the walk too bad at all.
I just found out about this TR and your upcoming trip. I'm subbing in so I can come back and read!
Hi Alison!! So happy to have you here! :goodvibes

Now see, Fantasmic is my FAVORITE!!! I can hear the music for each of your pictures. That is a show I will happily sit and wait for an hour. I haven't been back to see it since the great pause. But in April - one of my top priorities.

Right??? Although when I stayed at Movies, I was in the Love Bug section and didn't find the walk too bad at all.
You got me curious.
I measured the walking distance between the bus stop at Cinema Hall to the main entrance of Love Bug, vs the bus stop at Melody Hall to Country Fair.
The latter is longer. 0.3 miles compared to 0.2 miles.
Trust me... it feels far. I won't willingly do that again.

I'm trying to catch up all at once, so not multi-quoting, just jotting down little thoughts as I get through each page!

I love your dishes! I just have a coffee cup in my OL. I use the dishes they provide also because I do a lot more meals in the room. I suppose next trip I'll be clearing some stuff out of the owner's locker that wasn't mine. 😢

I like the way you tour! Perhaps one of our trips will overlap sometime. I should consider a solo trip to WDW. I do have friends there that could break up the solo time visits. Lord knows I have enough points!

That elephant tour sounds really fun! I hope they keep it long enough for me to get back there.

I love your Christmas plans! On your monorail crawl are you just doing that by visiting the bars or have you booked an actual dining option?

OK, that next day was SUPER long! I probably might have given up when you sat down in China. Then again, I've never been on Guardians and I can't wait to try it in April! That was quite a full day, you packed in a lot of rides and a lot of food!

The Boulder Ridge building itself is the railway hotel while the Copper Creek cabins represent the cabins erected for the railway workers.
OK this I had to quote. That's neat! And I can't wait to stay in one this April! We have very sparse park plans cause I can't wait to have a hot tub on the patio!

I'm totally going to try and work that Savannah tour into my April trip Itinerary. That sounds so awesome!

I also love the relaxing part about owning DVC. You don't have to rush around cause you know that you will be back. I find it difficult because of the pandemic and not having been to WDW much in the last five or so years. I think I'm going to make up for that and I may even add in another trip, this time solo! Reading this TR is making me think of some crazy travel plans. I'm not sure if you are reading any of my current TRs, but I've had some fairly aggressive travel plans for the last three months. :laughing:

Hi Alison!! So happy to have you here! :goodvibes

Thanks! And it looks like I'm all caught up here!

Now see, Fantasmic is my FAVORITE!!! I can hear the music for each of your pictures. That is a show I will happily sit and wait for an hour. I haven't been back to see it since the great pause. But in April - one of my top priorities.
I really enjoyed it this past trip...maybe it is growing on me! I bet you are looking forward to seeing it again. Will you book one of the dinner packages?
You got me curious.
I measured the walking distance between the bus stop at Cinema Hall to the main entrance of Love Bug, vs the bus stop at Melody Hall to Country Fair.
The latter is longer. 0.3 miles compared to 0.2 miles.
Trust me... it feels far. I won't willingly do that again.
Well knowing the way you tour from open to close, I can see that any extra walking would not be high on your list.
I love your dishes! I just have a coffee cup in my OL. I use the dishes they provide also because I do a lot more meals in the room. I suppose next trip I'll be clearing some stuff out of the owner's locker that wasn't mine. 😢
I've only stayed in studios so far and they just have disposable dishes, so getting my own dishes and cutlery felt like a good plan.

It won't be easy going through your Owner's Locker and seeing some of Fran's things there. Hopefully they bring you some nice memories of special times shared together.
I like the way you tour! Perhaps one of our trips will overlap sometime. I should consider a solo trip to WDW. I do have friends there that could break up the solo time visits. Lord knows I have enough points!
Thank you! I definitely take a more relaxed approach to the parks and love to build in some relaxation. It would be great to overlap one day...my Disfriends who have met you have nothing but good to say. Plus we have our mutual love of Disney dresses to chat about!
That elephant tour sounds really fun! I hope they keep it long enough for me to get back there.
It's lovely! I hope you get to experience it.
I love your Christmas plans! On your monorail crawl are you just doing that by visiting the bars or have you booked an actual dining option?
I am so excited for our Christmas trip! We are going to have a great time! We are planning on starting off the night at Geyser Point or Territory Lounge then taking the launch to the Contemporary for Steakhouse 71 Lounge. Then monorail to the Polynesian for Tambu Lounge followed by Enchanted Rose at the GF. We will probably try for Trader Sam's as well.
OK, that next day was SUPER long! I probably might have given up when you sat down in China. Then again, I've never been on Guardians and I can't wait to try it in April! That was quite a full day, you packed in a lot of rides and a lot of food!
It was a super busy and fun day...I can tell you my feet were sore by the end of the night. Guardians is such fun! I can't wait to ride again next week. :)
OK this I had to quote. That's neat! And I can't wait to stay in one this April! We have very sparse park plans cause I can't wait to have a hot tub on the patio!
So you are staying in one of the Cascade Cabins? So, so lovely!! I have toured them but have never stayed in one. I am sure you will LOVE it!
I'm totally going to try and work that Savannah tour into my April trip Itinerary. That sounds so awesome!
Savour the Savannah is hands down one of the best things I have ever done at Disney. I highly recommend it.
I also love the relaxing part about owning DVC. You don't have to rush around cause you know that you will be back. I find it difficult because of the pandemic and not having been to WDW much in the last five or so years. I think I'm going to make up for that and I may even add in another trip, this time solo! Reading this TR is making me think of some crazy travel plans. I'm not sure if you are reading any of my current TRs, but I've had some fairly aggressive travel plans for the last three months. :laughing:
I need to get over to your Egypt TR. I was following along on FB but need the details. What an experience!!

So you are staying in one of the Cascade Cabins? So, so lovely!! I have toured them but have never stayed in one. I am sure you will LOVE it!
Is that what they're called? Cascade Cabins? I've stayed in a Poly Bungalow and when I heard about these, I had to stay there! There are four of us for four nights. I can't wait!
I need to get over to your Egypt TR. I was following along on FB but need the details. What an experience!!

I've already posted quite a few updates, but we've barely gotten started. I've figured out that there will be almost 50 updates in the TR. Posting every third day, I'll be lucky to finish the TR before my April trip to WDW! :laughing:

Off to University!

I was up bright and early on another glorious day and had only one thought in mind…..pool time!
D866F094-844D-44F5-8539-C489B3B77627.jpeg

As you can see, it was terribly crowded. How would I ever find a shady lounger? I just love relaxing poolside and came prepared today with my book, my refillable mug, snacks and a beer.487A8F8B-732D-4A27-95CF-06852019CFAE.jpeg
No fellow Canadians today but plenty of other friendly DVC members who also love Old Key West. It was a perfect morning. I had to wrap it up by about 12:30 as I was heading off to Coronado Springs for Sangria University!

Originally I thought I would boat to Disney Springs and take the CSR bus but that felt too complicated so I opted for a Lyft instead. The drive took less than 10 minutes and I was soon walking through the beautiful Gran Destino tower. It is stunning and I am so looking forward to staying there in just 6 days!

Sangria University is held at Three Bridges Bar and Grill. It’s a perfect location as even on a hot August afternoon, there were breezes off the water and of course it is completely shaded from the sun. We started with a tower of their most popular sangrias. There was a cava, a white, a rose and a red sangria. We learned the history of sangria and the CM leading the class shared lots of information about the resort as well.

38D2A834-0FB3-41E8-A743-9ADBFBD3FCEA.jpeg
There was a snack of chips and guacamole to munch on too.
68B7EF8C-29E3-4D5C-85CA-89ABFC38CEB8.jpeg
The view from Three Bridges ….just beautiful!

DE515746-16EC-490C-80B0-687B6EC819D4.jpeg

We got to make our own Sangria as well. I went for Cava, Stoli vanilla vodka and fresh raspberry purée. It was fabulous! What a super fun experience!!

DCEC1EDF-D17F-41A9-93F8-A15E467C9DC7.jpeg

11537C67-AB5A-4D52-AD1A-36EB76689DBA.jpeg

Here’s my graduation picture and diploma! I highly recommend this experience and it is very reasonable at $59/pp.

9D06D774-3670-4B67-8E90-A9218213CE6B.jpeg

B8C0D742-E6C5-431F-9DD1-7CE0C3DFB476.jpeg

It was time to head out to the Polynesian as I was meeting a Disboards friend, Billie, for dinner at Kona Cafe followed by an evening at Magic Kingdom. That’s next!

Last edited:
I aspire to take a solo trip like you do!!! Each day is better and better!
Thanks Ariella! I really hope you do a solo trip one day...it's so much fun! Plus a wife and mother who is always thinking of her family, it is very freeing to only have to think about yourself. :goodvibes
Is that what they're called? Cascade Cabins? I've stayed in a Poly Bungalow and when I heard about these, I had to stay there! There are four of us for four nights. I can't wait!
You will have the best time!! Plus Geyser Point is one of my favourite places on property and you are just a quick walk from all the fun there!
I've already posted quite a few updates, but we've barely gotten started. I've figured out that there will be almost 50 updates in the TR. Posting every third day, I'll be lucky to finish the TR before my April trip to WDW! :laughing:
Hopping over there now to read and sub in!

I love WDW with family, but there's just something about a solo trip that hits different. I love the ability to just follow whatever whims pop into my brain. The food pics were great! And congrats on the upcoming trip 1 WEEK away!

We are at WDW right now and I thought of you twice. Once when having a Cascadia Sangria at Geyser Point and once when listening to the special Christmas show at the Canada Voyageurs in Epcot. Both were great. :)

I had to wrap it up by about 12:30 as I was heading off to Coronado Springs for Sangria University!
I remember seeing that post on FB!
I was soon walking through the beautiful Gran Destino tower. It is stunning and I am so looking forward to staying there in just 6 days!
Have a great time!
We started with a tower of their most popular sangrias.
That looks amazing!
We got to make our own Sangria as well. I went for Cava, Stoli vanilla vodka and fresh raspberry purée. It was fabulous! What a super fun experience!!
Sounds delicious!
I highly recommend this experience and it is very reasonable at $59/pp.
I'm thinking about a soloish trip in January of 2025 and I will make sure to put this on the list if they still offer it!
You will have the best time!! Plus Geyser Point is one of my favourite places on property and you are just a quick walk from all the fun there!
I think that might be a great late afternoon, kick off to the evening spot. One of our nights we are planning to go to Trader Sam's. We might start at Geyser Point!

Sangria university looks like a fun thing to do especially after you were rushed off your feet in the morning with all that relaxing pool time 😂
Love that you brought drinks and snacks to ensure ultimate relaxation at the pool. You and I think a lot alike 😘

I love WDW with family, but there's just something about a solo trip that hits different. I love the ability to just follow whatever whims pop into my brain. The food pics were great! And congrats on the upcoming trip 1 WEEK away!
I love time at the parks with my DH and with my boys but none of them love the parks the way I do. On solo trips I totally indulge myself which is the best ever!
We are at WDW right now and I thought of you twice. Once when having a Cascadia Sangria at Geyser Point and once when listening to the special Christmas show at the Canada Voyageurs in Epcot. Both were great. :)
Aww, thanks Sue! Too bad I am missing you and Dana by just a few days. Glad you had my favourite drink at my favourite bar. I've actually never seen the Voyageurs as I can't stand the Canadian pavilion. It's such a poor representation of Canada to the point it's embarrassing.
That looks amazing!
It was SO good!
I'm thinking about a soloish trip in January of 2025 and I will make sure to put this on the list if they still offer it!
I think you would absolutely love this experience!
I think that might be a great late afternoon, kick off to the evening spot. One of our nights we are planning to go to Trader Sam's. We might start at Geyser Point!
It's such a chill vibe. If you are sitting at the bar, look for Josh. He makes everyone feel like family.
Sangria university looks like a fun thing to do especially after you were rushed off your feet in the morning with all that relaxing pool time 😂
Love that you brought drinks and snacks to ensure ultimate relaxation at the pool. You and I think a lot alike 😘
A girl has to be prepared after all! Sangria University is so fun, I am really glad I went.

What a fun morning and afternoon. Andi and Kait loved Three Bridges! They went there almost every evening when we were there in January 2022.
The sangria university is right up my alley. I love a good sangria!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter