• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Off Topic but do you (women) wear make-up while at the parks

Bare minerals, lip gloss, liquid eyeliner and I get my eye lashes tinted before I leave. I would never leave the house without make-up

Nope, just some chapstick and sunscreen. I find that when I wear makeup I break out more.

Another vote for sunscreen (lots and often) and chapstick, although I've recently converted to using the True Shimmer chapstick for just a little color and shine!

This thread amuses me, because I live in Florida. Wearing makeup to Disney (which I will) is just like wearing makeup on any other day in the Florida heat and humidity.:) I don't cake it on, but I do wear it.

Count me in as another who wears make-up as well. I wear Bare Minerals foundation, a swipe of mascara and some chapstick to keep my lips from getting sunburn.

At home, I wear eyeshadow and blush, but skip those for the parks. :goodvibes

This is exactly what I do...:)

I wear a little less than I do at home, but I can't go out without some make-up - I feel naked! Facial moisturizer with sunscreen, tinted lip-gloss with sunscreen and waterproof mascara are all I use during the day. When I freshen up for dinner, I add some eyeshadow. My hair is always up in a ponytail or a twist - I can't bear to feel it on my neck in the heat and humidity. :scared:

:sunny:

Yeah I do and my makeup lasts all day long. I never have a problem.

I've tried to do makeup, but it just ends up sweating off. Now I just slather on sunscreen and wear sunglasses to hide the makeup-less eyes! A tinted lip balm with SPF and then I'm ready to go!!

I did for our trip because I knew we'd be taking lots of pictures. That said, we went at the end of October. If I were going during the summer, I probably wouldn't bother. (Although I will NEVER go during the summer.)

That is a good question. I want to look good in pictures but I have a bad habit of rubbing my face when I'm hot. So it prob wouldn't be worth the effort.

We used to go in February and I did then, because it wasn't hot. But now we go in September (free dining) and it is so humid and rainy that I don't bother. :confused3

:thumbsup2 Me too. Bare Minerals is the best vacation make-up.

I haven't read through this whole thread yet, but keep seeing Bare Minerals coming up and want to know more. I have a lot of trouble with foundation. I don't like heavy things, but need some coverage, and I have a hard time finding the right shade. (Usually a line's lightest will make me look chalky, but the next lightest will not match my neck.)

Is this stuff really that good? How are the colors? And where do you get it?

Thanks!!

I do wear makeup at WDW. I normally skip the foundation and powder early in the day and stick with the eyes and lips. I want to look nice in pictures. :)

I haven't read through this whole thread yet, but keep seeing Bare Minerals coming up and want to know more. I have a lot of trouble with foundation. I don't like heavy things, but need some coverage, and I have a hard time finding the right shade. (Usually a line's lightest will make me look chalky, but the next lightest will not match my neck.)

Is this stuff really that good? How are the colors? And where do you get it?

Thanks!!

I have the same problem with matching foundation (LIGHT skinned) and not liking heavy makeup (acne problems) and I swear by it. I think it might have some sort of light reflecting minerals in it since it always seems to blend perfectly from face to neck. I think the best way to buy is find a bare minerals store near you and have them match your shade, which I did, but some other places might sell it, check out their website, it might say where the stores are. :)

Gosh Id love to be at the place where I am so comfotable/happy with my skin I would skip foundation. :sad2:
Either way. I use Bare Minerals too. Light and covers. Its nice and doesnt aggravate my skin which breaks out ALOT

I wear my make-up every day at home here in the UK - trust me, there's no humidity here :lmao:

BUT, when I went to WDW last year, I didn't really wear any. I think I took the holiday thing a little too far and even stopped putting my make-up on :rotfl2: I will say though, before next year's trip I'll most definitely be taking a trip to my local beauty salon and getting my eyelashes tinted - I'm blonde and was totally mortified when I had no mascara to make me look like I actually had some eyelashes! :scared:

Other than that, it'll just be my chapstick with sunscreen in for me! :thumbsup2

I ALWAYS wear makeup at Disney and everywhere else we go. I don't want to confuse anyone and they think I am an evil disney villian and come have their pic taken with me....:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter