• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Off Topic but do you (women) wear make-up while at the parks

I have the same problem with matching foundation (LIGHT skinned) and not liking heavy makeup (acne problems) and I swear by it. I think it might have some sort of light reflecting minerals in it since it always seems to blend perfectly from face to neck. I think the best way to buy is find a bare minerals store near you and have them match your shade, which I did, but some other places might sell it, check out their website, it might say where the stores are. :)
I have used Bare Minerals before and liked the results, however, it is a little too much trouble for me (too many steps). I don't use it for my everyday make up, but do use it on vacation.

I get a Spray Tan, Use Lip Gloss and waterproof mascara..

Do spray tans actually work? I have never done one, and I am so pale I think that they would make me look orange. Are there different shades of spray tan? I am going in September, and I would love to look tan, as opposed to my normal ghost shade. I would at least like to have some color right after the summer season :) This is when I usually hibernate because I burn so easily. :rotfl:

When getting a spray tan, do you have to get naked, or can you wear a swimsuit or something. I am pretty modest, and the naked thing embarasses me...ALOT :blush:

Thanks for any info!

You read alot about the ladies with blonde lashes that say they need mascara to make their lashes show up, but what about all the brunette ladies out there. Do you wear mascara? My lashes are dark, thick, and fairly long, but I like to curl them. Without mascara the curl doesn't last of course. Anyone use the clear masaca? Does it hold the curl and is it any good?

For those ladies that want their lashes to show up, try the Kiss Me Heroine Volume or Curl mascaras from Japan. I made the mistake of buying a tube of both on ebay and they make your lashes soooo long that they look fake. Due to her age and her glasses my mom has very short, sparse, gray lashes that never show up. I tried some of the Kiss Me Heroine mascara on her one day when she was complaining about having NO lashes and we were both shocked. She looked like she had long curling doll lashes. I swear they looked like I had applied a pair of the longest fake lashes I could find. I love how the mascara seperates, thickens, and defines each lash. I also like how it never smears or flakes and lasts until I use cleansing oil to take it off. However, I don't like how it makes my lashes look too long and fake. It'd be great for people with short pale lashes though.

This type of thread is a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it over there now.

I wear make-up every day, so it's kind of second nature to throw it on when going to a theme park.

I have really sensitive skin and my make up has SPF in it, so I use that instead of sunscreen when I can.

I use make-up every day at the parks: foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush, and lipstick. I do my hair as well. We go in the summer and I never have a problem with makeup fading or melting off. The trick here is to use a primer (foundation, eyeshadow, and mascara). Your makeup will stay on all day throughout heat, humidity, and rain (yes, and even Splash Mountain). I use Monistat chafing gel as a foundation primer. No, I'm not nuts - I got the idea from the Make-up Clique thread on the Community board. It works very well and it's cheap!

Also, I use a mineral make-up but much prefer Everyday Minerals to Bare Minerals. It's cheaper, has a better color selection, no bismuth (causes me to itch) and it comes in a matte formula which I prefer due to my oily skin. You can find it here: http://www.everydayminerals.com

You glamour gals should join us on the Make-up Clique! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095509

Also, I use a mineral make-up but much prefer Everyday Minerals to Bare Minerals. It's cheaper, has a better color selection, no bismuth (causes me to itch) and it comes in a matte formula which I prefer due to my oily skin. You can find it here: http://www.everydayminerals.com

I was just about to post the same thing! I used to love my Bare Minerals, but could never quite figure out why my face would itch and burn slightly, especially when I was out in the heat. Then, two years ago during a June WDW trip, I broke out in a horrible, itchy, bumpy rash on my face, in the exact areas where I sweat the most (forehead and around my nose and chin). I did research when I got home and found out that it was probably the bismuth oxychloride in the Bare Minerals that caused the rash. I switched to Everyday Minerals, and have never had that problem again. Plus, it's way cheaper, and you can even order a free sample set consisting of three foundations, a blush, and a concealer, so you can try it out first. Love the stuff!

I was just about to post the same thing! I used to love my Bare Minerals, but could never quite figure out why my face would itch and burn slightly, especially when I was out in the heat. Then, two years ago during a June WDW trip, I broke out in a horrible, itchy, bumpy rash on my face, in the exact areas where I sweat the most (forehead and around my nose and chin). I did research when I got home and found out that it was probably the bismuth oxychloride in the Bare Minerals that caused the rash. I switched to Everyday Minerals, and have never had that problem again. Plus, it's way cheaper, and you can even order a free sample set consisting of three foundations, a blush, and a concealer, so you can try it out first. Love the stuff!

This happened to me as well but I thought it was a reaction to the heat. I've used Bare Minerals for a couple of years and rarely had problems until my skin was exposed to the southern states humidity.

Have you girls that use the Everyday Minerals had problems with breakouts at all? I have very sensitive skin.

I do wear a little. Really only on my lips to block them from the sun and a little on my eyes. Not a lot, I prefer the natual look. :)

This happened to me as well but I thought it was a reaction to the heat. I've used Bare Minerals for a couple of years and rarely had problems until my skin was exposed to the southern states humidity.

Have you girls that use the Everyday Minerals had problems with breakouts at all? I have very sensitive skin.

I thought the same thing, that it was just a heat rash or something. But, after doing the research, I realized it was the makeup. I go to college football games in the fall, and when it was hot, my face would itch and burn then. I wouldn't get a rash, but the makeup was definitely irritating my face. I think being out in the heat for 12 hours a day for several days in a row at Disney finally caused my face to react. I also had to quit using the Bare Minerals brushes. Within 5 minutes of applying my makeup, I would break out in hives. I talked to someone at Ulta, and she said they use fox hair as part of the natural fibers in their brushes, which(if true) I was obviously allergic to!

I haven't had any problems with the Everyday Minerals or their brushes. No breakouts, no rashes, nothing.

I thought the same thing, that it was just a heat rash or something. But, after doing the research, I realized it was the makeup. I go to college football games in the fall, and when it was hot, my face would itch and burn then. I wouldn't get a rash, but the makeup was definitely irritating my face. I think being out in the heat for 12 hours a day for several days in a row at Disney finally caused my face to react. I also had to quit using the Bare Minerals brushes. Within 5 minutes of applying my makeup, I would break out in hives. I talked to someone at Ulta, and she said they use fox hair as part of the natural fibers in their brushes, which(if true) I was obviously allergic to!

I haven't had any problems with the Everyday Minerals or their brushes. No breakouts, no rashes, nothing.

WOW, it is cheaper!! When I need to replenish my Bare Minerals it costs me at least $60. I noticed Dillards is carrying MAC mineral makeup now so I was tempted to try that.

I'm going to place an order online for the everydayminerals.

I do wear makeup. I put on suncreen first (i'm very very pale so need more protection than whats in the makeup). Then once that dries completely I put on bare minerals (or my generic equivelant of)...and i'm off. I also don't do my hair...it's really thick and no matter how long i spend on it...once i sweat i look like a poodle...so it goes up in a pony-tail.

WOW, it is cheaper!! When I need to replenish my Bare Minerals it costs me at least $60. I noticed Dillards is carrying MAC mineral makeup now so I was tempted to try that.

I'm going to place an order online for the everydayminerals.
When you go to their webpage click on "kits", and then click on "custom kits". That's where you will find the free sample kit. It's a great deal, and that way you can try different colors, which helps to find the best one that suits you.

Spray Tans look great, providing the right prep is taken and of course good products are used and you have a good airbrush tech. Don't do an automatic booth! I own an airbrush tanning studio and we typically do 10-20 spray tans a day. We prep the skin properly and ensure the customer is educated. As far as what to wear I'd say about 10% go completely nude and the rest typically go topless, but swimsuits may be worn (some people like tan lines). Trust me we see everything, we are so focused on our work, we don't notice much else. We are able to customize colores from a light to a just got back from Mexico dark! Any other questions just ask.. I love educating people on Spray Tan!! I have never had anyone turn orange either :) (not that it can't happen)

Do spray tans actually work? I have never done one, and I am so pale I think that they would make me look orange. Are there different shades of spray tan? I am going in September, and I would love to look tan, as opposed to my normal ghost shade. I would at least like to have some color right after the summer season :) This is when I usually hibernate because I burn so easily. :rotfl:

When getting a spray tan, do you have to get naked, or can you wear a swimsuit or something. I am pretty modest, and the naked thing embarasses me...ALOT :blush:

Thanks for any info!

of course-its just like anywhere else! I dont know about you but I wanna look great in my vacation pics. I pack extra face/make up remover and if I wanna go swimming I remove and reapply later in the day or evening.

Spray Tans look great, providing the right prep is taken and of course good products are used and you have a good airbrush tech. Don't do an automatic booth! I own an airbrush tanning studio and we typically do 10-20 spray tans a day. We prep the skin properly and ensure the customer is educated. As far as what to wear I'd say about 10% go completely nude and the rest typically go topless, but swimsuits may be worn (some people like tan lines). Trust me we see everything, we are so focused on our work, we don't notice much else. We are able to customize colores from a light to a just got back from Mexico dark! Any other questions just ask.. I love educating people on Spray Tan!! I have never had anyone turn orange either :) (not that it can't happen)

Thanks so much for the info! Like I said I have never done a spray tan, but it sounds like something I am going to try. :woohoo: Just wondering how long a spray tan lasts. And does the color get darker the more you do it, or can I stick to a lighter shade? TIA!

Typically it lasts 5-7 days sometimes longer (if you use the follow up products) No, the color doesn't get darker the more you do it so you can stick with a light color and it should be the same everytime. Also you have to be sure to put on sunscreen because it doesn't offer any UV protection. Ask around for good places for Spray Tans in your area (make sure it's airbrush though) Good luck :)

Thanks so much for the info! Like I said I have never done a spray tan, but it sounds like something I am going to try. :woohoo: Just wondering how long a spray tan lasts. And does the color get darker the more you do it, or can I stick to a lighter shade? TIA!

Thanks my free sample is on the way! Only $3.13 for shipping what a deal :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter