"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

Is it crazy to do two parties in one trip? I'm going to the 10/31 party, but my cousin just told me her and her husband are taking their daughter on the 29th, and it'll be her first time at Disney! Someone talk me out of it. Or into it...I don't know!

I think I understand but wanted to make sure. Is it just making your own costumes with normalish clothes to resemble the clothes of that particular character?
You've got it. We Disney bounded as Wall-E and Eve for the 24-hour party last year.
DSC_6196-L.jpg

Is it crazy to do two parties in one trip? I'm going to the 10/31 party, but my cousin just told me her and her husband are taking their daughter on the 29th, and it'll be her first time at Disney! Someone talk me out of it. Or into it...I don't know!
I am going on the 29th and thinking of adding a second party. There's so much to do and so little time :yay:

I'm so excited I had to share! I finally found yellow shoes to complete my Minnie Mouse Disneybouding Halloween costume! I'm officially ready for my trip! 18 days and 20 days until my first MNSSHP!! WOOT!

Where what kind?!? I had given up on finding yellow shoes! Do you have a link?

Crazy awesome!!! The two years that I went I did two parties both times and Halloween night both times as well. I would recommend it since you know Halloween night is sold out and will be very busy. There will be no way to see everything. If you do two parties, then one night you can concentrate on character meets if you are interested, then everything else on the other night. I generally end up watching the parade both times each night because I love it so much. I also really love Hallowishes. On one of my parties I got myself "trapped" in Fantasyland and couldn't get back around front of the castle for the fireworks. They were pretty amazing standing by the carousel. I was constantly spinning around because they go off all around you back there. I am pretty sure I am doing two parties again this year too.

If you can swing it two parties is a great way to ensure you can see/do everything you want! Especially since you know Halloween will be a sell out!

I am going to purchase the regular Memory Maker, I think. It will work for the party also, right?

When they had the party only Memory Maker, did it begin at 4 or 7?

I am planning on dressing up as Princess Leia, however I am starting to wonder if my original plan to wear a top that looks like the top of her dress with shorts will look strange. Any thoughts? Should I try to wear the long maxi skirt along with the top and belt for the full effect and just deal with the warm temperatures? Or should I just rock out the shorts? Or should I try to wear a tutu ?? Any suggestions??

I have had no issues wearing a long dress, but i'd make sure it works with sneakers. I tried boots one year for MNSHHP and gave that up fast.

You've got it. We Disney bounded as Wall-E and Eve for the 24-hour party last year.
DSC_6196-L.jpg

How did you get such a great picture? There is no way this is Photopass...I've never seen a photograph from one of them that's this good!

For yellow shoes, just use bright yellow spray paint and spray a pair of shoes. I used Krylon for plastic, had a picture of outdoor little tykes type toy on the front of the can, last year. The made it through the night just fine and are still bright yellow.

The PhotoPass photographer took it with my husband's camera. Franklin had adjusted all the settings so all the PhotoPass photographer had to do was click.

That is awesome! I'd never thought of doing that. Hmmm.

ETA: I haven't dedicated as much time to really learning how to use my camera as I intended when I bought it. Do you mind asking your husband what lens and settings he used to get this shot for me?

It's not crazy...just more fun and candy:dogdance:
I plan on at least 2 party's...but only wearing a costume on the 31st....well maybe twice..okay every time, now I wonder if I'm crazy????

Do all the characters have photopass photographers on party nights? We are not planning on meeting any with long lines. We are going to just wing it. Only one I would like to definitely meet is Cpt Jack, because we are going as pirates. If we see others with relatively short lines, we will get some pictures. If not no biggy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter