• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
More pictures of Halloween items, not MNSSHP stuff but still-

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/08/photo...-spooktacular-new-halloween-merchandise-2017/

I can see a few things I want here. The wreath, the black Minnie top with purple bow at the back is still my favorite top. The women's group costume t-shirt has glitter on it so I'll skip that, I do like the beige bat one. Mickey head with bat pin too. Yup, I knew they'd take my money with something for Halloween :rotfl:

I really love the Sally Shirt and the Purple Gang tshirt!

Last edited:
Sorry if these questions have been asked a bunch of times, but I didn't see any answers in the first posts and didn't go through everything here. This will be my mom's and my first time at MNSSHP. We're going 9/17 (if that matters?) and planning to get there 4pm.

We usually aren't fireworks/parade people due to crowds being typically very pushy (I know I'm generalizing, but this has been our experience unfortunately). Without staking out a spot hours in advance, where are decent places to watch Hallowishes and the Boo to You parade? Views don't have to be perfect, just less crowded. I saw a video on YouTube and it seemed like the tables at Casey's look good for Hallowishes, but not sure if these have to be "claimed" very early? I'm thinking we'd be willing to wait 15-30 min in advance, but don't want to waste time sitting...Also, I'm assuming the later parade is less crowded?

Would the 12am Hocus Pocus show be the least crowded? This show is a priority for me as I am a 90s kid and LOVE Hocus Pocus! So I'm thinking I'd like to be closer to the castle to see.

I think I've ruled out the Hallowishes Dessert Party since it no longer includes the parade. Plus we're doing Star Wars and couldn't see paying ANOTHER $70 or so. But if Disney adds a Hocus Pocus dessert party, I'm in LOL!

Thanks!!

The later parade is less crowded.
The area from Caseys /beginning of Main Street to the hub will be the most crowded for fireworks.
Main Street/Hub will be most crowded for parade.
Frontier land is a good place to watch the parade or if you are watching the 2nd parade, where it ends near the front entrance is less crazy.
The back of the castle is not crowded during fireworks, but you won't see any projections on the castle.

Does anyone know if these light up Halloween bat ears are being sold at a certain shop at Disney World? I want to buy them at MNSSHP.

J8onzRB.jpg

New for 2017 Disneyland & WDW - I like these! I looked through Disney Park Shop App and Disney Store online with no luck. I did see them on ebay $21.75 with free shipping:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walt-Disney-NEW-Halloween-2017-Light-Up-Mickey-Ears-Headband-Green-Bats-ADULT/142479975679?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=45560&meid=984d93d7f44446108ddcd6a9f8804c24&pid=100623&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=263152377139&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

EDIT: Because they are new I'm sure the app will be updated and you'll be able to find them then.

Last edited:
Do shops and QSs tend to have long lines during MNSSHP? I'm wondering how much of the party I'll need to devote to standing in line for all these yummy treats and all this lovely merchandise!

I know I'm terrible. Made no progress on the costumes, off to my air show tomorrow and then I should have 3 days in the week off so I will make sure I do.
How are your sleeves going?

Sleeves are done!!! Thanks for asking! It actually took 22 yards of red cording to complete both sleeves. :crazy2: I'm working on his armor pants now which should be completed tonight. Then I'll start working on his cape.

A new Open Edition Halloween MagicBand has surfaced
View attachment 263040

more information can be found here and here:-)

A question about tickets and magic bands (and these are adorable, BTW).

Are the MNSSHP tickets linked to your magic bands? They all show up on MDE listed under "view my tickets" but the party doesn't show up under "plans". I plan on bringing the hard tickets anyway because...just in case...but I'm concerned about everything not being all neatly linked up. I caved an bought Memory Maker specifically because the MNSSHP pics are at the top of my list.

First timer here. Meet and greets and shows are my main focuses for the party. Hoping to do the first parade and show since I will have a 1 1/2 year old along with my husband and 6 and 10 year old.

Question about the Halloween treats-Can I use snack credits for the special Halloween treats or do I buy them?

A question about tickets and magic bands (and these are adorable, BTW).

Are the MNSSHP tickets linked to your magic bands? They all show up on MDE listed under "view my tickets" but the party doesn't show up under "plans". I plan on bringing the hard tickets anyway because...just in case...but I'm concerned about everything not being all neatly linked up. I caved an bought Memory Maker specifically because the MNSSHP pics are at the top of my list.

Are the MNSSHP tickets linked to your magic bands? Nope! They are assigned to the profiles in your MDE account and since you can see them there, you're all set to go and completely linked. You should also see your FastPasses provided you've made them.
I plan on bringing the hard tickets anyway just in case. Smart move! Be sure to bring the method that you used when purchasing too.
Memory Maker. Excellent! I highly recommend this thread [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/"]Magic Shots - Current Listings[/URL] and adding Disney Facebook link to your phone. You'll be able to see all the Magic Shots available at the four parks. Disney also keeps this updated with locations on where to find them!

Have a great trip!

First timer here. Meet and greets and shows are my main focuses for the party. Hoping to do the first parade and show since I will have a 1 1/2 year old along with my husband and 6 and 10 year old.

Question about the Halloween treats-Can I use snack credits for the special Halloween treats or do I buy them?

Haven't been on the dinning plan in years but here's what I found just by googling:

"Most of the Specialty Snacks and Treats offered only to guests of MNSSHP & MVMCP are Disney Dining Plan eligible!

You may use (1) Snack Credit per person, per snack and what a great way to use your Snack Credits during your next trip!"
http://traveldestinationswithcharac...ack-credits-for-mnsshp-mvmcp-specialty-treats

I think you also need to look for signs, I'm not sure if everything is included.;)

Still no progress on any type of costume. I had an idea for Leia while on Hoth in Empire Strikes back, but I can't do white pants that well. LOL. I may try to do Rey, but not sure. Those seem like the easiest for me and the most interesting.
Knowing me I will probably just stick to a tshirt and jeans or shorts. I know, very creative. LOL

I am just happy to be able to go back to the party and be able to try some of the treats and not be bogged down with a dining reservation that takes up party time.

What do you mean "only an Indians fan"?

It's not so much the snowfall (I don't like snow at all) as it is just being gray and gloomy all winter in the midwest. I'm near Charlotte and I heard they still have the seasons and have a little snow as well so it's not like it's 90 degrees all year long.
Football I love the Pittsburgh Steelers but baseball I love the Cleveland Indians.

Do shops and QSs tend to have long lines during MNSSHP? I'm wondering how much of the party I'll need to devote to standing in line for all these yummy treats and all this lovely merchandise!
This is why you need to do more than one party!!!! How can you accomplish everything in just a few hours??? :moped::moped::moped: You need this bike to get around and get it all done!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter