"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I need to come up with a costume. I'm thinking Ursula and that I would make a no sew tulle skirt to wear, but I'm not sure how that would be on rides. Has anyone worn a tulle skirt or tutu and not have it be bothersome on rides? It'll probably be down to my knees or just above.

The other thing is I might make my own Ursula Mickey ears. Any suggestions on the type of headband to use? I don't normally wear them because they give me headaches but I'm hoping I can find a comfortable one that won't hurt. How do people wear Mickey ears headbands in the parks without them hurting? Any secrets to that?

Both my DD's costume and mine for last year's MNSSHP involved tulle tutus, and we had no issues on rides (other than taking a second to straighten them back out after getting off some rides).

I made our own ears last year, as well, and purchased the headbands from a craft store (I can't remember if it was A.C. Moore or Michael's). I was comfortable wearing mine most of the day Saturday and again for the party on Sunday.

Another treat question...can the specialty Halloween treats at the Main Street Bakery be purchased with a Starbucks card? I have been saving up my Starbucks balance for our trip :)

YES! "The great thing about this is that not only are guests able to use them for your favorite snacks and beverages but I’ve also used a gift card to get one of the Disney-themed Starbucks mugs that can be found on property."
http://www.disneyaddicts.com/can-i-use-my-starbucks-gift-cards-at-walt-disney-world-3617/

This is why I'm happy I didn't book the dessert party. There is a wider selection of treats compared to last year and they brought back the Pumpkin Mickey Waffles!!! Wooohoooo! The best part is I won't have to devote time away from the party to enjoy them!:woohoo:

I've only eaten pumpkin in a savory pie so I'm intrigued as to how it tastes in a sweet food (even though I'm sure its a flavouring or something).

All this cute gear and yummy treats I'm gonna spend fortune at this party! It's also looking like we will be skipping actual food and will survive on sugar. DD and I looked over the treats today and all she wants is a Sally pop. :confused3 Sorry kid, but you can have two Jack pops and call it even! Lol!:laughing:

Awh no, bring a picture of Sally on a cocktail stick and pop it in before you hand it over :rotfl: but two Jack pops is a good deal.

Edit: Is anyone putting up any Halloween decorations in their room window? I watched two vlogs of resort walk through and some had more than others and I kind of have some decorations I could use.

Last edited:

Is it just me or does it seem the Haunted Mansion Oreo chocolate tart is super similar to the previous version of The Gray Stuff? I never got to try it before it switched to the white chocolate tart, so am really looking forward to this one!

Ok, suddenly I'm not so excited about these. Frankly, the BOG grey stuff ones the cookie part for me was inedible it was so hard. I really hope these are not a similar makeup.

This is such an important question! I see so many adorable ears but I'm like nope that just looks like a 10-hr headache to me.

I'll be honest that I make my own or buy from small businesses often. I have bought a few on property, but they are the ones that always give me headaches!

This is why I'm happy I didn't book the dessert party. There is a wider selection of treats compared to last year and they brought back the Pumpkin Mickey Waffles!!! Wooohoooo! The best part is I won't have to devote time away from the party to enjoy them!:woohoo:

Well I did google the HEA Dessert Party and 8 new desserts are being added and they don't look to be the same. Although I'm a bit happier about the dessert choices than these Halloween options, I wouldn't even be doing the dessert party if it wasn't for that garden view.

Well I did google the HEA Dessert Party and 8 new desserts are being added and they don't look to be the same. Although I'm a bit happier about the dessert choices than these Halloween options, I wouldn't even be doing the dessert party if it wasn't for that garden view.

Hmmm, what Garden View? Happy HalloWishes Premium Dessert Party is only being held at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant. It does not include the BTY parade and the viewing for the fireworks are at the Terrace inside the restaurant. Here's WDW website:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/happy-hallowishes-dessert-package/

Could you have mistakenly chosen the wrong date?

Last edited:

Well, it would have to be more than rain for the party to get cancelled. Parties take place with rain, even if it's heavy, although some aspects may get cancelled (especially the headless horseman) due to safety.
When we went for Columbus Day last year, two parties were cancelled for the Thursday and Friday before Columbus Day due to Hurricane Matthew. I had purchased tickets and was given 3 choices: 1) a refund. 2) an exchange for a later (non sold out) party or 3) a 1-day non-up-gradable, 1-day base ticket. I chose the refund :-) This is really not common. The parks also closed for a day and a half and you were not allowed outside at all.
We were there last year for those dates. We had tix for the thurs originally (and just that - we went specifically for it), but when we found out they were cancelling and offering 1-day tix, I bought Friday tix too, on the likely chance they would cancel fri as well, which they did. We ended up with 2 sets of 1-day park hoppers for each of us. We used one set for while we were there on Sat with beautifully cool weather and the parks nearly empty - we visited all four parks that day and rode everything we wanted (teens - so just the big rides). While we were disappointed we didn't get to do a MNSSHP, we still feel we had a great time and came out ahead value wise.

Nice! I lived there practically my entire life and then my wife and I decided that we wanted to move south so we did it :) My parents and siblings are still there.
Only an Indians fan.
Yeah it has been so hot the last several weeks! I'm looking forward to winter in the south :)
WINTER???? I hate driving in it, people panic when there is a dusting on the ground! I live in OH and it varies each year. I love warm weather but probably would get tired of it alllll year!

I think I finally figured out how to post a pic. Here is my costume idea. I'm going to be a Haunted Mansion Barista. (totally made that up)...
I will wear this and do HM make up and make my hair look old and scary....
View attachment 262329

This is a terrific costume!

I would make a no sew tulle skirt to wear, but I'm not sure how that would be on rides. Has anyone worn a tulle skirt or tutu and not have it be bothersome on rides?

I wore a tulle skirt (and large soft sculpture wings!) to my last MNSSHP and I had no problems with rides. Both were soft and fluffed right out when departing the rides.

Anyone have any ideas for flying home with candy??

Since candy is small, it's perfect for filling little gaps in your suitcases. Just pour it in around the edges and between the items. If you're worried about melting, put chocolate things in your carry on, and taffy and tootsie rolls etc in your checked bags.

Only an Indians fan.

WINTER???? I hate driving in it, people panic when there is a dusting on the ground! I live in OH and it varies each year. I love warm weather but probably would get tired of it alllll year!

What do you mean "only an Indians fan"?

It's not so much the snowfall (I don't like snow at all) as it is just being gray and gloomy all winter in the midwest. I'm near Charlotte and I heard they still have the seasons and have a little snow as well so it's not like it's 90 degrees all year long.

Sorry if this was asked before but what happens IF my scheduled party date gets cancelled due to rain. Not sure this happened but curious. Will they refund or give tix to another day that I can attend during my trip. Just curious. Thanks!!
It's my understanding Party's go on rain or shine. Our first party, it didn't actually rain, but the sky was "rolling" with clouds - big threatening clouds it made for AWESOME pictures. With that said, we have tickets to Friday's party and I hope the weather is nice.

The only treat I will go out of my way for this year is the cheesecake (which my boyfriend and I will share).
I wouldn't mind trying the worms and dirt, cinnamon bun or ice cream waffles, but wouldn't be upset if I missed out on them either.

Those haunted mansion desserts would be nice if they all didn't have a base of chocolate :crazy2:

Sorry if these questions have been asked a bunch of times, but I didn't see any answers in the first posts and didn't go through everything here. This will be my mom's and my first time at MNSSHP. We're going 9/17 (if that matters?) and planning to get there 4pm.

We usually aren't fireworks/parade people due to crowds being typically very pushy (I know I'm generalizing, but this has been our experience unfortunately). Without staking out a spot hours in advance, where are decent places to watch Hallowishes and the Boo to You parade? Views don't have to be perfect, just less crowded. I saw a video on YouTube and it seemed like the tables at Casey's look good for Hallowishes, but not sure if these have to be "claimed" very early? I'm thinking we'd be willing to wait 15-30 min in advance, but don't want to waste time sitting...Also, I'm assuming the later parade is less crowded?

Would the 12am Hocus Pocus show be the least crowded? This show is a priority for me as I am a 90s kid and LOVE Hocus Pocus! So I'm thinking I'd like to be closer to the castle to see.

I think I've ruled out the Hallowishes Dessert Party since it no longer includes the parade. Plus we're doing Star Wars and couldn't see paying ANOTHER $70 or so. But if Disney adds a Hocus Pocus dessert party, I'm in LOL!

Thanks!!

Edit: Is anyone putting up any Halloween decorations in their room window? I watched two vlogs of resort walk through and some had more than others and I kind of have some decorations I could use.

We're staying at WL so I don't think we'll have a resort window, other than the one looking out I tot the woods. We decorated our window at POR in Sept 2015 for Halloween and enjoyed doing it! I have pictures, somewhere...

Awh no, bring a picture of Sally on a cocktail stick and pop it in before you hand it over :rotfl: but two Jack pops is a good deal.

Lol! I may have to! Suddenly, maybe a week ago Sally (she pronounces it Sully :rolleyes:) has become a major part of her imagination. She LOVEs the little TsumTsum figures and she's now made a Rapunzel one Sally cause "Jack needs a Sully!" :love:

Lol! I may have to! Suddenly, maybe a week ago Sally (she pronounces it Sully :rolleyes:) has become a major part of her imagination. She LOVEs the little TsumTsum figures and she's now made a Rapunzel one Sally cause "Jack needs a Sully!" :love:

If you find them I'd love to see. I've heard about the decorating and I it does sound fun, I'm thinking of what I can create.
Awh, that's so cute!

Does anyone know if these light up Halloween bat ears are being sold at a certain shop at Disney World? I want to buy them at MNSSHP.

J8onzRB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter