"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had to cancel our Fastpasses for the Halloween event as our group got the email of having too many Fastpasses than days on hand. Our fastpasses began after 5pm the day of the party. It's pretty much hit/miss who's affected by the issue.

Yes this has been a major issue and well documented but the topic is about loosing fp's after using party fp's the following day. ;)

My Goofy costume is finished!

8WdNqbD.jpg

Wow you look great!!!

Stupid question I'm sorry if this was asked already but what was on the trick or treat bags this year?

Olaf's Frozen Adventure (holiday short film due out in November)-picture of Olaf sitting on Sven's head on one side...Cars 3 on the other side...

Does anyone know how many people (potentially) will be in the park on a sold out night of MNSSHP vs MK at capacity (normal operating schedule)?

What about a non-sold out night? Does it "feel crowded" due to the limited attractions?

Does anyone know how many people (potentially) will be in the park on a sold out night of MNSSHP vs MK at capacity (normal operating schedule)?

What about a non-sold out night? Does it "feel crowded" due to the limited attractions?

In general, the walkways and outdoor areas can feel more crowded than it is because people are getting candy, doing character meets, etc, but the attraction lines are generally very short. I don't know if anyone here knows exact numbers of tickets sold to the event, but it wouldn't even be close to MK at capacity. It's not even close to the number of people on a normal slow day.

We are attending our first party Sept 26 and I just went to buy tickets through MDE. Dumb question but wondering if it makes a difference at all - it gives me the option to print at home vs. will call. Which should I do? I don't have time to mail them to the house before our trip.

We are attending our first party Sept 26 and I just went to buy tickets through MDE. Dumb question but wondering if it makes a difference at all - it gives me the option to print at home vs. will call. Which should I do? I don't have time to mail them to the house before our trip.

Print @ home. Saves a stop once @ park. When purchase complete, you get a confirmation number. Tickets should auto link to MDE (so on MB), if not, manually add to MDE using number from confirmation.

In general, the walkways and outdoor areas can feel more crowded than it is because people are getting candy, doing character meets, etc, but the attraction lines are generally very short. I don't know if anyone here knows exact numbers of tickets sold to the event, but it wouldn't even be close to MK at capacity. It's not even close to the number of people on a normal slow day.

I agree with @Jarmo

My experience is that it feels more crowded than it actually is because everyone is trying to do the same things. While during the day crowd is disbursed across the entire park, at the party the crowds are really heavy in the center of the park (around the character meets, the HUB area for show/parade/fireworks, etc.). How crowded it feels to you will depend on where you spend your time in the park. Plan for it to feel very crowded around anything unique to the party (shows, characters, parade, lines for party snacks, etc.) and not as crowded around the rides. I also didn't ever feel like the dance party area was overly crowded. It will be easy to navigate the whole park with the exception of the HUB/Main Street area, which is always slammed during the party. There will be places where the trick or treat lines get pretty long and you have to navigate around those, but they also typically move pretty fast. All of the character lines are pretty contained - long - but contained.

I have a question about the tickets. I bought our tickets when they first came out and loaded them to our Disney account. When we get to the park at 4pm will we just scan our magic bands or do we need to print out the tickets? How will I be sure they don't take a regular park ticket off of our bands? We will have 1 more day on our bands after the Halloween party.

I have a question about the tickets. I bought our tickets when they first came out and loaded them to our Disney account. When we get to the park at 4pm will we just scan our magic bands or do we need to print out the tickets? How will I be sure they don't take a regular park ticket off of our bands? We will have 1 more day on our bands after the Halloween party.

This is what I'm wondering about too. How does the Magic Band tell the difference? That's why I was hesitant to make fastpass reservations before the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter