"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm torn on booking. We would do Sunday, 9/29 if we do it. We didn't really enjoy the Christmas Party last year. It was super crowded and cold, and my kids didn't even last till the fireworks so we left early.

I know many people commented on how crowded the Halloween parties seemed in 2018 compared to years before. Long candy lines, 3 hour waits to see characters, etc. Does everyone still think it's worth it? I could do EMM for less than our party tickets would be.

I'm torn on booking. We would do Sunday, 9/29 if we do it. We didn't really enjoy the Christmas Party last year. It was super crowded and cold, and my kids didn't even last till the fireworks so we left early.

I know many people commented on how crowded the Halloween parties seemed in 2018 compared to years before. Long candy lines, 3 hour waits to see characters, etc. Does everyone still think it's worth it? I could do EMM for less than our party tickets would be.

To each there own! We are leaning against it. Mostly cause I doubt the kids will make it till 10, so not making it to worth it for us. We are doing EMM. At least that’s the plan right now.

I will say you probably won’t have cold weather in September.

I am following this thread as it’s still up for discussion till ADR day in just about a month for us.

We'll be at WDW from Sep 6-15.

Questions:

1) I have heard that MK crowds are relatively light on days where MNSSHP is happening. Has that been true across the board?
2) Any general difference in MNSSHP crowds depending on which evening during the week you go (I'm debating Sunday vs. Tuesday)
3) Any advice for a MNSSHP newbie that would help me plan in advance?

I have a trip booked last week of August, but am going to wait and see. We went two years ago, twice, but we don't meet the characters and don't trick or treat much. Kiddo just wants to do rides.

I'm thinking about attending the first party, 8/16. It's the last day of our trip. Does anyone know if the first party sold out last year? And if so, when?

1) I have heard that MK crowds are relatively light on days where MNSSHP is happening. Has that been true across the board?
2) Any general difference in MNSSHP crowds depending on which evening during the week you go (I'm debating Sunday vs. Tuesday)
3) Any advice for a MNSSHP newbie that would help me plan in advance?

1) that's the rumor. The logic is that people don't want to spend a theme park day at MK when MK closes at 6pm.
2) Historic data says that Tuesday is the least crowded and Friday is the most crowded. But, that might not indicate future performance. Undercover tourist (or maybe Kenny the pirate) analyses the dates and makes pretty good predictions of what will be bad.
3) Pick 3 things you absolutely must do, plan around them, and go with the flow for the rest. Arrive at 4pm. Do your best to get FPs between 4pm and 6pm (it's tricky). And, of course, Follow this thread! :)

I'm thinking about attending the first party, 8/16. It's the last day of our trip. Does anyone know if the first party sold out last year? And if so, when?
The first party always sells out. Also the last two years it's been a bit of a mess with overcrowding, non-party guests 'sneaking' in, and a lot of media/bloggers. Lou from WDW Radio live casted the first party last year, you can see some of the crowds on his videos. 5 or 6 people deep for the 1st parade, long lines for any food or merchandise, wait times at all attractions, etc.

That said, I bought my tickets. It's like Mardi Gras, you go for the experience.

3) Pick 3 things you absolutely must do, plan around them, and go with the flow for the rest. Arrive at 4pm. Do your best to get FPs between 4pm and 6pm (it's tricky). And, of course, Follow this thread! :)

Very helpful, thanks.

So does this mean I can't get advance FP 60 days out for the night of MNSSHP?

The first party always sells out. Also the last two years it's been a bit of a mess with overcrowding, non-party guests 'sneaking' in, and a lot of media/bloggers. Lou from WDW Radio live casted the first party last year, you can see some of the crowds on his videos. 5 or 6 people deep for the 1st parade, long lines for any food or merchandise, wait times at all attractions, etc.

That said, I bought my tickets. It's like Mardi Gras, you go for the experience.

Thanks! I wish I had another option, but the this is the only date that works.

SO EXCITED. Now just have to decide which of the 3 party days that happen during our August trip we will buy for! We are TOTAL Halloween people (we start planning our costumes right after Christmas LOL) and my kids love everything about MNSSHP! Since this will be the last time we take them to WDW for a while, we can't miss the party :)

I have a trip booked last week of August, but am going to wait and see. We went two years ago, twice, but we don't meet the characters and don't trick or treat much. Kiddo just wants to do rides.

You would be better off with a MK DAH, I think. Last year there was one on the Thursday night of that last week of August. We did that + 2 Halloween parties and for sure the DAH was fantastic for maximizing rides. We didn't really do any rides during MNSSHP at all, just party stuff.

To each there own! We are leaning against it. Mostly cause I doubt the kids will make it till 10, so not making it to worth it for us. We are doing EMM. At least that’s the plan right now.

I will say you probably won’t have cold weather in September.

I am following this thread as it’s still up for discussion till ADR day in just about a month for us.

I'm definitely not worried about cold weather! Just if my kids will stay awake this time around.

We're leaning against it as well. We did both TSL and Fantasyland EMMs last month and they were great. My 7 year old already asked if we're doing EMM next time! Actually I think I already convinced myself not to do the Halloween party now that I'm typing it all out lol. I'm staying on this thread too, to see what the trends are. I'm guessing our date won't sell out so we can always decide that week!

I'm so excited...maybe! It's my 40th in August, so now I'm looking at an end of August trip. But....I HATE THE HEAT!!!!!!!!!! It would be SO fun to go for a couple of days, enjoy whatever pool, and head to a Halloween party at night. What to do??????????

It was still very hot and humid, as well as crowded for our August party last year. The sun wasn't beating down on us by evening... But it wasn't pleasant.

The first party of the year fall on our first full day of vacation. I would love to start off with something special like this. However, we could do the 20th. This falls right in the middle of our trip. Which would be better? We are not planning rides, just party fun!

Yes, it was the party we went to.. It sold out the day of the party... The only notice was the sign posted outside the gate.
It was very crowded.

Two of our 8 trips planned for this year (The Year of APs) will be during the Halloween party season. Last year we were there for the 10/4 party, which I found out today was a sold out party last year. This year we will be with our boys for a Labor Day weekend trip and then an adults only trip Oct 9-13. Will most likely do 8/30 with the boys but not sure about 10/10 for just us adults. We are going with a group in October so we'll see how it plays out.

Does anyone know what time the last Pirates league appointments are ? My daughter wants to go as a mermaid so I thought this would be the best time

I'm so glad the dates were released BEFORE my ADR date. I hate having to change things around after the dates are released. I now know which nights to avoid MK when we aren't doing the party.
I think I'm going to go for the Sep 10th date, we are at Boulder Ridge for that part of our trip and it will be easier/quicker to get back there on the boat with two little ones late at night.

what a pleasant suprise!!!! just booked Halloween night party. yes, i know it will be crowded.....but we normally go at christmastime so we are pros when it comes to crowds. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter