"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL speak for yourself :) Our halloween season starts at the beginning of October and carries through into November, with decorations, fun spooky events, haunted houses, parties and such. Christmas is only one day (unless you ascribe to the 12 days of Christmas, but not everyone does) too :)

I am old LOL and my whole life people all over this nation say "the Christmas season", nobody ever says "the halloween season". I guess that is where I was coming from with my statement. :P

So sad......our family went in October 2018 and I watched this thread thoroughly last year but we won't be returning to Disney for a few years. On the plus side we really enjoyed the Halloween party!

WOW That is just way too many parties for a one day observation. Christmas is a season, but halloween is one day.

LOL speak for yourself :) Our halloween season starts at the beginning of October and carries through into November, with decorations, fun spooky events, haunted houses, parties and such. Christmas is only one day (unless you ascribe to the 12 days of Christmas, but not everyone does) too :)

I'm happy with a couple of months of Halloween, then a couple of months of Christmas. :)

We have family members who may have to bow out of our August trip. We all want to attend MNSSHP. If we all buy tickets and they are not able to travel, are their tickets refundable?

I’ll probably go the first Thursday and Friday of October, since my son has those days off from school. October 31st would be my first choice but that would involve his missing 2 days of school. I’m really going to be interested in how Disney handles selling merchandise, particularly at the first party. Last year, there was a run on party merchandise by EBay sellers, headlined with a massive run on oogie boogie buckets. A lot of the merchandise was no longer Available for many of the October parties. That would be my other reason for going in early October.

Hoping to be able to do the 9/1 party. And maybe 9/6 depending on how we're doing and what other extras we do.
Can't buy tickets until much close to the actual time, though. Not worried about those dates selling out, so no big deal.

I have a tentative trip booked for 9/29-10/1 hoping a Halloween party would fall on the 29th. It's my 50th Birthday on the Monday and I wanted to do a quick trip to attend my first Halloween party and spend my Birthday in the Magic Kingdom. I'm just waiting for flight prices to drop a bit more before officially buying a ticket.

I’m so conflicted! We’re definitely doing a party. Our trip is from 9/2-9/10, but we’re staying at swans nd dolphin from the 29th-1 and AOfA on the first. I’m not sure which party to do, we’re looking at either the Friday or labour day Monday. We did the Monday last year and it was great! Friday works better for our trip, but everything I’ve read says stay away from Friday parties. Anyone have any experience or advice? Thanks!

Are the event fireworks still viewable from the Polynesian beach? We’re staying at another hotel on property before a Disney cruise & I'm not sure we’ll arrive at DW in time to attend MNSSHP. I’m hoping to catch a glimpse of fireworks as a consolation.

The only date we could go is the first party. It’s me, DH, DD 6, and DD 2. We would want to see the dwarves and Moana, and the parade.

-Can someone suggest my plan?
-What else should be a must do for that age?
-Planning on seeing parade from frontierland

Thanks

Are the event fireworks still viewable from the Polynesian beach? We’re staying at another hotel on property before a Disney cruise & I'm not sure we’ll arrive at DW in time to attend MNSSHP. I’m hoping to catch a glimpse of fireworks as a consolation.
Yes. We watched the fireworks from the first party last year at The Poly beach.

Yay! The MNSSHP is one of my favorite things ever, so I super excited that they announced it this early! We went to 3 of the parties in September 2018, but I think we will just be sticking with two this time...there was way too much candy to cram in our carry-on bag from three parties lol.

Weird, I wonder why they are skipping the traditional Tuesday party that would logically be on October 22nd and doing two in a row, Sunday and Monday, instead. I thought maybe there was a holiday, but Columbus Day is the 14th.

I saw that too and am completely bummed as that missing Tuesday (10/22) is ALWAYS our party night. This year we decided to do 2 parties so it was going to be Tuesday and Thursday. Now (because we cannot arrive on Monday) we will need to do Thursday and Friday.

But hey, at least we are still able to go to two parties, even if it'll be crazy busy/crowded.

I have tentative plans to run W&D and was planning on the Oct 31 party. I thought I had a bit more time before I had to get tickets but yikes, guess not. I promised my daughter a party, so worse case scenario we go the 1st and I run the next morning on some very tired legs.

If I buy 3 tickets and do I have to assign all 3 to a person? I'm not sure who will be coming with us so I want to leave that 3rd ticket unassigned.
If you purchase over the phone, you do not have to assign. If you buy online, you do.

Mark us down for the September 2nd party! We normally go in October, but Labor Day weekend works better with the school schedule this year, so we’re mixing it up! (I was also pleasantly surprised by how much less I paid for our party tickets!) Now to decide on our costumes....

Mark us down for the September 2nd party! We normally go in October, but Labor Day weekend works better with the school schedule this year, so we’re mixing it up! (I was also pleasantly surprised by how much less I paid for our party tickets!) Now to decide on our costumes....

DD and I will be at the 09/02 party as well :) Can't wait to hear what you decide on for your costumes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter