"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! The MNSSHP is one of my favorite things ever, so I super excited that they announced it this early! We went to 3 of the parties in September 2018, but I think we will just be sticking with two this time...there was way too much candy to cram in our carry-on bag from three parties lol.

LOL - I know.
20+ pounds of candy puts luggage over weight limits!!!

of you have to deal with TSA potentially removing and swabbing it all - uugghh!

Trying to decide which night to go for.

8/27 is the day after we arrive. We are driving down and hadn't originally planned on a park day for arrival day, but I'm not sold on the idea of burning a park ticket on a party day.
8/30 is dead center of our trip, but also a Friday, more expensive and more likely to be busy
9/2 is the day before checkout/beginning our drive home to MA.

We've toyed with the idea of starting our drive down earlier and getting to Orlando early enough to leave luggage with the hotel and use a park day the first day, which would free up 8/27 to sleep in, hang at the resort and just go to the party. We're park commandos and my DS will be 12 and 9 and are used to long, active days so I'm not worried about burnout.

DD and I will be at the 09/02 party as well :) Can't wait to hear what you decide on for your costumes!
Did we also talk about the 9/2 date on KtP’s FB page by chance?!?!

Wreck it Ralph seems to be the favorite right now, but I’m struggling with who I will be if we do that (DH will be Ralph, DD will be Venellope and DS will be Felix)....I was thinking I could be another Candy Crush racer but now I’m toying with the idea of King Candy..... :)

Have you started thinking about costumes??

Did we also talk about the 9/2 date on KtP’s FB page by chance?!?!

Wreck it Ralph seems to be the favorite right now, but I’m struggling with who I will be if we do that (DH will be Ralph, DD will be Venellope and DS will be Felix)....I was thinking I could be another Candy Crush racer but now I’m toying with the idea of King Candy..... :)

Have you started thinking about costumes??

King Candy would be awesome! Sergeant Calhoun would be neat as well, but fake leather in the Florida heat might not be as fun lol

I haven't started thinking about costumes yet...this early announcement has really caught me off guard! But I will gladly start thinking about it now because I do love to plan!

I am interested in seeing if they announce the Dessert Party details soon as well, and if there will be a repeat of Paradegate 2018. Hopefully they learned their lesson from that!
Wondering this too.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them offer something similar to the Tony’s MVMCP package with parade viewing at MNSSHP, in addition to the fireworks dessert party ....

Disney just released the tickets for the MNSSHP and we’re not going until early October. Do I really need to purchase my tickets now? I haven’t even booked our airfare, so was waiting to plan out how many days we would be at the park based on travel times. Does it really sell out this far in advance?
Tickets don't sell out usually until the summer, and may not sell out at all depending on the day. If you were going on the first night or Halloween you might need to rush, but (for me) early October tickets can wait.

LOL speak for yourself :) Our halloween season starts at the beginning of October and carries through into November, with decorations, fun spooky events, haunted houses, parties and such. Christmas is only one day (unless you ascribe to the 12 days of Christmas, but not everyone does) too :)

You wait until October?? Halloween season starts on Labor day for us. That's when I get out the skulls, lights, and put up the Halloween tree anyway. With the August parties I get ideas from Disney, then chase away the post-Disney blues by decorating at home. :) Only 289 days until the big night!

Can you get advance FP for the night of MNSSHP?
In theory no, however folks have had some success getting FPs for 4, 5, & 6pm on party day. I managed to get and use 3 before each of my parties last year.

You wait until October?? Halloween season starts on Labor day for us. That's when I get out the skulls, lights, and put up the Halloween tree anyway. With the August parties I get ideas from Disney, then chase away the post-Disney blues by decorating at home. :) Only 289 days until the big night!

HAHAHA - I won't lie that there are years when Halloween has gone up in September, but lately with the kids going back to school and fall sports kicking in, finding the TIME to do it in Sept has been tough. by October 1 we are settled into a good routine and I can divert my attention to more...AHEM...important things ROFL

Wondering this too.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them offer something similar to the Tony’s MVMCP package with parade viewing at MNSSHP, in addition to the fireworks dessert party ....
I'm hoping for a Tony's parade viewing package too! We liked Tony's and hate fighting for parade seats. :) Does anyone remember how far in advance the MVMCP packages were announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter