• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does the line get for Haunted Mansion during the party? Wondering if I should get a pre-party FP or if the line gets short enough throughout the night.

Child 1 - “If those walnuts come near my feet, I’m getting up to get away from them!”

Child 2 - “They’re walnuts, they won’t kill you.”

Unless Kid 1 is allergic. In which case Kid 1’s parents should have asked for a different boat...or Kid 1 should be taught to advocate for themself if they are going on rides alone.

Unless Kid 1 is allergic. In which case Kid 1’s parents should have asked for a different boat...or Kid 1 should be taught to advocate for themself if they are going on rides alone.
But wouldn't he have to injest it for it to affect him. Touching his shoes shouldn't be an issue. Probably has walked on nut shells all over the park.

But wouldn't he have to injest it for it to affect him. Touching his shoes shouldn't be an issue. Probably has walked on nut shells all over the park.

Not necessarily. Airborne bits in close proximity like that could trigger a reaction.

And I have never seen walnut shells “all over the park”.

How long does the line get for Haunted Mansion during the party? Wondering if I should get a pre-party FP or if the line gets short enough throughout the night.
HM will average 30 minutes on party nights, so if you don’t care about the party “extras” there, I’d advise getting a FP before 6. Just know that the ghosts on the lawn, etc. don’t start until 7.

This gets asked about occasionally, but here's what things looked like in the Plaza Garden WEST last Friday. This is the garden in front of Casey's, not the one used for the Plaza Garden viewing dessert party. It is a mirror image layout to the dessert party garden.

This garden is usually open to anyone but occasionally is reserved in whole or in part for various special interest groups. On this night, only a small corner was reserved - the rest was open. When the garden is open like this, people tend to overlook it because they think it's reserved given the configuration of the fences and planters, so at times it can be a good spot to try to get to if needed.

And at the moment this pic was taken - 8:03pm - there was a PP photographer here. He had the flaming pumpkin head magic shot which looks really good with the castle in the background and the daylight at this hour.

In my experience, there are 3 rides at MNSSHP that have consistently long lines (compared to other party lines): Mine Train, Space Mountain, and Haunted Mansion. Everything else can be walk on at times, but those 3 typically will never get below 20 minutes or so, and probably average around 30. Even Pirates with the overlay can be a walk on at times. Typically we FP it just before the party starts, and then come back later to enjoy the entertainment in front of the ride.
The kid definitely wasn't allergic. His parents were in the row behind him laughing about how the kid was making a big deal about the walnuts. But not being allergic didn't stop that kid from talking about the walnuts for the entire ride, lol.

This gets asked about occasionally, but here's what things looked like in the Plaza Garden WEST last Friday. This is the garden in front of Casey's, not the one used for the Plaza Garden viewing dessert party. It is a mirror image layout to the dessert party garden.

This garden is usually open to anyone but occasionally is reserved in whole or in part for various special interest groups. On this night, only a small corner was reserved - the rest was open. When the garden is open like this, people tend to overlook it because they think it's reserved given the configuration of the fences and planters, so at times it can be a good spot to try to get to if needed.

And at the moment this pic was taken - 8:03pm - there was a PP photographer here. He had the flaming pumpkin head magic shot which looks really good with the castle in the background and the daylight at this hour.

View attachment 429648
Is this the area they're using for the Cinderella's castle dining pkg?

Is this the area they're using for the Cinderella's castle dining pkg?

That package uses the Plaza Garden West, although I have not see reports if it's like this (eg, a small roped off area or larger), in this same location in the garden, etc.

What is everyone's best techniques for seeing Jack Skeleton? Seeing Jack will be the highlight of the party for my little girl. I plan on waiting solo and then calling wife/daughter when I get closer to the front. Not sure when best time to get in line. Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks

HM will average 30 minutes on party nights, so if you don’t care about the party “extras” there, I’d advise getting a FP before 6. Just know that the ghosts on the lawn, etc. don’t start until 7.
In my experience, there are 3 rides at MNSSHP that have consistently long lines (compared to other party lines): Mine Train, Space Mountain, and Haunted Mansion. Everything else can be walk on at times, but those 3 typically will never get below 20 minutes or so, and probably average around 30. Even Pirates with the overlay can be a walk on at times. Typically we FP it just before the party starts, and then come back later to enjoy the entertainment in front of the ride.
Thanks!

I wouldn't follow the parade. I would do, and have done last year, exactly what you described by cutting through Adventureland. This was after the second parade and we were trying to get to the last Hocus Pocus show, but the same principle applies now that you need to be up front to see the new fireworks projections. We cut through the path by the bathrooms, made a quick bathroom stop, and made it to the HUB as the parade was rounding. Then we went right to the front by the castle for the show.

One thing to keep in mind if you're doing it for the first parade and fireworks, is that a lot of people who watched the parade will stay in their spot for the fireworks. But the parade route itself will open and people can stand on it in front of the castle. Even if you don't get up front, you can get close in front of Casey's and that garden (not sure if it has a name?) Just make sure to ask a CM if there's one nearby if where you're standing is ok if you're unsure. They were moving people last year on the paths to keep some of them open. Not sure if that will be the same this year.
Thank you for the help! Glad to hear it has worked for you - I think we may try this strategy since we usually watch the 1st parade in Frontierland. I'll make sure to check with cast members that we're in a legit viewing location.

I can't believe I don't remember - but can you pick up the party SoTMK card at 4, or do you have to wait until 7?

What is everyone's best techniques for seeing Jack Skeleton? Seeing Jack will be the highlight of the party for my little girl. I plan on waiting solo and then calling wife/daughter when I get closer to the front. Not sure when best time to get in line. Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks
Get in line as soon as you are eligible to enter the park. If you only have a party ticket, be at MK no later than 3:30 (through bag check, waiting to enter) and head directly to their M&G. If you can be in the park earlier (DVC or day ticket), head to their line about 3:15, that’s usually when it starts forming. They begin greeting guests at 4:30. Enjoy!

Has anyone watched the new firework show from Fantasyland behind the castle? I'm not that interested in the projections, but curious if the firework show is still good back there.

Has anyone watched the new firework show from Fantasyland behind the castle? I'm not that interested in the projections, but curious if the firework show is still good back there.
We didn’t stand there and watch, but we were walking through Fantasyland during the fireworks this past Friday. They were pretty spectacular! They are spread all over the place, but as long as you don’t mind looking around a lot I think you’d enjoy them!

Hey guys can anyone tell me what character lines are like after fireworks until midnight? Thanks.

I saw the 7 Dwarfs after the second parade last year with no wait. They had cut off Minnie's line by then, but the CM's with Goofy were awesome and let us get a picture with him. I believe that was probably right at midnight. Definitely pay attention to the reports from this year though, I think some commented just before me that they cut off the 7 dwarf line early this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter