"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are doing two Christmas Parties this year. 11/22 and 12/22 (will do more if they do the Party Pass!)

We originally booked Tony’s for 11/22, and were going to book the Plaza Garden dessert party for 12/22. Since 12/22 still hasn’t become available, I went ahead and switched our Tony’s reservation to 12/22, and booked the Plaza Garden dessert party for 11/22.

I just got tired of waiting, lol. And I was worried we would eventually find out that there would be no Plaza Garden parties from 11/24 onward, and by the time I found out it would be sold out on 11/22.

So with the new fireworks, where do we think the best viewing spots will be? At this point I'm wondering if garden view will even be opened for those November dates, so time to start thinking about Plan B.

Is there a link with the 2018 dates that sold out and when they sold out? In the first post on the thread it references the 2018 dates but the sold out section doesn't list any dates but I could have missed it.

Thanks

Is there a link with the 2018 dates that sold out and when they sold out? In the first post on the thread it references the 2018 dates but the sold out section doesn't list any dates but I could have missed it.

Thanks
See post #6 for 2018

Thanks!

How forgiving or not are they with changing dates? I can go on either Sunday 11/17 or Tuesday 11/19. Should I just get the tickets for Sunday and then if the weather looks bad will they let me switch to Tuesday (assuming it is not sold out yet) as I get closer? Or should I wait until Friday or Saturday before and then purchase assuming the dates haven't sold out.

I'd rather just get the tickets and plan on Sunday but don't want to go in bad weather.

I'll be staying at the Boardwalk club level so I may ask them to change the dates if I need to.

Thanks!

How forgiving or not are they with changing dates? I can go on either Sunday 11/17 or Tuesday 11/19. Should I just get the tickets for Sunday and then if the weather looks bad will they let me switch to Tuesday (assuming it is not sold out yet) as I get closer? Or should I wait until Friday or Saturday before and then purchase assuming the dates haven't sold out.

I'd rather just get the tickets and plan on Sunday but don't want to go in bad weather.

I'll be staying at the Boardwalk club level so I may ask them to change the dates if I need to.

No, they will not allow a date change. Personally I would not chance waiting to get the tickets due to the risk of sell out.

Thanks!

Technically, tickets are non-refundable, but may people have reported success changing dates or getting refunds, depending on the situation. But I definitely wouldn’t wait on buying for your preferred date now.

I'm thinking they will - they want to draw crowds from GE and keep all the parks full. Extending F&W and offering season passes to parties will keep people moving. It's actually a really smart strategy and that season pass could be really attractive to guests visiting for 10 days. I would choose a season pass over a dessert party any day.
I'm really hoping so! We're going for 2 weeks in November and there are 8 parties during the time that we're there...it would be totally worth it to us so we didn't have to try to cram everything into one night!

Thanks!

Since you are staying club level chances are good that they will work with you on changing the tix if you need to. Boardwalk club level is lovely - enjoy!

No, it should not. However, when booking, book all other days first, then your party FPS.

(Also, FP distribution ends at 6 on party days)
I have a follow up question to this scenario. If I am only entering the parks for MVMCP, am I able to prebook 3 fast passes at the 60 day advance window for the hours in the park between 4:00-6:00? We are only there for a quick trip before heading to spend time with family for Thanksgiving, so I wanted to get the most out of this ticket since this is our only day in a park.

I'm going in December with 6 people to MVMCP. I have 6:00 reservations at CP.
This morning, I see an opening at 3:35. Which would be better?

I'm going in December with 6 people to MVMCP. I have 6:00 reservations at CP.
This morning, I see an opening at 3:35. Which would be better?
Do you plan on using a park ticket that day? You can only enter the park at 4pm with your party ticket, so you would have to use a regular day ticket to get in at 3:35.

Unless you're DVC and then i think you can get in at 2pm?

If you can get in early, then the 3:35 is best because the 6pm may leak into your party time.

I have a follow up question to this scenario. If I am only entering the parks for MVMCP, am I able to prebook 3 fast passes at the 60 day advance window for the hours in the park between 4:00-6:00? We are only there for a quick trip before heading to spend time with family for Thanksgiving, so I wanted to get the most out of this ticket since this is our only day in a park.
Are you staying onsite? If so, yes. If not, you can book at 30 days.

If I am only entering the parks for MVMCP, am I able to prebook 3 fast passes at the 60 day advance window for the hours in the park between 4:00-6:00?
Last year, we did Splash (3:30-4:30). 7DMT (4:30-5:30), and Peter Pan (5:30-6:00). Worked out awesome. We were let in a little before 4:00 which was plenty of time to make it to our first FP.
I'd try real hard to get FP's for 7DMT and Peter Pan, two of the longest ride wait times during the parties. That way, you can cross them off your list and not have to worry about the lines for those during the party.

Last year, we did Splash (3:30-4:30). 7DMT (4:30-5:30), and Peter Pan (5:30-6:00). Worked out awesome. We were let in a little before 4:00 which was plenty of time to make it to our first FP.
I'd try real hard to get FP's for 7DMT and Peter Pan, two of the longest ride wait times during the parties. That way, you can cross them off your list and not have to worry about the lines for those during the party.
Great advice! Thank you! So if I do Peter Pan and 7DMT, what would be the best 3rd FP option, splash, BTMT, or space?

Great advice! Thank you! So if I do Peter Pan and 7DMT, what would be the best 3rd FP option, splash, BTMT, or space?
Honestly, I would do Space Mountain. Hit PP close to 4:30, hop on 7DMT right after, then you should have around 30-45 minutes to do another ride (Pooh or Speedway if line is short, or Barnstormer or Dumbo) then do Space. Splash and BTMR are real close, so you can do those back to back without walking far at the party.
But that's just my suggestion, and you should pick whatever ride you really want to do the most. And of course, whatever is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter