"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year we were there at 8 and this year we'll go a little earlier (like 7:55). This year we're getting a snack first and bringing a book or something to read while we wait!
Okay...where did y’all watch from?

So, is it better to watch the first or 2nd parade? Gonna try to find a spot in Frontierland so we can catch the beginning then go do rides while the parade goes to Main St.
I’ve never been to Disney, so I am suuuuuuper excited.
Not sure if we want to watch stage shows and fireworks, as being in huge throngs of crowds is very scary for me.
When’s the best time to shop for merch?
Hoping I can get haunted mansion, pirates, and space mountain fast passes for before our party actually starts.

So, is it better to watch the first or 2nd parade? Gonna try to find a spot in Frontierland so we can catch the beginning then go do rides while the parade goes to Main St.
I’ve never been to Disney, so I am suuuuuuper excited.
Not sure if we want to watch stage shows and fireworks, as being in huge throngs of crowds is very scary for me.
When’s the best time to shop for merch?
Hoping I can get haunted mansion, pirates, and space mountain fast passes for before our party actually starts.
Even if you FP space mountain you might want to make a trip back during the party, it’s supposed to have a Christmas overlast this year.

We have 6 day park tickets plus the party ticket. When I make fast pass reservations starting at 4 on our party day is it going to let me make 6 other days of fast pass reservations? I’m a little nervous too about entering at 4 using the party ticket and it instead taking a day off my 6 day pass.
*To clarify we technically are going to be in the parks 7 days, 6 day park hopper and 1 day MVMCP.

If I’m understanding your question correctly, you should be able to make 7 total days of FP+ reservations. We did this couple weeks ago - we have 10-day hoppers plus a Halloween Party and were able to make 11 days of FP+ reservations.

For the second part of your question, I second what a PP said, I’d scan the party ticket barcode directly when entering instead of my magic band. But as long as you’re entering through the event line, you should be fine.

For the second part of your question, I second what a PP said, I’d scan the party ticket barcode directly when entering instead of my magic band. But as long as you’re entering through the event line, you should be fine.

Sorry for the tangent but...
I wonder if this is why my dad and I had a bit of difficulty with After Hours at MK. After a day of character hunting at EPCOT, we entered MK through the regular turnstiles prior to the 7:00 entry time (we had 5 day park hoppers but this was on our third day) . We went to one of the in-park kiosks for the wrist band but the scanner was rejecting my magic band. I was about to pull up my tickets on MDE or get the printout to scan, but then the castmember exclaims "I see what happened!" Got the wristband with little delay so no big deal, but makes me wonder if there was a similar conflict that is of concern here.

I'll just have to make note of this for the two parties I have right now. Particularly the one in which I'm going to be in MK all day 🤣.

I am super excited to go to our first MVMCP this year. We have been to Disney many times and in November 2x but never splurged for the Christmas party. We are doing a quick long weekend trip to visit a friend in the college program and check out GE, so the party may be our primary time in MK. So I have a question for the experts here:
We are using a day from our regular tickets to go to EPCOT in the morning and then switching over to MK for the party. We do not have park hoppers (that money went to the party tickets!) so I am assuming we cannot make FP+ selections for EPCOT in the morning and then switch to MK for the 4-6 hours. Is that true?
If we cannot make FP in both parks, would it make more sense to get FP for MK that day instead of EPCOT? The rides we want to do in EPCOT most are all Tier 1 and so we really can only get FP for 1 of those ahead of time. If we use our regular tickets to get into EPCOT - would that delete any FP for MK we made?
TIA

I am super excited to go to our first MVMCP this year. We have been to Disney many times and in November 2x but never splurged for the Christmas party. We are doing a quick long weekend trip to visit a friend in the college program and check out GE, so the party may be our primary time in MK. So I have a question for the experts here:
We are using a day from our regular tickets to go to EPCOT in the morning and then switching over to MK for the party. We do not have park hoppers (that money went to the party tickets!) so I am assuming we cannot make FP+ selections for EPCOT in the morning and then switch to MK for the 4-6 hours. Is that true?
If we cannot make FP in both parks, would it make more sense to get FP for MK that day instead of EPCOT? The rides we want to do in EPCOT most are all Tier 1 and so we really can only get FP for 1 of those ahead of time. If we use our regular tickets to get into EPCOT - would that delete any FP for MK we made?
TIA

I would think you should be able to get a 4th+ fastpass at MK based on your party ticket after using up your Epcot ticket, but the only time we have tried that we had hoppers so I don't have first-hand experience. But since it allows you to book FPs in advance for MK based on a party ticket even if you had no other ticket that day, it should let you book a same-day fastpass there since there is not a separate system for FPs booked ahead of time and FPs booked same day.

If you decide to go with booking your three advance FPs at MKs, entering Epcot in the morning will not delete those FPs.

TIA
Correct, you can only prebook in one park. I’d recommend booking your FPs for MK if you won’t use more than 1 in Epcot. You can enter EP no problem and ride standby while you’re there. You could also prebook 1 FP in EP and then as soon as you use it, book your other 2 for MK, but would be limited to day-of availability.

Has anyone had any luck with Minnie's Christmastime Fireworks Dessert Party - Plaza Garden viewing for December dates yet? I'm really hoping they will be available for our Dec 22 party date...but so far nothing. I have my fingers crossed :)

I have been trying to get November 24th plaza dessert party and that one hasn't been available either, although the terrace party is open for reservations.

I have read through most of the thread...wondering if anyone has confirmed 4pm entry time for party with Disney? Am thinking of doing 3 party days without having a park ticket for those days and 4pm entry would be great!

I have read through most of the thread...wondering if anyone has confirmed 4pm entry time for party with Disney? Am thinking of doing 3 party days without having a park ticket for those days and 4pm entry would be great!

Per page 1 of this thread -

What time does MVMCP start? What time can I enter the park?
MVMCP officially starts at 7pm. Guests may enter Magic Kingdom using their party tickets starting at 4pm. This practice is not officially advertised by Disney, but it has been exercised for many years and Cast Members will readily confirm this information. None of the party-specific M&Gs or treats will begin until 7pm, with a few M&G exceptions.

Back for 2019 – Early Entry for DVC Members
This year, Members and their guests can enter Magic Kingdom park starting at 2:00 PM, which is 2 hours earlier than ever before! Simply present your valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and your event ticket at the main entrance touchpoints to take advantage of this benefit. The benefit is valid for the Member and up to 7 guests with tickets to this event (a total of 8 people).

We entered at 4pm using our party ticket for the MNSSHP last year.

We have always watched the 8:30 parade around the hub area. Wanting to try watching from Frontier land area so we don't have to line up so early. Around what time do you need to be in place to get a good viewing spot and where are the best places to set up in that area?
Our VERY fave place is right in front of Pecos Bills! We get a spot and my kids stay there while I go get snacks and drinks for all of us. I would get there 45 min before to be safe!

Has anyone had any luck with Minnie's Christmastime Fireworks Dessert Party - Plaza Garden viewing for December dates yet? I'm really hoping they will be available for our Dec 22 party date...but so far nothing. I have my fingers crossed :)
No, November isn't available yet either.

Just for fun , I went and clicked on the other Nov dates and see what you are saying. Looks like all but the 24th are bookable . No idea why. Good luck. Hope it changes for you soon .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter