Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

Our party is on Oct 29th. I know it's a long way from now but I don't understand something, never been to an AHE but is this normal?

Magic Kingdom: WDW Direct link
Park Hours: 9:00 AM to 8:30 PM
Park Hopper Availability: 2:00 PM to 8:30 PM

And then there's this...

Extended Evening Hours
For Guests of Disney Deluxe Resorts and Other Select Hotels

Extended for how long if Magic Kingdom closes at 8:30pm? Is this the cause for the heavier crowds and posters seeing guests without party wristbands?

As you can see, this is specifically for Magic Kingdom, Oct 29th

That doesn't seem right. My guess for people without wrist bands are day guests that are hovering and avoiding CMs that will usher them toward the exit. Allowing the Deluxe Extended Hours on event days would just be wrong on many, many levels.

Our party is on Oct 29th. I know it's a long way from now but I don't understand something, never been to an AHE but is this normal?

Magic Kingdom: WDW Direct link
Park Hours: 9:00 AM to 8:30 PM
Park Hopper Availability: 2:00 PM to 8:30 PM

And then there's this...

Extended Evening Hours
For Guests of Disney Deluxe Resorts and Other Select Hotels

Extended for how long if Magic Kingdom closes at 8:30pm? Is this the cause for the heavier crowds and posters seeing guests without party wristbands?

As you can see, this is specifically for Magic Kingdom, Oct 29th

Long story short: This won't be happening at Magic Kingdom on that day. So thankfully they're not double booking your ticketed event!

It's strange how they do it, but that wording is on every day for every park. I guess they're doing it as a marketing thing to let people know this newly modified service exists.

Here is the full list of dates/times/parks that get the extended evening hours: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/extended-evening/

If you look at the five day calendar around your date, you'll see 10/27 is the only date to actually have the extended hours posted:

Does anyone know if Ubers/Lyfts are available after Boo Bash and if its easy or difficult to get one? Have a ticket for tonight, staying offsite with no car. Wondering if I should try and get a rental car for one day. Thanks!

We went to the Sunday Boo Bash this past weekend. We've done a number of after hours events and this was way way more crowded. We were disappointed. Expected there to be more people but not that many more.

Does anyone know if Ubers/Lyfts are available after Boo Bash and if its easy or difficult to get one? Have a ticket for tonight, staying offsite with no car. Wondering if I should try and get a rental car for one day. Thanks!

Were you asking about getting an Uber/Lyft at the Transportation & Ticket Center after Boo Bash? Or were you planning to walk to the Contemporary and try to get an Uber/Lyft from there?

Has anyone had an luck canceling Boo Bash without canceling their resort reservations and receiving credit that could be used for future tickets? With all the dining experiences, dessert parties etc. coming out today I am now wishing I hadn't booked Boo Bash so early. I simply can't fit everything in to a short 3-day trip.

Has anyone had an luck canceling Boo Bash without canceling their resort reservations and receiving credit that could be used for future tickets? With all the dining experiences, dessert parties etc. coming out today I am now wishing I hadn't booked Boo Bash so early. I simply can't fit everything in to a short 3-day trip.
We have one member of our party who is no longer traveling with us. We called to see if we could cancel her BooBash ticket and were told no, but we can get a credit for the unused ticket. They said we'd have to see guest services once we get there for the details. I fear we can't get the credit until after the party, which unfortunately is scheduled for our last night. I'd like to get the credit earlier and add park hoppers to the tickets for those that are going for the week.

Does anyone have any insight regarding what the bus lines/times are like after the party ends?

We were there Sunday. We left just after 11:30, buses seemed to be running normally, at the usual resort bus stops. We are at YC, our Y & B bus back to the hotel was full when it left at 11:50.

We have one member of our party who is no longer traveling with us. We called to see if we could cancel her BooBash ticket and were told no, but we can get a credit for the unused ticket. They said we'd have to see guest services once we get there for the details. I fear we can't get the credit until after the party, which unfortunately is scheduled for our last night. I'd like to get the credit earlier and add park hoppers to the tickets for those that are going for the week.

Call again, hopefully you'll speak to someone willing to help you. I wouldn't stop trying. Explain why it's important for you to do this now rather than later. Good luck!

Boo Bash was tough last night;

Splash Mountain - closed
Peter Pan - closed
Haunted Mansion - closed for half the party
Mine Train - closed for half the party
Overcrowded (social distancing has completely disappeared now, especially in lines)

oh well - we tried it!
Hi all! We were at boo bash last night and had a phenomenal time!

it was myself, husband and three kiddos (12, 10, and 7)

Our priorities were to see fireworks (they weren’t doing them when we were here in May) and to ride as many rides as we could.

We hit a snafu with traveling from Wilderness Lodge to MK (boats just stopped running) so we ended up taking a Uber to the contemporary and walking over. We arrived a few minutes after 7 and breezed right on in.

I will say there was a really large crowd at guest relations outside the park when we walked in. No idea what for though.

We had planned on doing things before fireworks but when we walked down Main Street at 7:15 it was already getting crowded so we found a good spot and had a seat.

It was hard not to feel like we weren’t wasting time just sitting there but my husband kept reminding me this was a priority for us.

So glad we stayed because the view was great and I cried. Really glad we had one more chance to see the show.

After Fireworks we headed straight for Small World (it’s our family tradition to ride it first) and to wait for it to clear out.

Here’s everything we did:
Small world
Drinks - no line
Friars nook mobile order - trick or treat while waiting)
Ariel tot
Barnstormer
Tot
Space
Tot
7DMT 15 minute wait
Ice cream
Big thunder
Popcorn & drinks
Cavalcade (tot while waiting)
Pirates
Cavalcade villains
Haunted mansion posted 25 actual 15 including stretching room
Splash (one last tot for 7 & hubs)
Walked out of the park at 12:28

Everything but 7DMT and HM were actual walk ons. We only did 7DMT because a friend was there and wanted us to ride with her kids as she gets motion sickness.

I wish we had skipped HM as it meant we missed Malificent’s Dragon but oh well.

We got a good deal on a two night DVC at WL and so literally only came down for the party. We spent the rest of the time at the pool and brunch at Topolino’s.

We were just down in May for six nights over Memorial Day weekend. We’ve never been to Disney twice in one year.

So was it worth it? Yes. Absolutely. Compared to the lines we saw in May, these were an absolute breeze. Compared to the crowd levels of a previous Halloween party, the crowd was so much less.

However, there were still people everywhere. It’s just that not everyone was riding rides. There was enough to do to spread everyone out.The two cavalcades we did see, we walked right up and got great spots. We never stood in line for candy or treats or drinks.

HOWEVER, because there are still a lot of people at the event, even in the middle of the party, I thought to myself, five minutes could make or break your experience. For instance, we got into 7DMT right after it was reopened. If we had to wait in the line while it was not running and then asked to leave, our experience would have been totally different.

Still, it was super fun and I am so glad we did it and hoping we can make a similar trip happen for Christmas too.
Its so crazy that you guys were at the same party and had such vastly different experiences.

I was able to return unassigned, unused future Boo Bash tickets for day tickets, and then I was able to use the day tickets to my new AP!

I guess a lot of people are returning these, because they had a whole process for it.

Were you asking about getting an Uber/Lyft at the Transportation & Ticket Center after Boo Bash? Or were you planning to walk to the Contemporary and try to get an Uber/Lyft from there?

I was wondering about this too. I’m good walking to the Contemporary or going to TTC. Which is better/easier/faster?

Is any one seeing "tickets available for tonight's event" signs while heading into Boo Bash. Was wondering if its possible to get tickets day of..

I have also been thinking about One Day Memory Maker at the party…. Has anyone done that? About how many pics do you get? I’ll be by myself so it might be the only way I get a few pics!

Whichever one works best! I did take a Lyft to my hotel today and I asked the driver if I would have any trouble getting a ride and he said there would be plenty of drivers

I wish they’d let you resell them if you can’t use them. Your week (from your sig line) is the week we need them for, and I’m desperately hoping that we’ll luck into getting them day-of. We had to cancel our original September trip, and our BB tickets got swapped for the stupid Xmas one, which isn’t our thing at all…

I was able to return unassigned, unused future Boo Bash tickets for day tickets, and then I was able to use the day tickets to my new AP!

I guess a lot of people are returning these, because they had a whole process for it.

Did you do this over the phone or in-person at guest services? When we called last week we were on hold for at least 30 minutes and then had to leave a message for a call back. We got the call back about 5 hours later and they basically said can't refund. Only will have a ticket credit in my account. Gave no details (my husband took the call and didn't ask many questions though either!) on how to actually do that so we figured we'd hit guest services the day we arrive to try and get it figured out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter