Official Avengers 2017

All right folks, I had mentioned earlier that we should try to do a race meet up and since this is our last Disneyland Race Meet Up.... let's get planning :)

Here are some options we can do to get the ball rolling
  • Thursday expo race pick up
  • Friday pre and post 5K
  • Saturday pre and post 10K
  • Sunday pre and post half

Ideas:
  • Meet in the Lilo area before and/or after the race with a sign?
  • Park time?
  • Beer time?
  • Something else?
I can definitely be there for a post half meet up on Sunday! Beer time is always an excellent post race option IMO but I'm up for anything! If you do a post 10K meet up I can possibly be there. Just depends on timing. I fly in on Saturday morning and once I drop my bags at the hotel I want to hit the Expo. Hoping theres at least some merchandise left but I'm kinda doubting it with this being the last Disneyland race :(

So, I registered on the 14th, just last week. I went to print the waver and it says wavers up until registrations received by the 13th! So does that mean I'll find out my corral when I pick up my bib at the expo?????
I read on one of the facebook groups that it was posted somewhere that they would be adding waivers so to check back later?

Very disappointed in the spread for the corrals.... D for the half, with a 19 minute spread between 2:31 and 2:50. Probably won't be a 2:30 pacer at all. There's a 16 minute spread in the corral ahead, which doesn't seem safe at all!

It's going to be a very slow spread in the back half of the race corrals - very many 2:45 and slower people in the race.... time to throw in my earbuds and rock out my goodbye to Disneyland races.
I am in D too! I'm surprised that corral goes to 2:50 when the cut off was 2:45.

I am in D too! I'm surprised that corral goes to 2:50 when the cut off was 2:45.

YEAH! I get to see you in the corrals :banana:

The only thing I can think of is that the cutoff is 2:45 and there's people who may have submitted a POT that got up to 2:50 and tried for 2:45.

Or, there's significantly less people than we think with 2:31-2:44.... which means there's a LOT of people w/o POT for this race. :confused3

I was totally gonna do the Kessell Run next year for my coast to coast, but Wrestlemania is the same month as Dark Side and me are my friends are going to that so I randomly decided to do this race for the coast to coast. Thank goodness for Wrestlemania making me jump and do Super Heroes! hahaha

I am in for the half! I could not sit and watch this "last race" from FB! Flying in Sat AM from Denver and out Sunday afternoon. I just love running at DL too much. Plan to take those first miles in the park SLOW to soak it all in.

Hope I can make a meet up with all of you. Been more of a lurker than a poster but always inspired by this group. I found a "hotel" room but still looking for other options as it seems only the most sketchy ones are left at this point. Yikes!

And have been taking a bit of time off from longer distances this summer/fall, but did the 5K/10K R&R Denver last weekend with my daughter. Time to get some miles in before the 12th!

Corral B for me. I was A/B last time I ran in DL (DDD in 2014), but my PR from 2015 was too old for this year's registration. I will be taking every photo possible! Without runDisney, there is no reason for us to return to DL for who-knows-how-long.

I am in for the half! I could not sit and watch this "last race" from FB! Flying in Sat AM from Denver and out Sunday afternoon. I just love running at DL too much. Plan to take those first miles in the park SLOW to soak it all in.

Hope I can make a meet up with all of you. Been more of a lurker than a poster but always inspired by this group. I found a "hotel" room but still looking for other options as it seems only the most sketchy ones are left at this point. Yikes!

And have been taking a bit of time off from longer distances this summer/fall, but did the 5K/10K R&R Denver last weekend with my daughter. Time to get some miles in before the 12th!

Check Park Vue Inn's website. They are showing a couple rooms for Nov 11th and they're right at the crosswalk on Harbor.

I asked this over on the DL boards too but I'll post here as well. This is my first solo trip. I'm flying in/out of John Wayne airport. As a single fiemal traveler, Should I take Uber or Super Shuttle? I was gonna just do Uber so I get to my hotel quickly but Im a little nervous not having another rider in the car with me. Thoughts?

I asked this over on the DL boards too but I'll post here as well. This is my first solo trip. I'm flying in/out of John Wayne airport. As a single fiemal traveler, Should I take Uber or Super Shuttle? I was gonna just do Uber so I get to my hotel quickly but Im a little nervous not having another rider in the car with me. Thoughts?
I know Uber has a feature where you can share your location with friends and your ETA and stuff. My sister uses it a lot and she calls when she makes it so we know she’s okay!

I'm only signed up for the 5k and 10k. I can't find anything about those individual corrals and only see a bib number on my waivers. Any help on finding corrals?

They don't release the corrals for the 5K or 10K early like they do for the Half. It's a wait and see...

Corral B for me. I was A/B last time I ran in DL (DDD in 2014), but my PR from 2015 was too old for this year's registration. I will be taking every photo possible! Without runDisney, there is no reason for us to return to DL for who-knows-how-long.

Wow, so the times don't even last for more than 2 years? Maybe I'll just take it easy and not try to PR these races then. I think it'll be the last DL races for a few years at least...

Wow, so the times don't even last for more than 2 years? Maybe I'll just take it easy and not try to PR these races then. I think it'll be the last DL races for a few years at least...
My PR was from March 2015, so it didn't count. I think they do take times within two years of race date - but I definitely don't think DL races will come back in time to use a PR from Avengers 2017.

Uber is awesome here - very safe. You have my number to give me a call in case you run into any problems. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter