Official Avengers 2017

Thanks for the pointer about the Disneyland board, I'll check there :) I need to work on my outfit this weekend. I'm going as Ms. Marvel so I have red running tights, red arm warmers and a red head band. I have a blue tech shirt that I just need to paint a lightning bolt on and that should be it :)

I'm getting pretty excited! This will be my first Disneyland race (and apparently last for a while). My understanding is that there isn't anything like Magical Express at Disneyland, right? Our plane should be landing at LAX around 9:45am on Friday. I'm doing the challenge but I assume that will be plenty of time to get to the expo in time to get my bib since it's open to 8pm. Is uber/lyft the best option to get from LAX to Disneyland? Anyone have an estimate on how long it would take around that time of day on a Friday? Thanks!

There is a Magical Express for Disneyland. it just isn't free. Google GrayLine Disneyland express bus and it would come up for you. (not sure if we can put links here)
They are on a set schedule.
there is a 945 bus that starts on terminal one (so about 955/10 by the time it hits terminal 6) that is probably tight for you to catch. next bus is 1045. cost is $30 one way and $50 round trip (I think) and you can get a discount off the orange county tourism sight.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Good luck to anyone running their last long run before the race. As for me, I've got two more long runs before the race, but that's what happens when you sign up 3 weeks before the race.

In the meantime, 7 miles aren't going to run themselves.

Was supposed to do my last long run of 10 miles yesterday but instead I have a cold! So I guess 8.5 is going to be my longest run before this race. I thought about doing 10 next Sunday but I think my legs will actually do better on race day if I keep it to 6. I know I can finish though. And I was planning on this being a slow run anyway. I'll enjoy the parks and get to work on the streets!

Got my tank I ordered. Its not the typical style I run in so I'll do a few training runs and see how it feels. I don't have a back up option so it better work!

@Chaitali we flew home out of LAX once and we just took uber from our hotel to the airport. I think it was about $45 or so.

DA301FA7-5965-4C2F-B8A2-1DDF0FA6E6C2.jpeg The Galloway Pacers have received our corral assignments. Look for me and my husband leading the 3-hour party in Corral H!

Was supposed to do my last long run of 10 miles yesterday but instead I have a cold! So I guess 8.5 is going to be my longest run before this race. I thought about doing 10 next Sunday but I think my legs will actually do better on race day if I keep it to 6. I know I can finish though. And I was planning on this being a slow run anyway. I'll enjoy the parks and get to work on the streets!

Got my tank I ordered. Its not the typical style I run in so I'll do a few training runs and see how it feels. I don't have a back up option so it better work!

@Chaitali we flew home out of LAX once and we just took uber from our hotel to the airport. I think it was about $45 or so.
Colds are no fun. I caught one 2 days after my 14 mile run leading up to the 2012 Wine & Dine Half. Threw a major wrench into my taper, but also contributed to convincing me that a multi race challenge event was possible.

I have a question for the southern California locals who drive to Disneyland for the race days. My hotel is the Ramada on 921 S. Harbor. It's on the ART route, but it looks like ART does not actually serve this hotel on race morning. Instead I can either walk .3 miles to the nearest ART pickup on race morning or drive to the Mickey and Friends parking structure. If I choose to drive, how much time should I allot to make it to my corral comfortably? Or am I better off making the short walk to the nearest ART pickup on race morning?

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 280652 The Galloway Pacers have received our corral assignments. Look for me and my husband leading the 3-hour party in Corral H!

Bummed I won’t be running with you in the 3 hour party. More surprised that D got the 2:30 pacer when the spread was 2:31-2:50.

That said, now I’m rethinking my strategy for the race weekend. Dang it!! Just got my sub 2:30 finally at RNR LA and wanted that 10k PR. Now.... hmm.

So question.... I don't really know much about the Avengers franchise and kind of signed up on a whim a few months ago. I'm more DC than Marvel... For those of you dressing up, what are you going as? Debating if I want to fit into the Avengers universe, or if I take a COMPLETE left turn and do something random altogether. I just might have to be Rey for one of the races in memory of LS 18!

So question.... I don't really know much about the Avengers franchise and kind of signed up on a whim a few months ago. I'm more DC than Marvel... For those of you dressing up, what are you going as? Debating if I want to fit into the Avengers universe, or if I take a COMPLETE left turn and do something random altogether. I just might have to be Rey for one of the races in memory of LS 18!
I just went with an Avengers themed shirt. But I thought about wearing my LS outfit I had planned!

I'm wearing BB-8 gear. I only signed up for the 5K last-minute because LS was cancelled.

I bought a Batman running shirt since he's my favorite superhero, but seeing a gym employee dressed as Luke Skywalker with Yoda training him gave me the idea to wear my Batman shirt anyways, but with a Yoda backpack as a tribute to Light Side 2018.

My outfits will be my best raw threads tanks and sparkle athletic skirt.

5k - Iron Man
10k - Hulk
HM - black widow or my kellsies hope shirt (I’m running charity - but if the shirt is not breathable I’ll skip wearing it)

View attachment 280652 The Galloway Pacers have received our corral assignments. Look for me and my husband leading the 3-hour party in Corral H!
Could it be possible to remind your pace group to remain only 2-3 abreast (except inside the parks, then 2 max)? For the Full marathon this past January the galloway pace groups were a large mass, blocking much of the course.

Could it be possible to remind your pace group to remain only 2-3 abreast (except inside the parks, then 2 max)? For the Full marathon this past January the galloway pace groups were a large mass, blocking much of the course.
Nothing against the Galloway group, but they were doing that too at the Disneyland Half back in September. I'm glad there is a motivational group, but please don't block the whole path.

Nothing against the Galloway group, but they were doing that too at the Disneyland Half back in September. I'm glad there is a motivational group, but please don't block the whole path.

I've run a lot of runDisney events. This seems to be the case for every race. It would be helpful if in their pace group leader briefing they were asked to try to minimize the solid wall of runners.

The Galloway 2:45 pacer for princess this year was awesome. She yelled at everyone to stay 2 by 2 the entire time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter