Official Avengers 2017

I am flying in on Saturday morning and out Sunday afternoon. I splurged on park tix for both days since without RD it will be a LONG time before I am back in DL. Any suggestions on things to do while in the parks solo?? Never been solo- I know it will packed!

I am flying in on Saturday morning and out Sunday afternoon. I splurged on park tix for both days since without RD it will be a LONG time before I am back in DL. Any suggestions on things to do while in the parks solo?? Never been solo- I know it will packed!

Be sure and take in some of the Christmas fun! You can Fastpass both Haunted Mansion Holiday and It's a small world Holiday. I love the Christmas Fireworks. Also make use of Single rider lines on rides like California Screamin', Splash Mt., Matterhorn, etc.

For the Disneyland Half weekend I went on my first Solo trip to Disneyland and had a great time. I made a video with a few tips for solo trips... Hope this helps:

I have done very little to train for the race, and even less to plan for my time in Anaheim. I anticipate I will arrive in Anaheim around 5pm on Friday and will need to eat dinner and go get my bib (and likely talk to runner relations as I seem to have to registrations in my name and zero in my husbands) and head to bed by 9pm. Having been to the land all of once, can someone comment on the availability of non-park restaurants having tables for walk up on Friday evening? Am I better off dealing with the bib issue and driving somewhere else in town?

It's not too late to go to DL's website or to the DL app and try to make a reservation at any of the on-property hotels. Paradise Pier's buffet often has availability up until the day of, as do some of the Downtown Disney places.

For walk up, Tortilla Jo's almost always has seating without too long a wait, and sometimes ESPN. If you're a Landry's member then you can get seated at Rainforest pretty quickly. If you're not looking for fancy, Whitewater Snacks at the Grand is a great place to get a not-too-crowded inexpensive bite to eat (it's an order-at-the-register and they bring food to your table place), and if you're looking for fancy, Napa Rose's bar area sometimes has availability, as does the Hearthstone Lounge inside the Grand's lobby.

First back to back runDisney weekends for me. This week has been all about the quick recovery and turn around time from Wine & Dine to Avengers. Its my own double challenge. Can't wait to close out the year of racing at Disneyland and the last runDisney event on the west coast for the foreseeable future! Anyone else doing both?

I really can't believe how close we are! I can't wait to see race shirts and merchandise! I don't fly out until Saturday but this week is going to fly by for me. I'm so busy with stuff going on at home and with the kids right now that I haven't even thought about packing yet! Good news is that I'm off work on Friday so I'll be able to take care of it then!

I hope to see you at some point @kirstie101! Maybe we can organize an official meet before the half marathon at 4am in LILO. Come by and say hi between 4-430am before we take off for the corrals at 430am :)

I would focus on what is unique to Disneyland that is not found at WDW or so substantially different that it's a different experience. For instance, while both Disneyland and the MK share a ride called Pirates of the Caribbean, the rides are very different. Likewise, It's a Small World and Haunted Mansion actually have holiday overlays. Disneyland will also have the holiday fireworks showing

I’m flying in Thursday and leaving Monday! How insanely busy are the parks gonna be?
Between Veterans Day on Friday and the kickoff to the holidays, I expect the parks will be insanely busy.

Saturday will be the first time (1) I travel more than 30 miles to run (2) I run 6.2 miles (I did not quite make it to that distance in 'training'). What do you all pack in your bag for the race? What do you carry with you to the starting line in the morning? I generally leave my front door and run with kleenex, chapstick, andy my phone- so standing around for an hour is definitely new to me!

The Galloway 2:45 pacer for princess this year was awesome. She yelled at everyone to stay 2 by 2 the entire time.
Thanks for sharing that... that was my pace partner! I usually yell out the walk/run countdown while she yells the “no more than 2 abreast” reminders. Our Galloway Program coordinator reminds us to do this before each race weekend, and I’m sorry to hear some of you encountered pacers who didn’t do this. With runners joining us at random points along the way, we feel like we can’t say it often enough. Even though we’ve been reminding people for the past 2+ hours, we know some are hearing it for the very first time when they hop in with us — or find themselves right in the midst of our group. (And yes, we apologize to the runners who are being reminded for the 99th time. Our return runners do an excellent job of keeping to the side during the walks, and we are very grateful for them!)

First back to back runDisney weekends for me. This week has been all about the quick recovery and turn around time from Wine & Dine to Avengers. Its my own double challenge. Can't wait to close out the year of racing at Disneyland and the last runDisney event on the west coast for the foreseeable future! Anyone else doing both?

We are doing the back to back as well! I think my body is just getting enough rest this week to go for another 19.3. I'm glad we are staying on property and can roll out of bed just before the start, instead of getting up at 3am EST to get on a bus by 4am. For the Wine & Dine 10k, we got there way too early and sat around near/in the corrals for over an hour.

If anyone is willing to post merchandise photos from the expo during the next couple days I would greatly appreciate it. I wont be making it to the expo until Sat morning and I am very excited to see what is/was available. Thank you in advance!

Super excited for my first Disneyland race.

We’re gonna get MaxPass for at least one of our days, does this allow for free race photo downloads?
Remember that MaxPass only gets you free downloads for the day that you order MaxPass, so if you ordered it for a non race day, you would have to pay to get the race photos.

Now, my annual pass currently includes photo downloads and I was able to download all my photos from this year's Rebel Challenge and my all my sister's photos from the half. She did not buy a park ticket for that weekend or the photo package they were selling at the Expo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter