Official Avengers 2017

Somehow I didn’t get notices that anyone had posted on this thread so I had 3 pages to catch up on! I’m so glad everyone seems to be doing well on their training. I agree, after seeing the W&D shirts, I’m excited to see ours. Training came to a screeching halt a week ago after doing something to my knee. I’ve iced and massaged and it seems to be coming around. I skipped the half I had signed up for last Sat to let my knee heal some more. I did the bike at Orangetheory on Tuesday and seemed fine. We modified everything else so I could still work out. I signed up for the 5K but I’ll see how I’m doing next week. I may skip it. I really want to finish the half and get my coast to coast medal!

We are a week away from the expo. In the next week we will see what the shirts look like and the merch too!

Who else is getting excited? :)

I can't wait to see the race shirts and expo merch! I did the inaugural Avengers race but I was given a mens shirt instead of womens so it was huge on me. I donated it to goodwill eventually. I'm excited to add an avengers/super heroes shirt to my collection and this time I will make sure its a womens shirt! As its the last race in Disneyland for awhile at least, I'm assuming official merchandise will sell faster than normal. What do you think? I did preorder the jacket so I'll at least get that! I'm excited to see what there is though.

So excited! This is the first time I'm doing a challenge so I have three shirts to be excited about :) I also saw a post yesterday indicating that there would be some sort of holiday festival at California Adventure with food booths so that's one more thing I'm excited about. http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/disney-festival-of-holidays-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

I enjoyed the food booths during our Christmas trip last year but I enjoyed them even more during the food and wine fest when they lowered the prices a bit! So I'm hoping this years Festival of Holidays booths reflect the lower prices! This is one reason I didn't bother with dining reservations. I like grazing through the food booths!

I have done very little to train for the race, and even less to plan for my time in Anaheim. I anticipate I will arrive in Anaheim around 5pm on Friday and will need to eat dinner and go get my bib (and likely talk to runner relations as I seem to have to registrations in my name and zero in my husbands) and head to bed by 9pm. Having been to the land all of once, can someone comment on the availability of non-park restaurants having tables for walk up on Friday evening? Am I better off dealing with the bib issue and driving somewhere else in town?

We are a week away from the expo. In the next week we will see what the shirts look like and the merch too!

Who else is getting excited? :)
The excitement is building, but will really go higher after my 10 mile run this weekend.

Somehow I didn’t get notices that anyone had posted on this thread so I had 3 pages to catch up on! I’m so glad everyone seems to be doing well on their training. I agree, after seeing the W&D shirts, I’m excited to see ours. Training came to a screeching halt a week ago after doing something to my knee. I’ve iced and massaged and it seems to be coming around. I skipped the half I had signed up for last Sat to let my knee heal some more. I did the bike at Orangetheory on Tuesday and seemed fine. We modified everything else so I could still work out. I signed up for the 5K but I’ll see how I’m doing next week. I may skip it. I really want to finish the half and get my coast to coast medal!
Best of luck in healing up. I personally believe that with a Coast to Coast on the line, finishing the half is much more important than your time.

I can't wait to see the race shirts and expo merch! I did the inaugural Avengers race but I was given a mens shirt instead of womens so it was huge on me. I donated it to goodwill eventually. I'm excited to add an avengers/super heroes shirt to my collection and this time I will make sure its a womens shirt! As its the last race in Disneyland for awhile at least, I'm assuming official merchandise will sell faster than normal. What do you think? I did preorder the jacket so I'll at least get that! I'm excited to see what there is though.
I fully expect the merchandise to go quickly. I may get an I Did It shirt for the half if I like it well enough, but I also won't be at all surprised if most merchandise sells out within hours on Thursday when the Expo opens. With this at least being the last Disneyland race for 2 years, if not longer, I expect the secondary market resellers to be out in droves.

Does anyone know the names of the ballon ladies/gentlemen for Avengers weekend?

If anyone is planning on ordering a skirt from Sparkle Athletic (#TeamSparkle), they're doing a promotion for Expo Pick up. All orders placed over $15 for expo pick up receive a pair of sparkle wrist bands for free. Just throw the bands you want into your cart and use the code "superhero" for the $6 discount :)

I got my green ones for my 10K Hulk Outfit. Woot Woot!

In some fun news, with the new movie out Thor and Loki have both been in California for meet and greets. Previously Loki was only on the cruise ships. So my guess is we will see both of them on the course (at least for the Thor 10K) and then you can get pictures in the parks with them and your metals!!

Getting excited! We are doing the 10K and staying at the DLH. Last race (Avengers 2015) we stayed at the Best Western and got to the corral area way too early. How does security work from DLH? It wasn't bad at all from Harbor that year, but like I said, we were pretty early! I do think we had to go through twice if I remember right. How early would you recommend we leave the hotel to be in place early enough.... but not freezing our tushies too long? Thanks!

Got my 10.5 mile run in yesterday. Difficult, but done. And considering that I only started training 2 weeks ago, I'm okay with that. Now to decide which hotel reservation to cancel. I found one at Desert Inn and Suites, but it's much more expensive than Ramada Maingate north of Disneyland. Still something to be said about staying so close that I don't need to worry about the ART shuttles, especially for the race.

Ugh- my long run today was not "wonderful" or as "long" as I had hoped.
This train for a 1/2 in 3 weeks has not been easy. I had not done any long runs since May this year.
But I plan to take it SLOW and enjoy the first miles in the parks anyway, so I only have to "run" 9 miles...right? :earboy2:
Luckily my POT put me in C- I might need that extra buffer this time.
Weather looks awesome for next weekend. Yay!

While I'm SO excited for this race I think I'm going to be having the "Senior year of high school" moments where silly little things will make me a little sad since it will be our last race at Disneyland for the foreseeable future. "Oh its the last time getting my bib", "last time running past the World of Color fountains", "last time running down Main Street", etc.

Getting excited! We are doing the 10K and staying at the DLH. Last race (Avengers 2015) we stayed at the Best Western and got to the corral area way too early. How does security work from DLH? It wasn't bad at all from Harbor that year, but like I said, we were pretty early! I do think we had to go through twice if I remember right. How early would you recommend we leave the hotel to be in place early enough.... but not freezing our tushies too long? Thanks!

From the DLH just head into Downtown Disney and they will have the security checks right there as they do for when you are headed to the parks. For the Disneyland 10K 2017 there was basically no wait for the security line when I arrived at like 4:25ish. I spent a little bit of time in the pre race area getting some pictures and then went over in the corrals 20 minutes before start time. The corrals were decently full when I got over there so if I wanted to be closer to the front I likely should have been there 30 minutes before, but I was fine with where I was at. So if you want a really good spot in the corrals I would say be there 30+ minutes early, if you are ok with being in the middle of your corral 20 minutes before is fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter