OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

You just have to wait until it comes into dock. The Columbia picks up and unloads passengers at the same dock as the Mark Twain (in Frontierland). Just note that they don't always run the Columbia, so check to see if you see it in dock over by the Haunted Mansion.
Is there any rhyme or reason to when It runs? We've never ridden it either and want to make sure we do this time.

It used to be that they only used the Columbia on "crowded" days. I don't know if that's true anymore, but we saw both running two weekends ago when it was pretty busy. They might also be running both right now because the ROA just came back up and it's pretty popular (and a good way to see the new portion of TSI and the train track). Just note, the Columbia has no almost no covered area (unlike the Mark Twain) so I don't know if it runs in the rain and in the summer, it can be really hot on the deck (no shade!).

Here's a silly question - how do we get a ride on the Columbia? Last time we were too busy and didn't get a chance to hit up the Mark Twain or Columbia, and when I was there last year, they were both tied up due to RoA being out of bounds.
There are no silly questions...when you head into Frontierland from the hub you walk to the water and the loading dock is right in front of you. It looks like a large gazebo.

What happens with the fireworks on New Years eve? Do they show the seasonal fireworks and then special fireworks at midnight?

We just booked airline tickets for a very quick trip the first weekend in December. (Flying in Saturday, 12/2 and home Sunday 12/3). It's been five years since we went at Christmas time and I know that doesn't seem like a long time, but it's my favorite time of the year.

Will you get to visit the parks on both days?

Planning on it. We land at LAX at 7:15 a.m. Saturday morning and depart at 8:15 p.m. on Sunday night.

I know that's Candlelight Processional weekend so it might be a little crazy. But flights were a little cheaper the first weekend. And really, it's just to take in the Christmas atmosphere and eat the yummy treats. Haha!

Is there anyway to see the Candlelight Processional without staking out a spot all day? Like a dining package or anything?

A co worker has expressed interest in having me bring her a candy cane. I'm game. Is there a thread or something that can make it easy peasy for me to get her one?

Planning on it. We land at LAX at 7:15 a.m. Saturday morning and depart at 8:15 p.m. on Sunday night.

I know that's Candlelight Processional weekend so it might be a little crazy. But flights were a little cheaper the first weekend. And really, it's just to take in the Christmas atmosphere and eat the yummy treats. Haha!

Is there anyway to see the Candlelight Processional without staking out a spot all day? Like a dining package or anything?
Don't quote me on this but I believe it is VIP seating only. Maybe with a tour? Anybody...

Any thoughts on which Candlelight Processional Show is best? My guess is that the 5pm show will still be too much daylight out. I'm debating between a Teppan Edo reservation with a 5pm show or a Coral Reef reservation with a 6:45pm show. Thoughts?

Any thoughts on which Candlelight Processional Show is best? My guess is that the 5pm show will still be too much daylight out. I'm debating between a Teppan Edo reservation with a 5pm show or a Coral Reef reservation with a 6:45pm show. Thoughts?
Are you going to WDW?

Here's a silly question - how do we get a ride on the Columbia? Last time we were too busy and didn't get a chance to hit up the Mark Twain or Columbia, and when I was there last year, they were both tied up due to RoA being out of bounds.

I don't know about Christmastime, but before the RoA went down due to Star Wars Land construction, the Columbia seemed to be running most often on weekends, was often not running during the week on my visits. The main thing to remember about the Columbia is that it stops running early--earlier than the Mark Twain. I am at the parks now & the day before yesterday it started running at 11 and started its final trip around 4 PM, in case you are curious. I think they usually list the range of times it is running on the app, so just make sure you check the "attractions" section of the app map at the start of your day to see when it is running.

~Meg

Just got the go ahead for our Christmas trip! We will be there Dec 3-14- not sure what hotel I can't decide- thinking maybe PVI or CCI....

A co worker has expressed interest in having me bring her a candy cane. I'm game. Is there a thread or something that can make it easy peasy for me to get her one?

You need to be there at opening and hopefully right at the front of the queue. You need to go directly to the candy store (depending on whether they are at DCA or Disneyland that day) and hope you are quick enough to get a wrist band. It is usually made at DCA when disneyland has early entry and vice versa. The wrist band will tell you when to come back and pick it up. There is a guide somewhere but I can't find it right now. They cut off the line at a point and then hand out some stand by wrist bands. I don't think the standby's get filled very often. Google for disneyland candy canes and you should find some information on it.I found this site: http://diningatdisney.com/maximizing-the-fun-of-your-disneyland-candy-cane-experience/

This is the sort of lines you are looking at for it :
IMG_0395.jpg

You need to be there at opening and hopefully right at the front of the queue. You need to go directly to the candy store (depending on whether they are at DCA or Disneyland that day) and hope you are quick enough to get a wrist band. It is usually made at DCA when disneyland has early entry and vice versa. The wrist band will tell you when to come back and pick it up. There is a guide somewhere but I can't find it right now. They cut off the line at a point and then hand out some stand by wrist bands. I don't think the standby's get filled very often. Google for disneyland candy canes and you should find some information on it.I found this site: http://diningatdisney.com/maximizing-the-fun-of-your-disneyland-candy-cane-experience/

This is the sort of lines you are looking at for it :
IMG_0395.jpg
Thanks for sharing this. I've seen them making them before but didn't buy one. I'm going to share this with DD to see if she wants to check this out. This is truly a holiday experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter